Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Axis air HE rounds.

TREVOR8

Lulz ...

unknown.png

flamed and blew him up frontally at 500m

well ... not straight frontally ... my guess is i hit his engine roof top in a good angle that set him on fire with HE rounds

Edited by undercova
  • Like 1

Absolute bull[censored]. Joke. Don't wanna hear anyone whine about invincible Matty ever again. Whiners. Yes I'm salty.

Edited by pulfer
  • Haha 2

Tried and couldn't replicate it, I think it's latency on the "victim" client, so momentarily the round passes through you and explodes on the inside.

In other words, a total fluke.

• Like 2

I dunno what A20 those guys are flyin but mines usually crippled after 1 or 2 bofors hits (audio). Limp mode, 100% right rudder, void the warranty kinda flight home... and thats if i havnt been flamed from the first hit. Damn Jarvex has been tearing me apart with a 20mm at distance this map (nice shootin brother)

But what do i know :popcorn:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SicnesS said:

I dunno what A20 those guys are flyin but mines usually crippled after 1 or 2 bofors hits (audio). Limp mode, 100% right rudder, void the warranty kinda flight home... and thats if i havnt been flamed from the first hit. Damn Jarvex has been tearing me apart with a 20mm at distance this map (nice shootin brother)

Seriously? I remember last map I hit your a20 at least 2-3 times before you bombed/strafed me, multiple times. 

That guy isn't crippled. A 110 got him smoking before I even hit him.  Watch him roll away and twist and turn. That happens way more often than not. 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, undercova said:

Lulz ...

unknown.png

well ... not straight frontally ... my guess is i hit his engine roof top in a good angle that set him on fire with HE rounds

10 hours ago, SicnesS said:

Funny thing is  when pulfer said his matty had just been blown up frontally at 500m everybody on discord said I bet that was undercova (or words to that effect), well somebody  did  mention Bronko69  but  that can't be right as everybody knows bronko69 got a lifetime ban for hacking!  and CRS aren't stupid enough to let somebody they caught hacking back into the game, I mean what kind of message would that send.

Edited by thedog
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, thedog said:

Funny thing is  when pulfer said his matty had just been blown up frontally at 500m everybody on discord said I bet that was undercova (or words to that effect), well somebody  did  mention Bronko69  but  that can't be right as everybody knows bronko69 got a lifetime ban for hacking!  and CRS aren't stupid enough to let somebody they caught hacking back into the game, I mean what kind of message would that send.

i just kept firing 20mm HE rounds at that Matty ... he turned a bit because of the road ... then a few moments later i saw flames and an explosion. was at about 500m distance.

later on i was on training server with Saffroli and tried to replicate it ... but it didnt work out. Welcome to the inconsistency of game server ! :popcorn:

but we were able to find more flame/kill spots for many other tanks :rolleyes: specially british  ones

7 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Seriously? I remember last map I hit your a20 at least 2-3 times before you bombed/strafed me, multiple times. 

That guy isn't crippled. A 110 got him smoking before I even hit him.  Watch him roll away and twist and turn. That happens way more often than not. 

Nothing to see here.  Just learn2aim better.

Move along.  

*runs*

4 hours ago, undercova said:

i just kept firing 20mm HE rounds at that Matty ... he turned a bit because of the road ... then a few moments later i saw flames and an explosion. was at about 500m distance.

later on i was on training server with Saffroli and tried to replicate it ... but it didnt work out. Welcome to the inconsistency of game server ! :popcorn:

but we were able to find more flame/kill spots for many other tanks :rolleyes: specially british  ones

Considering how often people bring up bronco around you, it's remarkable that I don't recall seeing you respond to the accusation.   

It's as if the words are invisible to you.  

1 hour ago, Capco said:

Considering how often people bring up bronco around you, it's remarkable that I don't recall seeing you respond to the accusation.   

It's as if the words are invisible to you.  

Well its kinda like a certain Tanker on the Allied side that doesn't seem to die where all the other tanks die , and before one hits the despawn button cause exactly that Tanker just killed you with one shot , I can name the gametag before I see the killed by name .

But back to topic , I have found that most times when you move your piece of Armor especially backing out of a gun fight , after exchanging multiple rounds back and forth the one that hits reverse 1st usually dies , I think it's cause the way the game calculates the rounds and objects in game . So now I just sit there and duel it out , moving and being under fire one gets wonky results .

• Like 4

On 7/21/2021 at 12:17 PM, undercova said:

Lulz ...

unknown.png

Was his commander out and did you have the high ground?

