Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

What does it take to collapse a building?

mode

Is this something that can be tested on the training server? With a couple of volunteers? If so i'll help, since I sorta opened the can of worms by asking about building destruction in the first place.

Edited by mode

2 hours ago, TR6AL said:

Looks like it takes 13 times more to blow a cap building than a spawn (cp) . so the numbers look right . Has been that way at least as far back as 1.35.10 . I have not checked about the side variation but Oldzeke figures freindly can't blow their own spawn depot .

cap building IS the CP, right? Depot is the spawn. At least that's what everyone in chat says (some say "cap" for CP, all say depot for spawn in my experience. I am only referring to the spawn (depot).

42 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

I've not seen any data to support the occupied bit. If the "someone" has access to data that I don't have then I'd defer to them .

I saw it in another thread, not a rat, however. I assume that it's merely ownership. Still, why would ownership matter?

• Registered Users

Actually cp refers to the town but players call the cap building the cp and the spawn building the depot. Depot takes one satchel while cp takes around 8. 

Well, in live testing on the training server right now, one-at-a-time I put 7 satchels on the Egheeze (sp?)-Hannut Depot, specifically the flag building. The building next to it (looks like an apartment building) collapsed. The 8th satchel on the flag building collapsed the flag building. I'm still on the training server, standing next to both, and cursing the rain.

One charge inside the Eghezee-Andenne Depot, well away from any flag building, caused it to collapse. 

4 minutes ago, mode said:

So 8 on a flag building, 1 on a depot.

Did you own the depot? Because I popped on around lunch and put 12 on a depot (our depot)... nothing.

Also, why is the smaller CP harder to take out than much larger buildings?

Edited by tater

No it was British Depot, I was German infantry. I made a mission from Hannut garrison/Hannut Egheeze FB, drove an opel in and set up MSP as close as I could, then jogged in to do the satchel thing (therewas some comedy involving 'forgetting the AI is live here', but no witnesses so nothing happened and I don't know what happened the the 1st Opel mein herr)

I do find it odd that one satchel can knock down a three story brick and mortar, but it took 8 of them to rubble the smaller two story flag building. Not letting you nuke your own depot probably helps prevent greifing and/or idiots with explosives.

Edited by mode

23 minutes ago, TR6AL said:

Actually cp refers to the town but players call the cap building the cp and the spawn building the depot. Depot takes one satchel while cp takes around 8. 

I have not managed to blow up any depots we own at all, with any number of charges.

Just now, mode said:

No it was British Depot, I was German infantry. I made a mission from Hannut garrison/Hannut Egheeze FB, drove an opel in and set up MSP as close as I could, then jogged in to do the satchel thing (therewas some comedy involving 'forgetting the AI is live here', but no witnesses so nothing happened and I don't know what happened the the 1st Opel mein herr)

I do find it odd that one satchel can knock down a three story brick and mortar, but it took 8 of them to rubb;e the smaller two story flag building.

Ah. I know 1 takes out an ENEMY depot, since that kills me quite often. My point is I can't protect our depot (or aid defense in some cases) by taking it out myself.

That rationale can only be to improve camping.

Ok, here it is:

First, rubble only exists in frontline towns -- not backline.

It takes 1 inf HE to destroy enemy SP.

You can not destroy your own SP. (unless enemy captures it of course; as then it isn't yours)

It takes 8 inf HE to destroy any CP, regardless of ownership.

From memory, it takes 15 105mm HE to destroy a CP.

And 1 or 2 a SP. (enemy of course)

And I think 260 to destroy a bridge.

Buildings take anywhere from 1 to about 10 - depending on building.

And, I think the really big ones (say in Liege) can't even be destroyed by inf HE, only bombs.

Edited by delems
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2022 at 9:04 AM, mode said:

Now that I think about it, I guess the key question is whether or not the building cares who is hitting it with HE. Can I pick a rear area town, then satchel/shoot it to test the damage? Or does it have to be an enemy held town, something with an AO/DO?

I can confirm that a couple weeks ago I tried to sap a CP that Unfurer was guarding while "walking his dog" for 3-6+ hours as he usually does. The town didnt have DO, it was also not front line.

I put a ton of charges on it along with another dude who joined me because he also thought it'd be funny to kill unfurer.

Shot a ton of StuH HE at it.

Then dropped two 250s just for good measure.

CP didn't rubble.

Someone mentioned that it must be a front line town, another said it had to have AO/DO, not sure who is right havent tested.

• Haha 1

• Registered Users

Town must be frontline for building damage to be turned on. Exceptions are the RDP factories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Registered Users

Also, the ab vehicle spawn does seem to require a AO on the town before it damages... May be other "strat" buildings that also require a AO, not sure.

15 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

Town must be frontline for building damage to be turned on. Exceptions are the RDP factories.

Why does ownership matter for the Depot?

• Registered Users
11 minutes ago, tater said:

Why does ownership matter for the Depot?

I don't really know.