Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

HE vs CPs

Kidd27

Can you blow these things anymore? I pounded both a friendly and a enemy cp with the church CS. neither went to their damage state

Yes, you can. Not sure how many it takes ... probably more than one would think  .... but cp's, depots, buildings in general all can be blown. 

1 hour ago, choad said:

Yes, you can. Not sure how many it takes ... probably more than one would think  .... but cp's, depots, buildings in general all can be blown. 

in Tielt yesterday I musta put 10 90mm church HE rounds to an axis CP to no effect.

*** in Tielt yesterday I musta put 10 90mm church HE rounds to an axis CP to no effect.

If I recall correctly, it takes 15 105mm HE shells to rubble an undamaged CP.

Edited by delems

Why does it vary between friendly and enemy HE, BTW, does anyone know? Least for the Depot itself.

If it takes 1, it should take 1 for all.

• Registered Users

The buildings are set to a max damage joules. When that number is reached the building changes state to damaged. A 88mm round and, as example, 76.2mm or 3" round have different amount/weight of explosive. They may also use a different type of explosive one to the other. So each will impart a different amount of joules to the building.

40 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

The buildings are set to a max damage joules. When that number is reached the building changes state to damaged. A 88mm round and, as example, 76.2mm or 3" round have different amount/weight of explosive. They may also use a different type of explosive one to the other. So each will impart a different amount of joules to the building.

In the case of the Depots it also varies by ownership. To blow your own depot takes many HE charges, while a single enemy HE can wreck it.

Why?

*** In the case of the Depots it also varies by ownership. 

No.

All enemy SPs rubble with one infantry HE or a few 75mm HE (mortar no longer works).  Can't destroy friendly SP.

CPs (friendly or enemy, that are front line) take significantly more HE to rubble.

Edited by delems

33 minutes ago, delems said:

All enemy SPs rubble with one infantry HE or a few 75mm HE (mortar no longer works).  Can't destroy friendly SP.

So you can't blow your own Depot?

OOK, still varies by owner, it's just infinitely harder. This makes no sense, regardless.

*** Friendly bombs can, I think that's the only exception 

SP is the spawn point, nothing friendly can destroy it.

CP is the capture bldg, both sides can destroy it, but takes much more HE now than before HE audit.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:54 AM, Kidd27 said:

Can you blow these things anymore? I pounded both a friendly and a enemy cp with the church CS. neither went to their damage state

Aim better, sorry could not resist , all in good fun.

30 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

Aim better, sorry could not resist , all in good fun.

i was aiming for the sapper spot ;)

12 hours ago, delems said:

*** Friendly bombs can, I think that's the only exception 

SP is the spawn point, nothing friendly can destroy it.

CP is the capture bldg, both sides can destroy it, but takes much more HE now than before HE audit.

You can sap your own spawn depot.

18 minutes ago, foe2 said:

You can sap your own spawn depot.

That's what I thought, but it takes way more than the ONE charge it takes an ei to do it.

*** You can sap your own spawn depot.

If by depot you mean spawn point (SP), you can, but it won't destroy it.

Unless the enemy owns it, in which case, it isn't your SP.

You can only destroy your own capture point (CP), not spawn point (SP).

Edited by delems

1 hour ago, delems said:

*** You can sap your own spawn depot.

If by depot you mean spawn point (SP), you can, but it won't destroy it.

Unless the enemy owns it, in which case, it isn't your SP.

You can only destroy your own capture point (CP), not spawn point (SP).

You can delems because I've done it and I've seen it done as well.

*** You can delems because I've done it and I've seen it done as well.

Go try it, takes 30 seconds to test.

CP yes, SP no.  Sure we talking about the same thing?

Edited by delems

1 hour ago, delems said:

*** You can delems because I've done it and I've seen it done as well.

Go try it, takes 30 seconds to test.

CP yes, SP no.  Sure we talking about the same thing?

I'm talking about the Depot (spawn point).

EI can blow it with a single charge which is incredibly annoying.

18 hours ago, foe2 said:

You can delems because I've done it and I've seen it done as well.

You are all kind of right here.

Spawn point, you can not destroy it until it flips to the other side. You can't damage them enough with Satchels and HE shells.

That being said sometimes there can be a blip that leads to a CP being blown by the same side but this is extremely rare. I believe this happens when the expected joules of energy is transferred to the CP is causing it to go over that friendly damage threshold. This is why bombs can destroy friendly spawns as the amount of joules they produce goes way over that threshold.

Capture points you can.

pfmosquito

Different terminology here may be causing confusion.

The tan three story brick building, I call the depot.  You cannot destroy your own depot, while you own it, even with bombs from the air. 

The two story buildings with the flags sticking out of them, I call the CPs.  You CAN destroy your own CP.  I've even seen them blow up because of a nade, sort of the straw the broke the camel's back kind of thing.

I suppose things could have changed.  I used to be able to mortar a depot and have it come down within my 10 round allotment.  Then there was a change and I got bored trying to find out how many would bring it down.

I kinda miss destroying things with mortars.

If 1 HE charge carried by a rifle blows the Depot, then 1 HE charge should blow any similar sized building. Since most that we can enter are maybe only 2X the size of a Depot, then 2 for those?

That or the Depot should take more—like every other building.

It's incredibly annoying to spawn in to a Depot under cap, you pull up map to figure out which way the CP is... hear a hiss, and you can't run out before you are dead.

• Like 2

Agree with Tater,  makes no sense that one HE charge blows any Spawn CP ( big building with the big door)

While the CP ( small flag building )takes way more.

Also make it that our CS pack more of a punch on these or any building , silly to have to go through 24 HE rounds + to blow a SP building when one sapper charge can do it .

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

Agree with Tater,  makes no sense that one HE charge blows any Spawn CP ( big building with the big door)

While the CP ( small flag building )takes way more.

Also make it that our CS pack more of a punch on these or any building , silly to have to go through 24 HE rounds + to blow a SP building when one sapper charge can do it .

I agree with Dre, agreeing with Tater.

I don't know what the value should be, BTW, I just don't think it makes sense the way it is NOW.

8 HE (right?) to blow a CP (friendly or enemy), and impossible to blow friendly Depot, but only takes 1 for an enemy. Presumably the gameplay logic is that some attacker can blow a depot killing ALL the ei inside to facilitate a CP capture. Meanwhile if there's a pesky ei inside a building where the solution is to drop the building, we are stuck with having to take multiple engineer spawns to drop that similar sized building.

I tend to think that the higher amounts make more sense, BTW, it's the 1 HE charge to take out a Depot that I think is the outlier and should change to match others. If 8 is a norm, then it should also take 8.