Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

CSR Achievements & Scoring

GOPHUR

Been looking at the new CSR work going on and it's moving along. Couple things I'd like to see are player scoring and achievements.

Let's say you were going to give a player a score. What would that look like? Time box it for 30 days? Can you make it universal enough to be cross persona?

What would be your favorite achievment to get? Captured 1000 flags? Killed Bilton 10 times?

My favorite achievements would be:

- Kill 10/20/30 tanks with a tank in 1 sortie and RTB without critical damage.

- Kill the guy that killed you the previous sortie.

- Killing the CINC

- Combining the achievements with the top 100, so if you kill the #1 you get an achievement for that. Doesn't have to be permanent achievement but just a notification when you despawn.

+ I want to see who i have killed.

I like the revenge kill achievement.

Fru killers and FB takers are hugely important players.

Longest running fru (something for the ML's who keep the ball rolling for everyone else).

Longest kill range per weapon.

FB guard duty time ranking.

Obviously, most of my respect goes to the people making it possible for other players to win and have fun doing what they do best.

My idea is to have a total scoring contest. Take all the points you score toward your next rank and add them all together to get a total score. Combining Army, Navy, and Air force points. Also combining allied players personas, so no matter what an allied player spawns they are adding points to their total score.

Then, the person with the highest score at the end of a campaign wins 1 free year.

Even if this does not become a contest, Top 100 total scorers is a stat I would like to see added.

Would love to see an accuracy stats applied to snipers, although I seriously doubt you can track how many rounds someone fires.

Stat on running people over. Combine All Allied Stats into one so they can be on Top list and we have better competition going on. Stats for killing EFRU's & FB's. Just to name a few.

Stat on running people over. Combine All Allied Stats into one so they can be on Top list and we have better competition going on. Stats for killing EFRU's & FB's. Just to name a few.

I actually disagree with this for a very good reason. It is all well and good for the best twitch fighters to win, but one single list pretty will pretty leave everyone else completely out of the running. I like the fact that tankers can compete among themselves and fighter pilots have a ranking and bombers, etc. TBH, if they do it right, bombers could easily dominate a kill board if they focus on anti-personnel bombing. Each type of unit...air...ground...navy...have somewhat different kill ratios based on what they do. Navy itself could never compete in a number of enemies killed if they actually get in a ship. DD battles have usually have scores in the single digits per sortie, and they have nowhere near as many sorties. By default, Navy would never get anywhere near a single combined scoreboard based on something like k/d or simple number of kills.

But anyway, one great thing about this game that is absent in the majority of other games that I have played is scoring for engineers and truck drivers as well. Support players can look at their stats and see how they measure up against other support players.

I think having a top 100 list for each unit is one of the better things about scoring in WW2 Online. PLEASE do not change that.

First of all, representing my fellow Navy fans, I think it will be nice if we see navy achievement. I can think of things like:

1. 3 DDs killed in a RTB sorties

2. 2 EA shot down during a sorties

3. X numbers of inf being killed during a sorties.

The first and second achievement encourage high sea battle between navies, the last achievement enourages Sea borne attack operation.

Perhaps to make Air combat more interesting, you can also add achievement like:

1. X number of EA killed using a bomber in a sorties. (dedicated to Swoop)

2. X number of EA killed within a certain time frame

3. Landing a transport plane X meters away from a EAB (to encourage airborne corp)

Edited by daoists

Unification of allied personas scores.

Unification of player score(combining each stats for each persona) so it promotes those players who change sides when OP.

EFru Destruction Scoring also differentiates EFRUs that are spawning or being used by many players

Fru Deployment Scoring showing number of soldiers spawned and average.

Tank stats - takes in account kills on AFVs, ATGs, AI, Infantry (Discriminating AT-Infantry) and Armor killed.

Tank destroyer/assault guns/tank hunter stats - Focus solely on tank and AT-AFV kills and bailouts.

Bailout

Getting hit by an enemy tank or atg and then despawning in the few minutes afterward even if no critical component was damage it should count ideally as a new stat(bailout) or a form of kill credit.

Best Soldier a new stat that takes in account most aspects of the game like previous stats from using Infantry, Armor, Naval and Air takes in account team support like captures, rearmament, tows, kills, Frus deployed and destroyed...

More to come...

@Quincannon

Shut up with you backwards thinking out of place in context of the gaming industry and 90% of players that play, played, switch sides and will play.

Allied personas scoring must be unified not only to promote some allies to play more UK/FR/US... but also to frikking show up on the top stats VS GER players, I think CRS can unify not allied allied but all personas scoring but still allows you to individually compared to each other.

Edited by fxmkorp

1) Are you changing the underlying database to support these stats from scratch?

2) If so, can we please have proper services for the community to be able to access these stats?

Dont really care much bout the rest, others have great ideas for that, but a proper service layer would do a LOT of good.

AWARDS!

Build in a PROPER award system for HC's to award ribbons etc..

All that stuff is hidden in spreadsheets on different present and former players computers - all this data is fragmented and not centralized.

An award system would be a MUST IMO! And if you build those services properly you will easily let that stuff be implemented on the homepage automatically.

I will here quote Napoleon

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon"

Simple services like these would be really nice, will just mention a few to get the idea across

1) Get playerid info based on player handle - like so for instance

request "Szyporyn" - being able to handle wildcards would be nice here (hence the response in my example will deliver rows

{	rows: [		{			handle: "szyporyn",			persona: {				british: {					navy: "23232444",					airforce: "2323442",					army: "2434232"				},				german: {					...				},				french: {					...				},				american: {					...				}			}		}	]}

2) Get player stats based on PID - like so

request "2323442"

{	handle: "szyporyn",	branch: "Royal Air Force",	stats: {		...	}}

And so on - this would let the many guys out there who uses this info really have something to work with, and the ability to create third party apps for you guys to easily implement and manage. Or as most of us do (who does it) implement data directly to our websites etc..

