Jump to content
Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

What does it take to collapse a building?


mode
 Share

Recommended Posts

Obviously, bombing it from aircraft can cause a building to collapse (change state to 'damaged/ruined') and kill everyone inside, because I see/hear comments about it all the time.

However, trying to find documentation on what exactly can hurt a building and how much damage it can take has been unsuccessful.

Can anyone point me to the right reference/rules resource?

There are lots of things that fling HE shells (of various sizes) in game, so I assume that most/all of them can kill a building, but with varying amounts of effort. On the Axis side we only have two sizes of bombs, 250kg and 50kg, so I am trying to learn what they can effect and how well.

Do damaged buildings self repair like bridges? If so, how long does it take?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kidd27

satchel charges and high caliber shells. will destroy buldings.

Not sure if amounts are actually written somewhere. All building will self repair.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

gretnine

I think it still is that 8 HE satchels from a Rifleman, Sapper or Combat Engineer will blow a undamaged CP building. Although, I feel like it sometimes takes couple extra to finish the job..

Tigers and similar tanks with larger cannons blow a CP depot (the building you spawn in to) usually in 2 HE shells. Most likely varies also, depending on the tank and gun.

When it comes to regular buildings, it really varies. Depending on the size, it might take 3-4 up to a 8+ HE satchels. No idea about HE shells, but the few times I've tried to blow up a regular building it has required way more shells than satchels. 

 

I haven't seen or heard anything about written damage thresholds or amounts either. All the above are basically what I've tested long time ago or just noticed during playing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember seeing something, somewhere that showed examples like 'three of these 105 HE shells can wreck a building' and so forth, but I failed to copy it down at the time (I get focused on one topic at a time).

Do the spawns at FBs self repair like other buildings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that I think about it, I guess the key question is whether or not the building cares who is hitting it with HE. Can I pick a rear area town, then satchel/shoot it to test the damage? Or does it have to be an enemy held town, something with an AO/DO?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gretnine
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mode said:

I remember seeing something, somewhere that showed examples like 'three of these 105 HE shells can wreck a building' and so forth, but I failed to copy it down at the time (I get focused on one topic at a time).

Do the spawns at FBs self repair like other buildings?

Tents at FB start to self repair and you can check the damage status of an FB by clicking on it on the map and typing .ow

FBs have specific damage threshold's that through testing translates to certain amount of HE satchels. Can't remember from the top of my head, but something like 22 satchels on inf, 14 on vehicle. Vehicle can be damaged via bombers.

6 minutes ago, mode said:

Now that I think about it, I guess the key question is whether or not the building cares who is hitting it with HE. Can I pick a rear area town, then satchel/shoot it to test the damage? Or does it have to be an enemy held town, something with an AO/DO?

You can blow up anything around the map to my knowledge and it doesn't care who is damaging it. The only case of friendly fire in this game can happen by collapsed buildings. Doesn't need to be an AO/DO (Except for Bridges)

Edited by gretnine
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have the stats on damaging/destroying the Vehicle spawn at FBs via bombs, there is a handy chart in the game manual. It doesn't say whether a 100% destroyed Veh Spawn comes back to life over time though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gretnine
Just now, mode said:

i have the stats on damaging/destroying the Vehicle spawn at FBs via bombs, there is a handy chart in the game manual. It doesn't say whether a 100% destroyed Veh Spawn comes back to life over time though.

If one of the tents are still up, after certain period of time both tents will start to repair even if one of them is at 100%.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depots can't be blown if you own them, and ei can take them down with 1 charge (which is stupid). Click, hissssss—you can't leave before the building blows unless you were already out the door—dead.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CORNERED RAT
2 hours ago, tater said:

Depots can't be blown if you own them, and ei can take them down with 1 charge (which is stupid). Click, hissssss—you can't leave before the building blows unless you were already out the door—dead.

Incorrect.  As @gretninementioned, it takes 8 satchels to blow a depot.

If you are looking for building demolition info for the 105mm HE shell, you can find it here in Section 15 of the StuH42 Gunnery Guide ---- https://wiki.wwiionline.com/images/7/72/WW2OL_StuH42_Gunnery_Guide.pdf

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TEX64 said:

Incorrect.  As @gretninementioned, it takes 8 satchels to blow a depot.

 8 for the CP, and 8 for the spawn?

OK, I will believe you. Why is it different? Why can a single ei blow the spawn with 1 HE?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TEX64 said:

Incorrect.  As @gretninementioned, it takes 8 satchels to blow a depot.

If you are looking for building demolition info for the 105mm HE shell, you can find it here in Section 15 of the StuH42 Gunnery Guide ---- https://wiki.wwiionline.com/images/7/72/WW2OL_StuH42_Gunnery_Guide.pdf

 

I just popped in game, and put 12 on a Depot. Nothing.

