Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - JS Detection Issues

david06

On the regular sever, my x52 works just fine. However, when I go onto the beta, it doesn't work at all.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers, moving the CTML files, remapping, reconfiguring, unplugging, etc.

Anyone else got some ideas, or am I missing something here?

Just tried beta again today, still no joystick.... Sorry but definately an unsub issue for me since I could care less about the ground/navy game. (X52pro, Win XP32bit)

• 2 weeks later...

We've made some test changes for 1.31.0.32. I'd like some feedback from those of you posting when we go live.

And please, keep the signal to noise high in this thread. On Topic.

====

Changes (by ramp):

Comment:

I took out the code that reverses the order of the joystick devices we

keep in the game, but I don't think this will have the desired effect.

I'll put this into test for Doc to review once the next beta goes out.

It looks as if the actual joystick number is pulled from the "polled"

joystick data which comes from the OS. I might be able to reverse that

number, but I'm not sure we can know if every combination of devices will

be reversed in the way that Doc is seeing. If that's the case, it might be

reversed for some and not for some, making a fix next to impossible.

Anyway, we'll see what this change does and move from there.

We've made some test changes for 1.31.0.32. I'd like some feedback from those of you posting when we go live.

My X-52 wasn't detected before, but now works with .32 and making it the default controller.

32-Vista

• 2 weeks later...

We'd also like players to test whether their jostick assignations change from v1.30 to v1.31, as in joystick 1 becoming joystick 2 (if you run rudder pedals ie: multiple joysticks) ... we just changed the joystick detection in v1.31.0.36 to fix this issue.

In .36 my joystick number matches that of 1.30 versus older betas where my stick would be detected as joystick number 2.

Note these issues are for PC only. The Mac has different code for identifying the joystick and its features. I've now supported the slider on the X52.

Yea, JS detection is broken for me now

my x52 works perfectly in the live version and any other game but not in .37

anyone else have an x52?

ghostrider

So I had to reinstall windows because my harddrive crashed...which coincidentally crashed while playing .37 beta version. I don't know if there was any connection but the game crashed, then windows came back up but was frozen, a few seconds later i got BSOD and couldnt boot back up afterwards.

Anyways now my JS works with the new beta version. I havent installed any of the software that came with the JS, just let windows install drivers.

Just had an issue with beta detecting my joysick (TM Cougar). Hadn't tested with any but latest version. solution -Set my stick to preferred device under windows and remapped. Joystick 2 now detected as JS1 - works and appears stable.