Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Why are we CTDing?

atgman

Using a fiber, cable to PC from fiber modem, no WIFI.

Using 32 bit .exe

Why does this game crash to desktop?

Its basically unplayable. 

Sorry to hear that. I've had a few myself, but nowhere near as bad as what you're experiencing. Mine tend to happen if I have too many inputs - such as driving the tank in a sligjht curve, rotating the turret one way, the commander another and then doing something like changing to the gunner's view or trying to type a message whilst all this is in movement or using a strafing view using the sum of two hat-key positions. It probably happens twice a week to me, so it's not a big-deal. YMMV. What are you doing when it CTD's?

Happened to me at least 4 or 5 times last night. I have never had this problem before. Straight to desktop. Ping was good. FPS was good. No warning except once or twice game would freeze right before it happened. Other times just poof, one second you are playing and the next you are at desktop.

Did either of you have this problem before the snow arrived? The reason I ask is that it just might be related to that patch, my CTD's seem to date from it. if so, you may find the problem disappears when it's patched back to green after Christmas...?

Edited by fidd

I have exactly the same symptoms as described by Hang above.

I CTD randomly, as my tag indicate, im playing ATG, AA, the occasional tank.

It gets deal braking when I repeatedly run the sniper/mg/rifleman gauntlet with a ATG, survive to get to a good position after 5-15 minutes, only to suddenly CTD :(

Id think that my play style have very few inputs and not done in very quick succession.

I play from Europe with 170-180 ping, if Hang is playing from Texas, ping should not be a factor in this.

If the snow is a factor, don't know. Its nothing new to me, has happened  a lot the last year. 

• Free Play Account

Hey guys

If anyone is experiencing multiple CTD's please put in a support ticket
Run a DXDIAG immediately after and attch it to the ticket so i can forward  to the DEVS 

Type DXDIAG in the search bar near your windows button and send us the printout (you can save the file as).

Has happened to me several times as well............my guess it's not our rigs and it has something to do on the RATS side.  Maybe the x-mas patch? snow?

The reason I assume that is because it has happened to me on 3 different computers. My work computer at the office, my home computer and my laptop.  I dare say the chance of all three of my computers having a problem is slim to none.

I have not CTD'd once since the snow patch. 

I have played a crapload of hours too, even after being logged in over night, no issues.

My system I keep very clear of stuff always keep every driver updated, including windows updates, graphics etc.

I do sometimes reinstall the game fully after patches. And I am running the game off my 2nd SSD Drive.

Edited by Kempi

• CORNERED RAT
1 hour ago, Kempi said:

I have not CTD'd once since the snow patch. 

I have played a crapload of hours too, even after being logged in over night, no issues.

My system I keep very clear of stuff always keep every driver updated, including windows updates, graphics etc.

I do sometimes reinstall the game fully after patches. And I am running the game off my 2nd SSD Drive.

That's why we're asking for the dxdiag outputs - something is going on, but not to everyone (i've had 2 CTD, back to back since the last hotfix, then none after) or even 'every time'.  The dxdiag will help pin down some of the cause, and eventually all of the causes (we've already fixed a few over the last couple of patches).  

• Registered Users

Can you disable CUE and see if it helps?

IDK as I don't have a corsair keyboard

Ok had a CTD just now, got a DXdiag seconds after returning to desk top.

What do you want me to do with the .txt file?

Happened after killing 2 Pz4 within 15-20 sec.

Edited by atgman

• CORNERED RAT

either create a ticket at support.wwiionline.com and attach the logfile to the ticket  or paste the info here and the forum team will pass it in

• CORNERED RAT
58 minutes ago, fidd said:

Odd. I thought I'd posted a post and dxdiag here - has the post been modded away - understandable - or did it fail to post?

I passed the dxdiag in then hid the post.  

atgman.

Yes...very frustrating. I am on a Mac and had perhaps 1 or 2 ctd. Usually it is a disconnection bug/problem and I have had a few of those. Also frustrating.

Hang in there best you can.

Good to see you on line playing in any case

S!

• CORNERED RAT
1 hour ago, atgman said:

So what is the progress?

When can we have a stable game experience? (no CTDs)

Most players are experiencing a CTD Free game.  Some such as yourself seem to be having issues.  I had 2 CTD back to back just after the patch, but none since.  The fact that it's not everybody, or every similar situation is making the issue a bit harder to pinpoint.  In the past culprits usually have been 'helper' software that adjusts CPU clocks, or adjusts memory usages.  Not sure if that'll be the case for your issue, but it'll get looked into. 

I've passed your data into the team to get looked at. 

Have a 5th dxdiag log, but I think you have enough data?

Why would it be different if my organic (not steam) account is payed or activated by other CRS actions?

• CORNERED RAT

Is the account having issues steam or organic?   

Recently there has been an uptick of issues related to the steam API (mostly manifested as errors at launch) - we've reached out to valve to see what's going on.

Have not had a problem since the first night. I had just down loaded the updated game and patch. Game has been smooth since the first night.