Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.35 Open Beta

XOOM

• CORNERED RAT

Welcome to WWII Online's 1.35 OPEN BETA!

Keep 1.34 installed to revert back to at the end of the test

BETA DOWNLOADS PAGE

DOWNLOAD 1.35 BETA FOR PC (MIRROR 1)

DOWNLOAD 1.35 BETA FOR PC (MIRROR 2)

DOWNLOAD 1.35 BETA FOR MAC

DOWNLOAD 1.35 BETA FOR MAC (MIRROR 2)

TESTING INSTRUCTIONS

It is important during this testing phase that you offer precision detail in any abnormalities that you may experience. In general we'd like you guys to play the game normally and test out things to ensure normalcy.

Please use the .report function ingame to report issues as well. That will give us a precise location of where you are at in the game world.

Use F9 to take screen shots, you may find those in your Documents > Battleground Europe folder on the PC.

We request a strong emphasis on multicrew testing in all vehicle types in all personas.

============================================

WWII Online: Version 1.35.0.10 (April 2016)

Public Beta

Significant and ongoing cleanup of old code on both client and server.

Network code overhauled. Performance in general should be much smoother than it ever has been. Most notably:

1. Multicrew has been reenabled and performs smoothly.
  2. "Death lag" has been effectively eliminated.
  3. Bug where infantry's client and server positions would gradually become offset over time has been fixed.
  4. Lots of unnecessary code was removed when spawning, which should help load times significantly in some circumstances.
  5. All 1.34 gameplay changes have been integrated, including the Bedford blackout fix.

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

Rocket launchers can no longer run while loaded. Rocket launchers also start unloaded, and you cannot switch away from a loaded one.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Automatic AO placement doesn't work properly.
  • Trees and bushes are rendered differently. We plan to revert this once we isolate the specific changes we need to undo.
  • Vehicle engine audio has occasionally "stuck" during testing, much like the old firebug.
  • When a tank is destroyed, occasionally two hulks will be added to the world. This is only apparent if you try to destroy the hulk with an engineer, which will still leave a second hulk behind.
  • An extremely intermittent issue where a client won't render a tank's destroyed state until the destroyed player despawns: Flames and smoke will be visible, but the model won't render.
  • HC GUI tools not working
Edited by FOHDRON

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XOOM

• silversoil

• sask1

• tac2i

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloading and running now.

*edit* Windows 10 smart screen tried to prevent me from installing it. By clicking on more info, I was able to run the installer. Just waiting on the beta server. :D

Edited by holmium

Downloaded, Says "campaign" closed, but "events" open. That where we test Xoom?

• CORNERED RAT
Downloaded, Says "campaign" closed, but "events" open. That where we test Xoom?

Training & Events, yes please go to that server.

• CORNERED RAT
Downloading and running now.

*edit* Windows 10 smart screen tried to prevent me from installing it. By clicking on more info, I was able to run the installer. Just waiting on the beta server. :D

You'll be fine, trust it, and then you need to go to the Training / Events server.

• CORNERED RAT
it wont open (mac)

Can you offer us any other details please? I just added a secondary mirror, try downloading again and make sure you rename it in your Applications folder to something unique.

was on 1.35 on the training server

still a few floating issues with inf and tanks

also 1 depot could not be blown up

then game locked and crashed lost connection

now cannot connect - never mind I see the auth back on and campaign map locked and training offline, you've just switched them

Edited by gassault

Can you offer us any other details please? I just added a secondary mirror, try downloading again and make sure you rename it in your Applications folder to something unique.

great , i dont put in applications , my computer deletes EVERYTHING ON IT

it will show the loading bar , THEN TURNS OFF

Yeah, crashed. and cant reach auth server now.

We tested Multicrew for aircraft. Working like a charm it seems so far. Exciting times these are

Edited by Mingus

• CORNERED RAT

Log overload, they're tuning it down and we'll be back up shortly.

mac: click 'PLAY'= 'patch download' 'logging into server to check for updates' = UNKNOWN ERROR:-1

so which server are we meant to be on

campaign

training

beta

?

or you gonna make it simple and just have 1 listed

Edited by gassault

- Game opened and loaded into the server, clicked on "Squads" tab and it CTD'd

- Multiple instances of the game on PC crashed my system

- Multi-crew between PC and Mac was working just fine until I tried to open a second instance to get a "third person" view of the aircraft in flight. Multi-crewed vehicles used to warp around a lot, wanted to see if that was still happening.

Suggestion: make it possible to use .report without the 2-minute cool down.

Edited by tuesday12

That's going to be ongoing for the next hour or so, unfortunately: Authhost is really stressed because of some last-minute problems we found, so whether you get through or not is kind of just luck of the draw.

So what' s new in this version?

Parachuting Pooches?

Motorcycles?

Is the 410 in?

How 'bout new pit artwork? No?

Rats!