Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Operation Blackcock Award

Quincannon

Multiple Individuals Citation Template

ahc_logo.gif

Attention Allies!

In recognition of gallant and distinguished service, the Allied High Command hereby presents the following ribbon to all Allied service members who participated in

OPERATION BLACKCOCK

Blackcockribbon_zps5xprpjef.gif

on 24 January 1944. The High Command wishes to communicate the folowing in regards to the success of this operation:

• Operation Blackcock was run on Sunday 24 Jan 1942. It was based on an actual Operation in WWII (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Blackcock). The Operation targeted the Roer Triangle. The towns of Roermond, Sittard and Heinsberg. The Maas river crossing and capture Heinsberg were the key objectives.
  • The RDP setup for an operation used to be the forte of an Allied Operation. The operation was proceeded by 24 hours of intense RDP bombing. AHC believes that RDP bombers had slowed the Axis resupply by 40-50% before the operation. Great job.
  • The Operation started at 1500 CST (Server time/ 2100 UTC). We owned Masstrict, Esloo, Sittard and Masseik along the Maas river line.
  • We assaulted with the the US 81st in Weert and the US 61st infantry in Masseik. Targeting the West side of Roermond. We also targeted the linking towns of Panningen (North of Roermond) and Heinsberg (Southeast).
  • We captured Roermond and Roermond West. We also had a simultaneous capture of ABs in Panningen, Heerlen, and Heinsberg.
  • It was a great Combined Arms operation and was successful in capturing and holding Heinsberg.
  • The communication was outstanding. The squads did a great job of focusing on key objectives.
  • Quick switching between AOs to take advantage of tactical opportunities were great. As a result we trapped Axis 16.1/16.3 brigades in Griendtsveen and eventually sent them to training.
  • Communications, Communications and more Communications. Great job!

• The Player Base (PB) seemed to really enjoy it. The Axis put up a great fight. Some of the best Air/Ground battles in recent times.

The actions of these service members were in keeping with the highest standards of the military, and reflect credit not only on themselves, but on their countries and the Allied Forces.

Allies Salute!

Colonel Quincannon

Executive Officer

Cinc Administrative Staff

• Thanks 1

Was just about to post asking for you to issue this Quin.

GJ on a damn fine Op Allies! I really hope everyone had a good time and I enjoyed helping to plan the operation.

S!

nicely done by allies.

reminds me of an old 'Helter Skelter' op 6/7 years ago where 3 towns were AO'd and assaulted simultaneously and then the call made to switch to the least defended > the three towns fell in a row, not simultaneously like in OP BlackCock.

• Like 1

Was just about to post asking for you to issue this Quin.

GJ on a damn fine Op Allies! I really hope everyone had a good time and I enjoyed helping to plan the operation.

S!

Everyone DID do a great job... I just wish i could have been a part of it, especially since it's one of my better ribbon designs... (oh well)

!S to everyone involved!

Edited by Quincannon

Was truly an awesome night. I was hitting the player vis limit outside the town 1km. We had a ton of players on both sides and it made it amazing.

• Like 1

Pulfer needs an award for running the show that night.

I don't recall seeing too much of pulfer in Roermond, it was mostly doc1168 who did a bunch of preplanning and genxs who ran the show for the most part. He may have indeed had a part in Heinsberg and Panningan ao's, but genxs stands out vividly for the Roermond attack.

I don't recall seeing too much of pulfer in Roermond' date=' it was mostly doc1168 who did a bunch of preplanning and genxs who ran the show for the most part. He may have indeed had a part in Heinsberg and Panningan ao's, but genxs stands out vividly for the Roermond attack.[/quote']

He was MOIC for the night... You need to look more attentively lol.

And I was the one who went to Panningen, set FRU and asked for cappers. On pulfer's orders.

AEF was on Heinsberg if I recall correctly. Pulfer was the one who placed the AOs.

Edited by Lob12
  • Like 1

I did have tunnel vision during the op though, was pretty busy between my two accounts and running that damn beddy around

• Haha 1

I did have tunnel vision during the op though' date=' was pretty busy between my two accounts and running that damn beddy around[/quote']

Maybe you missed some of the .HC chat while being on ur 2nd account then.

Anyways everybody did well that night. Just thought pulfer deserved something for stepping up and taking the reigns on the grand scale of things.

• Like 1

AEF AAR kind of..

SE of Roermond West there is a river bank, gives great cutting shots and enormous view ranges right down to Maaseik FB. It also alows shots all over the south side of Roer AB and even to the edge of the veh spawn.

AEF repaired the bridge on the hot AO and raced across a ZoC that lasted until Roermond was heavily attrited and the north push was finally gaining momentum.

Without that SE/S hill in allied hands you will fail on most attacks at Roer because a Tiger and a stug between them can easily force you into 1 approach which is easily defended against. Seen it many time. Not a 'wooohoo look what we did', a 'heads up on important terrain.

Heinsberg was setup with just one msp by Pulfer and we moved in the squad on his feedback. The town went down very well especially in the latter part as Roer was finally over and we got a rush of boots.

Venray was my last AO I witnessed and again a single msp started it off followed by a squad flood. It should not have gone down this easy but axis were morale in the gutter by then and not responding to ews until too late.

Pulfer and Lob (at panningen) kept comms flowing. I didn;t feel a need to assist on hc level as I'd done 6 hours during the day already on it and they had it well in hand.

Genxs was the OIC at Roer north side and again gave his usual great comms keeping people motivated that side of town.

Other HC were active in various roles but those 3 should be getting OP awards at officer level imo.

• Like 1

Venray didn't fell that easy imho, we trashed the whole French division before taking it if I remember it right. It was engaged at Rips for a while before too though.

Anyways, was a great night.

Rips had about 30% drained the div as a whole prior to venray yes but that's a 7k drive and with msps instead of frus it's an easy def if you have people actually online and not fighting everywhere already.

Knew you guys would be all over an Op named BLACKCOCK.

Nice Mo. By the way, Chuck E Cheese called to confirm your 10th birthday party reservations.

• Haha 1

Knew you guys would be all over an Op named BLACKCOCK.

It was Thrance's idea but the axis visitor claiming it was ridiculous just because it was "so big, I think I'll be sore for weeks" was the icing on the cake :D

• Haha 1

It was Thrance's idea but the axis visitor claiming it was ridiculous just because it was "so big' date=' I think I'll be sore for weeks" was the icing on the cake :D[/quote']

Cmon, admit it, the reason you joined BLACK Hand was, eh, you know.

• 7 years later...

Bump for the Allies as a reminder on how to get a real combined arms operation going!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 8:11 AM, Capco said:

Bump for the Allies as a reminder on how to get a real combined arms operation going!

We had so many good players back then

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 7:07 PM, pulfer said:

We had so many good players back then

The Allies were legit up and down the line, from grunt to flyboy to HC.  

In fact, I never knew the Allies in any other capacity up until recently.  It's astonishing how much that has changed.  

• Like 1