16 minutes ago, KEMPI said:

Negative. It was on the way to Boom bridge. Flat as a pancake. Commander down.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, KEMPI said:

i was standing on the bridge like this ... but on W side. his tank was about where the mark is. so i was slightly higher than him

UirD2SH.jpg

most likely like the golden shot vs. The Hood

On 7/20/2021 at 6:08 PM, TR6AL said:

We fix things when we can reproduce the issue consistently  .. as we have done for many Axis problems.. as you well know. We are NOT side biased, unlike some players. We can't be . 

In regards to Mo's post.. I find this last post on page 2 to be tastefully funny :lol: (edit: post is gone already - even some things that aren't gambreaking bugs never change!)

And all this whine about one lone matilda dying to a 232.. Get real. Hardly ever happens. Even then, anybody whos played this game more than a campaign knows about Matty's goofy engine deck armor. We used to kill engines strafing them with 109E's.

Edited by jester
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jester said:

We used to kill engines strafing them with 109E's.

and B1s ... from the front

2 minutes ago, madrebel said:

and B1s ... from the front

Can still do that. It's just the open driver's slit

13 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Well thats the point.. You see that many hits, on my end i may only hear or feel 1 of them, maybe 2. I have rarely made it home after more than 3 40mm hits, and dont forget you've also one shotted me from very far away as well.

Its gotta be something latency or server related. If the HE was nerfed it would be nerfed all the time, and im talking both sides not just axis HE.

@SicnesS 

"and dont forget you've also one shotted me from very far away as well." 

I think you really not understand HE ammunition correctly. The damage of HE is the same on 500m or 4km away. 

The HE bullet explode by contact so it is the same if the bullet hit a target at 500m or 2km away. The explosion after the contact is still the same.

Of example, if you drop a bomb from 500m or 4k the explosion is still the same on the ground. 

I have so often hit a A20 with a Bofors 2x orn3x times and he fly like nothing happened. 

Make it real that every bomber axis and allies (Both side) dies 90% after 1x hit from a Bofors. That is more realistic what we have know. 

55 minutes ago, sajuk said:

@SicnesS 

"and dont forget you've also one shotted me from very far away as well." 

I think you really not understand HE ammunition correctly. The damage of HE is the same on 500m or 4km away. 

The HE bullet explode by contact so it is the same if the bullet hit a target at 500m or 2km away. The explosion after the contact is still the same.

Of example, if you drop a bomb from 500m or 4k the explosion is still the same on the ground. 

I have so often hit a A20 with a Bofors 2x orn3x times and he fly like nothing happened. 

Make it real that every bomber axis and allies (Both side) dies 90% after 1x hit from a Bofors. That is more realistic what we have know. 

lol thats not at all what im talking about.

On 7/15/2021 at 1:56 PM, fidd said:

Is there anywhere in the code a routine that causes hits to be disregarded due to lag spikes or delay or similar?

On 7/21/2021 at 12:17 PM, saffroli said:

Tried and couldn't replicate it, I think it's latency on the "victim" client, so momentarily the round passes through you and explodes on the inside.

In other words, a total fluke.

7 hours ago, Dre21 said:

But back to topic , I have found that most times when you move your piece of Armor especially backing out of a gun fight , after exchanging multiple rounds back and forth the one that hits reverse 1st usually dies , I think it's cause the way the game calculates the rounds and objects in game . So now I just sit there and duel it out , moving and being under fire one gets wonky results .

The phenomenon of hits not registering has been around as long as this game.  I strongly believe that these issues are latency/ping related, especially if the files at play have not been altered. 

What other explanation could there be? Remember when we had to go through the whole "netcode on, netcode off" ordeal where people wouldn't take damage? Just last night I saw several cases of warping units.

About how long ago was the server moved to the west coast?

Edited by Capco

1 hour ago, Capco said:

About how long ago was the server moved to the west coast?

Little over a year ago , This what I had been trying telling CRS about after first patch (new ping update} when they just left Dallas , then we all getting some strange ping relate. Somewhat like shooting a ghost  or sometime  hitting not registered , well later on more patch came alone had gotten worst for some reason on last patch , the bomb was't working , they had roll back the patch and still havnt been fix yet. I think they broke it :lol:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SicnesS said:

Well thats the point.. You see that many hits, on my end i may only hear or feel 1 of them, maybe 2. I have rarely made it home after more than 3 40mm hits, and dont forget you've also one shotted me from very far away as well.

Its gotta be something latency or server related. If the HE was nerfed it would be nerfed all the time, and im talking both sides not just axis HE.

The point is it doesn't matter what you hear, it only matters what the shooter registers. All hits at client side then transmitted to the target. 

I've hit stankyus with 10 40mm while having him tell me he only heard 4. (only 4 lol)  Either crap is real broken with the HE or the DM or the packet system or something. 

Getting lucky pilot kills is just that: Luck.