Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Infantry: limited turning while sprinting

mobius

We've dampened turning while sprinting to help reduce warping.  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sorry but this new feature does not change or prevent at all EI warping.

You can still warp around by sprinting and using the strafe left/right option to zig-zag while sprinting. Result is you running forward and warping left and right.

Yes, it does remove the warping caused by people sprinting and doing 'S' turns with the mouse to warp around and not be hit.. now you have 'Z' warping with strafing.

Disabling strafing while sprinting is a good thing to do (and realistic too).

However, it does not change the horrible feel the current low mouse sensitivity turns while sprinting.. its just game breaking for me. I'd be much happier if they made sprinting drain your stamina at an insane rate...

i mean think about it... not even the worlds best athletes can keep a pell-mell sprint carrying gear for more than 100 meters.

So, personally, I'd say increase the stamina drain so that you cant sprint for more than 50 meters at a time. That effectively kills the sprint while warping tactic in the new open terrain (you'll run out of stamina doing a warp-sprint , slow down and get shot) and makes the sprint a movement tool rather than cheating tool.

Yeah but the game world is so damn big we really need to have a decent amount of fast moving.

I do like the comments about strafing. I thought those were dampened also when sprinting.

As to prone-sprint-prone, that doesn't really affect warping since you have to go prone but there is a ticket to investigate further.

I play with pretty high mouse sensitivity on and I just don't feel all that hampered by the change. I'm probably not an elite inf player really thgouh and I've probably gotten used to it.

With limited field of vision, fast turning ability is a basic tool to balance that.

Another important point is that the controls feel bad this way, especially if you usually play other fps games. This is a huge turn off for new players.

With limited field of vision, fast turning ability is a basic tool to balance that.

Another important point is that the controls feel bad this way, especially if you usually play other fps games. This is a huge turn off for new players.

Q and E pwn fast turning every time. Still appreciate the continued feedback. Need more people to join in.

It seems turning around is limited even while standing still...not a bad idea, but I think I should be able to turn 180 degrees and cover my whole mousepad only once.

BTW I hope this won't be the final release for the anti-flopping prone-sprint-prone thing. There needs to be small delays between each flop, not a huge-*** delay only after flopping several times.

Where'd the edit button go?

I wouldn't... the strafe while sprinting we have now is still rather reasonable. Changing directions by 90 degrees in a split second is not. Also lying down and standing up shouldn't be possible to do so quickly.

this a good answer i think you should be able to get down and up fast like in game but not rapidly like now, make you look like you running in a 45 degree angle, you can sprint when crouching so imo no reason for that feature

I wouldn't... the strafe while sprinting we have now is still rather reasonable. Changing directions by 90 degrees in a split second is not. Also lying down and standing up shouldn't be possible to do so quickly.

Actually, from personal experience in basic training, the Army puts a bit of time into practicing changing stances Pretty fast, even down to kneel/standing/saluting. If you've done an action a Lot in basic training, you get pretty fast at it. Hitting the dirt and returning fire quickly means the enemy's fire is broken up quicker, reducing casualties, so it's something troops are trained in.

I agree that it's the current implementation that feels unresponsive, as others have said, it felt like my mouse sensitivity was suddenly reduced. If that feel can be changed, I'd support this new idea.

So faster up-down movements then?

If you do make "down" faster, (heck, even if you don't), the avatar shouldn't be able to aim and fire so quickly. That rifle in reality is nowhere near in position to aim or fire when you go flying face first into the ground.

Especially if going prone from a *full sprint*.

It should take a couple seconds to get settled & aimed, and a couple seconds to get back up.

And if you do it twice in a row, it takes longer, three times even longer.

There should be no way to do the dolphin dive run across a field.

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

So faster up-down movements then?

I think it's good how it is and sounds like mdundee agrees, what i was talking about also was when you are in prone and moving forward spamming the run button makes you run in a 45° angle as if your upper body is floating when running,maybe easy fix have a 1 or 2 second delay for everytime you press the run button?

Already is Von. You try spammin shift and it will stop working.

I think we'll call this done then. At least until we redo third person animations.

The only issue I have with it is when you let go of the sprint button there is a delay before you have the quick turn. You have to wait for the sprint to slow to a walk and it makes it feel slow and clumsy.

Maybe it feel better if it was quicker to slow down but take longer to speed up? btw, the lag is non existent the last two days. I have the beta netcode 2 enabled and it is great.

There actually should be an element of deceleration from a full on sprint.