Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Solo capture 8 min.

delems

If a side is OP enough that the cap timers are long it would be better to force more players to capture on the OP side, IMO.

The game already encourages attacks from all sides, and the UP side is hosed, because they don't have enough players, and can't even focus on the side of town that should be at risk. Then, if they DO concentrate on a side clearly being pushed, some ninja can walk around to the opposite side of town, and poof.

The whole defender/attacker flip flop, combined with the reality that all that matters are player numbers, and 360° attacks are the fundamental problems with this game. That's what needs fixing IMO.

• Like 1

*** If a side is OP enough that the cap timers are long it would be better to force more players to capture on the OP side, IMO.

The point is they are wrong.

Max time was posted as 6 min.   It is not 6 min.

I think if one side is more than 10:1 OP, then any town they AO should just automatically switch flags, that way, you can win the campaign without having to pretend that its a game of capture the flag.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Just timed over 8 min capture solo for CP.

Per map 163 rat publication.......

No capture is to be past 6 min?

What is wrong?

Edited by delems

When will we get the actual CP capture timers and sliding penalty scale?

Cause it is not what was posted in map 163.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Registered Users

This the current setting for capture timers 

1 = 240s
2 = 120s
3 = 90s
4 = 80s
5 = 70s
6+ = 60s

UNDERPOP REDUCED BY 66%

1=158s

2=79s

3=59s

4=53s

5=46s

6=40s

This info is now on the  Server Settings Doc    ------->>    SERVER SETTING DOC CLICK ON ME

Ok, but I'm confused.

First issue:

It says Under is reduced by 66%.

That means their capture is 240 - 66% of 240; or 160 seconds.

So, they cap in 80 seconds?   Not 158.

Second issue:

Also, it says Over is same; but if so, how can my cap time be 8 min+ solo?

Even 240 + 66% more is only 6 min 40 sec; yet I timed 8 min?

Edited by delems

• Registered Users

The QA team tested yesterday and reported the capture time is working correctly. 

I posted the numbers in the above post. 

did you go to the wiki ? Read it there it may explain it better than I am trying to 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, maybe some improvement. (this with axis OP)

Solo allied was 1.5 min.

Solo axis was 6 min.

Maybe the 8 min capture bug is finally defeated.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, OHM said:

We have not touched the settings for that

Doesn't mean nothing broke.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 1:58 AM, OHM said:

This the current setting for capture timers 

1 = 240s
2 = 120s
3 = 90s
4 = 80s
5 = 70s
6+ = 60s

UNDERPOP REDUCED BY 66%

1=158s

2=79s

3=59s

4=53s

5=46s

6=40s

This info is now on the  Server Settings Doc    ------->>    SERVER SETTING DOC CLICK ON ME

took me 8 mins today to single cap the Grobben CP in Schilde while we were overpop. i used a clock to be sure

• Thanks 1

still 8 mins today

tbh .. not willing to pay any money as long as this problem is not solved

atm it looks like the reduced cap timers work to some degree ... but apparently the cap timers for the overpop size INCREASES up to 100% => 480 secs instead of 240 secs

• Thanks 1

It's amazing how few people can do maths.  

Per the wiki article, the % of overpop equals the % modifier to the capture timers; this modifier is applied to both sides.  The wiki article is somewhat outdated, as the capture timer modifier now maxes out at 66% instead of 50%.

That means that, for one capper at the maximum modifier of 66%:

overpop capture time = 240*1.66 = 398.4 seconds, or 6 minutes and 38.4 seconds.  

and

underpop capture time = 240*0.34 = 81.6 seconds, or 1 minute and 21.6 seconds.  

If there are instances of 8-minute capture timers, I have no idea how that could even happen.  

@OHM Do you know how often the server checks the server balance and recomputes the capture timers?

*** If there are instances of 8-minute capture timers, I have no idea how that could even happen.  

Nor do I, hence the reason for the post.

1 hour ago, Capco said:

It's amazing how few people can do maths.  

Per the wiki article, the % of overpop equals the % modifier to the capture timers; this modifier is applied to both sides.  The wiki article is somewhat outdated, as the capture timer modifier now maxes out at 66% instead of 50%.

That means that, for one capper at the maximum modifier of 66%:

overpop capture time = 240*1.66 = 398.4 seconds, or 6 minutes and 38.4 seconds.  

and

underpop capture time = 240*0.34 = 81.6 seconds, or 1 minute and 21.6 seconds.  

If there are instances of 8-minute capture timers, I have no idea how that could even happen.  

@OHM Do you know how often the server checks the server balance and recomputes the capture timers?

so why should both sides get a bonus and malus at the same time ?

for example axis are max overpop. they get a +66% malus ? resulting in about 7 mins cap timer

and on the other side allies max underpop. they get a -66% bonus ? resulting in a bit more than 1 min cap timer 

tbh ... that is [censored]ed up.

the overpop side should have constant values then ... in this case 240 secs for 1 person (and so on) ... and only the underpop should get "better/faster" cap timers !

2 hours ago, undercova said:

so why should both sides get a bonus and malus at the same time ?

for example axis are max overpop. they get a +66% malus ? resulting in about 7 mins cap timer

and on the other side allies max underpop. they get a -66% bonus ? resulting in a bit more than 1 min cap timer 

tbh ... that is [censored]ed up.

the overpop side should have constant values then ... in this case 240 secs for 1 person (and so on) ... and only the underpop should get "better/faster" cap timers !

Well that's kind of a separate issue altogether, and one you can lobby for.  Currently that is how it's intended to be.  

But 8 minutes should not be happening, hence why I asked Ohm about how often the server recalculates the % of imbalance.  Right now that's my only hunch and it's probably not even the culprit.  

login delay up to 45 secs

spawn in delay up to 15 secs

cap timer increased ... up to 66% slower (overpop side)

cap timer decreased ... up to 66% faster (underpop side)

those are a lot of punishments for the overpop side tbh

Edited by undercova