What am I doing wrong, exactly?

You know that a Depot is NOT the CP, right?

Spawn=Depot, CP = capture building. My complaint is that I spawn in, look at map to figure out where I should leave the Depot (marks, skulls, etc to know what side is safe), hear click-hiiisss, and cannot possibly leave before death. Meanwhile, unlike the CP, I cannot blow the Depot myself.

Edited by tater
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CORNERED RAT

It has historically been 8 and there has been no change or recent adjustment to building damage thresholds that I am of.  You are talking about the capture points, correct?  Just asking, not trying to be a smart-ass.

There is no indicator of the damage to an existing building that you may be occupying so it is entirely possible that the building you were in had already sustained significant damage from a combination of bombs, large caliber HE shells, and other satchels PRIOR to the last satchel being placed.

I don't think  you are doing anything "wrong" --- we will just have to test and collect more data in-game (ideally training server) to reliably determine what is a better estimate from a SATCHEL count to destroy X-type of buildling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tatonka

i have put 7 on a ene cp and waited in bushes for ei to go in and place #8 charge on to kill him . to him he hears one charge and cp boom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TEX64 said:

It has historically been 8 and there has been no change or recent adjustment to building damage thresholds that I am of.  You are talking about the capture points, correct?  Just asking, not trying to be a smart-[censored].

I said DEPOT.

Not CP.

These cannot possibly be confused by anyone, you never hear people in chat saying "Stay in the depot! Guard it!" Everyone one is saying "GTFO of the depot, they are capping the CP!"

 

5 minutes ago, TEX64 said:

There is no indicator of the damage to an existing building that you may be occupying so it is entirely possible that the building you were in had already sustained significant damage from a combination of bombs, large caliber HE shells, and other satchels PRIOR to the last satchel being placed.

I don't think  you are doing anything "wrong" --- we will just have to test and collect more data in-game (ideally training server) to reliably determine what is a better estimate from a SATCHEL count to destroy X-type of buildling.

Depots cannot be blown if you own them as far as I know.

Also, how does 1 HE blow a 3 story brick building, but not the flimsy CP structure? If it takes 8 to blow the CP, it should take 8 or more to blow the Depot. And the amount should not depend on ownership.

4 minutes ago, Tatonka said:

i have put 7 on a ene cp and waited in bushes for ei to go in and place #8 charge on to kill him . to him he hears one charge and cp boom

Nice, but I am talking about the depot, because I said, you know, "depot."

Edited by tater
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want the magical armor that protects the Depot from my own HE to work vs enemy HE, please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tatonka

same thing has happened to me in depots also , Dre21  heard me move after I spawned in a depot , he placed one charge , I heard him place it as I was running out , boom depot goes down and im dead .  I do not know how many he put on before hand .  The depots are weird , i have blown some up with one charge and other times it has taken 8 charges .  So  It must be from previous damage that it only takes one charge.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CORNERED RAT

Each building is set individually wrt the amount of damage it takes to blow it. I'll check them and report back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tatonka said:

same thing has happened to me in depots also , Dre21  heard me move after I spawned in a depot , he placed one charge , I heard him place it as I was running out , boom depot goes down and im dead .  I do not know how many he put on before hand .  The depots are weird , i have blown some up with one charge and other times it has taken 8 charges .  So  It must be from previous damage that it only takes one charge.

Never occurred to me that they heard me move! I forget this is a thing since Mac users are not allowed to hear ei.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CORNERED RAT
41 minutes ago, tater said:

From real time replies to crickets.

LOL, I was on the phone re my property taxes.  As an unpaid volunteer . . . never mind.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TR6AL said:

Each building is set individually wrt the amount of damage it takes to blow it. I'll check them and report back. 

I understand that, and that's fine.

Depots cannot be blown if you own them as far as I can tell.

BTW, in another thread someone said it takes one for a Depot if it is occupied. That's bizarre if true. It's literally tuned to be blown as extra camping kills—and for no other reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TEX64 said:

LOL, I was on the phone re my property taxes.  As an unpaid volunteer . . . never mind.

Sorry for the snark, that was uncalled for.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CORNERED RAT

Looks like it takes 13 times more to blow a cap building than a spawn (cp) . so the numbers look right . Has been that way at least as far back as 1.35.10 . I have not checked about the side variation but Oldzeke figures freindly can't blow their own spawn depot .

Ill check that out too if ican find it ..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CORNERED RAT
OLDZEKE
1 hour ago, tater said:

I understand that, and that's fine.

Depots cannot be blown if you own them as far as I can tell.

BTW, in another thread someone said it takes one for a Depot if it is occupied. That's bizarre if true. It's literally tuned to be blown as extra camping kills—and for no other reason.

I've not seen any data to support the occupied bit. If the "someone" has access to data that I don't have then I'd defer to them .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...