This is not achievement, but will you change the way especially top 100 fighter stats will be counted? There have been presented couple of good ways to calculate the top 100 list. Maybe you could change the formula for more "realistic" one?

I don't remember the best of them, but I think there still guys lurking in the forums that had good formulas..

Achievements for F2P players, to whet their appetite, plus others for paid only.

- First kill with a rifle

- First knife kill

- First capture of an objective

- First town capture

- First town liberation

- First truck ride

- First tank ride

- Kill a veteran player

- Kill a builder

- Kill an enemy player at least 4 ranks above you

- Jump from a plane at above 10,000 feet

- Jump from a plane at less that 500 feet (splat!)

- First kill of an enemy aircraft from a ground based weapon

- First kill of an enemy aircraft from an air based weapon.

- First FB destruction

- First kill from a ship

- First kill from a aircraft

There's literally hundreds of achievements possible depending on what data is actually captured. Is there somewhere that has this info?

DrLoon

People care about stats.

The stats you provide will change behaviour.

Put out stats for things you want to encourage

Don't put out stats for things you want to discourage

For example, I'd definitely have a top fru creator stat and a top tower stat because those things are important for the game's combat environment and aid teamwork.

I'd probably have a most active HC stat or most active OIC stat.

I wouldn't have a fb destruction stat or fru destruction stat because while they are very important for your sides chances of winning maps, they're also negative in terms of battle continuation and gameplay experience for greentags who often are left spawning in on missions whose spawn point has just gone down.

Allied single persona stats are far too long overdue and should definitely be included.

At the top of my list is unified Allied scoring for top 100 lists but retaining the ability to see the 2 personas separately would be perfect.

Top RDP bomber list would also be great as well.

szyporyn, why would you wish that they are NOT unified? It's not like you fly FAF anyway, you'd still be in the same spot in the top 100 either way, except that people who fly both AFs equally would now have a chance at being in the top, too!

@Quincannon

Shut up with you backwards thinking out of place in context of the gaming industry and 90% of players that play, played, switch sides and will play.

Allied personas scoring must be unified not only to promote some allies to play more UK/FR/US... but also to frikking show up on the top stats VS GER players, I think CRS can unify not allied allied but all personas scoring but still allows you to individually compared to each other.

Oh my stars and garters! With all due respect, I was under the impression that this is a forum where everyone has a right to make suggestions. I stated my view, respectfully. If you disagree with me, you can say so without being hostile. You and I see things differently. We can disagree without attacks on each other. Please do not tell me to "shut up again." I did nothing to warrant being talked down to in such a manner.

I never said that the idea of unifying allied player's stats was wrong. I never even argued with the idea of creating a unified player record, per se.

I was arguing for the idea of keeping unit stat boards separate. i.e. Pilot...tanker...rifleman., yet still have the leaderboards for the top 100 overall.

To be honest, if unit stats were kept separate, I think that the only real problems with having one unified record would be that there would be no separation of awards between sides, and no on side competition or side versus side competition. You could not have a top Allied pilot versus a top Axis pilot, because the numbers would be merged.I would hope that we would not change our stats to be similar to the BF series, for example, where stats are so interchangeable that the only thing that matters is basically one's overall k/d.

My worry in this area, however, would be that we would start losing our side distinction. One of the unique things about this game is that we have unique sides and players who are loyal to those sides. each side has a unique community and personality, as it were. I would hate to see any of that be lost. Maybe it is not the way most modern games are handled, but few of them last as long as this one. CRS has done something different, but they have built a loyal following that still plays after all these years. I think they have done something right. :D

I would like to however, suggest a take on Szyporyn's idea. I would like to see each player have a nice period looking jacket showing their Allied and Axis stats and medals on a two page Dossier graphic. If it were linked to HC tools or had some way for HCs to enter awards, we could also enter everyone's non-achievement awards into the jacket to go with their automatic ones. Unless or some reason it was decided to go with an automatic only method of giving out medals and awards. Again, however, I like out system of giving out awards, because people get recognized by their peers and opponents this way. (Another system unique to WW2Online.) Unfortunately the current tools only have jackets for officers actively in HC. The separate awards databases are great, but not immediately convenient for players to access. One stop for stats and awards would probably be a popular move.

As far as other possible achievements, I created a number of achievement based awards on the Allied awards list and I know the Axis have some as well. Maybe some of those medals could be used or modified for the new system. :)

Don't need allied and axis stats. Though, if that is all we can get, then of course the allied stats must be combined so the top 100 is more fair.

*** What we need is persona stats. I delems am a persona - I have rifle stats in Navy, Air and infantry - for multiple armies. Why don't all my stats count for rifleman in the top 100? ***

If I swap sides to help balance game out - I'm penalized right now. If I spend nearly half my time in Navy operations I'm penalized right now. I personally use all three branches of infantry nearly every map. I want all my stats to count for me.

And, if I swap sides and kill 10 ei with a rifle - that is part of my stats and should be reflected in top 100.

So, no - no side stats, no branch stats - combined stats for persona.

Now, if you allow for one to query and look at branch, or side stats -sure, that is great - but the main stats (top 100) should be based on persona imo.

Edited by delems