Jump to content
Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

EnterWorld bug.


Recommended Posts

  • CORNERED RAT

I'm pretty sure this occurs when you have a last unit selected. It is either checking the server making sure it is in supply or someone else is also selecting that unit at the same time. 

Either way I don't think you would be happy if 1 Firefly was in supply and 12 of us all spawned it at the same time. Because that is what this is preventing from happening. 

 

I'm sure CRS could verify what I think causes this.

Edited by Kempi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • delems

    12

  • KEMPI

    8

  • choad

    3

  • undercova

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This really needs to get fixed.

*** No it is not, someone else just stated this also. Not going to argue over it.  Been playing 10+ years. You never get this bug when under pop and no SD. You get this bug often when t

Really need to get this fixed; so irritating pressing Enter World... and then not entering.

delems

It only happens when 1 unit is in supply and there is SD.

Never happens with 1 unit and under pop / no SD.

Been confirmed.

It either needs to be fixed, or just remove SD -- is fair for both sides if there is no SD.

Edited by delems
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
delems

Nah, is just when over pop.

1 in 1000 you'll get it, if someone picks same unit as you and last 1.

We've had maps with no SD before, and there was never an Enter World bug.

I know - been dealing with this bug for 11 years now :(

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
choad
12 hours ago, delems said:

It only happens when 1 unit is in supply and there is SD.

Never happens with 1 unit and under pop / no SD.

Been confirmed.

It either needs to be fixed, or just remove SD -- is fair for both sides if there is no SD.

Not true, last night allies were under pop and i got this bug.

Link to post
Share on other sites

its not game breaking, but I dont see why the server takes so long to recognise that someone other than me has already taken the last unit in supply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CORNERED RAT
6 hours ago, dijpa said:

its not game breaking, but I dont see why the server takes so long to recognise that someone other than me has already taken the last unit in supply.

Sometimes if I have that unit reserved I will play the waiting game on spawning the unit against the other person :) 

I usually win :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CORNERED RAT
16 hours ago, delems said:

Nah, is just when over pop.

1 in 1000 you'll get it, if someone picks same unit as you and last 1.

We've had maps with no SD before, and there was never an Enter World bug.

I know - been dealing with this bug for 11 years now :(

No it is not, someone else just stated this also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
delems

*** No it is not, someone else just stated this also.

Not going to argue over it.  Been playing 10+ years.

You never get this bug when under pop and no SD.

You get this bug often when there is SD.

There was a map with no SD - never got the bug once.

I get this bug EVERY day I play, at least a couple per session.

(Unless of course, we are under pop the whole time)

 

And, I guess I don't really care why it occurs, it just needs to stop occurring.

Edited by delems
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Mosizlak
49 minutes ago, jwrona said:

Except it's not a bug...

If you're implying it's extra SD, then that's pretty fuggin lame. If true. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kidd27

 

Its not a bug, its just clunky. it could be smoother, but its not a game breaker.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CORNERED RAT
KEMPI
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

If you're implying it's extra SD, then that's pretty fuggin lame. If true. 

I believe it is extra checks done for reserved units, if there is 1 unit left and 2 people select that unit, then sometimes you have to hit enter world more than once.

Can you imagine if 1 tiger or matty was left and 10 people all selected it at the same time as a squad, and then all spawned in at the same time. It would be pretty game breaking.

 

I know it can be annoying, I get it quite often myself. But it is still better than the alternative that could happen.

Edited by Kempi
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kempi said:

1 tiger or matty was left

Oh so that explains why I every time I try to grab a G41, it happens :angry::angry:

<sarcasm ;)>

Link to post
Share on other sites
choad
42 minutes ago, Kempi said:

I believe it is extra checks done for reserved units, if there is 1 unit left and 2 people select that unit, then sometimes you have to hit enter world more than once.

Can you imagine if 1 tiger or matty was left and 10 people all selected it at the same time as a squad, and then all spawned in at the same time. It would be pretty game breaking.

 

I know it can be annoying, I get it quite often myself. But it is still better than the alternative that could happen.

I could undestand that scenario if the 2nd time you clicked enter world it said "no longer available". More often than not it pauses - and give you the unit anyways. So if it were a scenario where 2 people trying to get the last of a certain unit - why not just tell the person who isn't going to get the unit it is no longer available after the first pause-and-wait? It seems clunky and not ideally coded to me. Yes - I have had it after the 2nd click, after a pause-and-wait tell me it isn't available. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CORNERED RAT
KEMPI
1 minute ago, choad said:

I could undestand that scenario if the 2nd time you clicked enter world it said "no longer available". More often than not it pauses - and give you the unit anyways. So if it were a scenario where 2 people trying to get the last of a certain unit - why not just tell the person who isn't going to get the unit it is no longer available after the first pause-and-wait? It seems clunky and not ideally coded to me. Yes - I have had it after the 2nd click, after a pause-and-wait tell me it isn't available. 

I have noticed this happen more when supply is still coming in. Depots are the most common place for this to happen as supply trickles in as units are used.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
delems

Again, turn SD off and this bug doesn't happen.

Don't believe it - turn SD off for a day and prove it.

Edited by delems
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CORNERED RAT
KEMPI
37 minutes ago, delems said:

Again, turn SD off and this bug doesn't happen.

Don't believe it - turn SD off for a day and prove it.

Noted, it is one of the scenarios I will be testing this on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • CORNERED RAT
B2K
On 4/28/2021 at 3:00 PM, delems said:

Again, turn SD off and this bug doesn't happen.

Don't believe it - turn SD off for a day and prove it.

Not sure how many different people need to tell you this before you believe it - SD does not matter in this.  The bug does occur when underpop as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
delems
Posted (edited)

*** Not sure how many different people need to tell you this before you believe it 

You are entirely wrong on this.

My gosh - I've played this game 10 years.... pretty sure I know how it works.

How much you wanna bet?  I'll put a grand up if you do.  Donate to game.

How many times have I got to say this?
There was a map with no SD --- and ZERO EnterWorld bugs.

Why do you persist in this?   Turn SD off for 1 day-- EASILY proven.

Edited by delems
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
N8
35 minutes ago, B2K said:

The bug does occur when underpop as well. 

Not when I play underpop.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...