Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

HE vs CPs

Kidd27

1 minute ago, tater said:

I don't know what the value should be, BTW, I just don't think it makes sense the way it is NOW.

8 HE (right?) to blow a CP (friendly or enemy), and impossible to blow friendly Depot, but only takes 1 for an enemy. Presumably the gameplay logic is that some attacker can blow a depot killing ALL the ei inside to facilitate a CP capture. Meanwhile if there's a pesky ei inside a building where the solution is to drop the building, we are stuck with having to take multiple engineer spawns to drop that similar sized building.

I tend to think that the higher amounts make more sense, BTW, it's the 1 HE charge to take out a Depot that I think is the outlier and should change to match others. If 8 is a norm, then it should also take 8.

I am not sure, but I do know having a blown CP usually puts the other side at a disadvantage as there are fast routes to getting out of the CP. I guess this is situational, I know in most defence situations I prefer the CP being blown personally. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KEMPI said:

I am not sure, but I do know having a blown CP usually puts the other side at a disadvantage as there are fast routes to getting out of the CP. I guess this is situational, I know in most defence situations I prefer the CP being blown personally. 

Yeah, if I could blow the depot with 1 HE as first responder I would do that first, then almost always also blow the CP (unless it happens to have the upper windows exactly situated for watching likely ingress of ei).

This is part of the reason I like the idea of some alternate CP types that are more open. Nothing is worse than guard duty in this game (IMHO), and giving the guard a choice of where to be (even outside the CP if shooting into it was a thing) would help.

4 hours ago, KEMPI said:

Only because our INF dmg model is a bit wonky, nobody would run out of a second story or off the roof like we do in game .

9 hours ago, TEX64 said:

if you access this link from the WW2OL wiki . . . there is a building demolition table beginning on page 35 that reviews a broad cross-section of various buildings and the number of shells it takes to be destroyed.

https://wiki.wwiionline.com/images/7/72/WW2OL_StuH42_Gunnery_Guide.pdf

Useful, but bizarre.

2 to take out a Depot, but 6-7 for the smaller storefront thing with the ^^ roof, and 15 for a (smaller) CP.