Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Serious bug...

Mosizlak

...going on. 

Tanks on fire moving and shooting. And not just 10 or 15 seconds. 

Dont know if this is a visual bug or a damage model bug, but saw it 3x tonight.  I'll make a video later today after I log out, but this seems like a big one. 

• Like 1

I think I had 2 vickers on fire , fully active  the front was all red I didn't know it was supposed to be fire,  looked more like a leak then a fire raging.

But then the vickers needs a serious look anyways it survives a Shrek hit from close up straight shot onto the flat part of its rear turret , and I highly doubt it's thicker there then what a Shrek can punch through , and I'm talking dead center right in the middle .

• Registered Users

As I mentioned in another thread.. the visual you get is the same with minor fire as it is with major fire. There is only 2 states.. damaged and undamaged so any fire appears the same. Code/game engine limitations.

• Registered Users

Heat charges are limited to how far something damageable is once the jets from the shaped charge get through the armor.

Once those jets hit the air they don't travel too far. That's how spaced armor defeats a shaped charge, the air space between the plates.

As to the effects, likely some vehicles will need the emitter positions looked at due to the more robust efx.

This never used to happen until recently: 

That was the 3rd tank at that town that I saw do this.  I set a s76 on fire with a perfect flank shot, then 5 seconds later he started firing at me LOL. I had to explode it to stop it from firing. 

A m10 was set on fire from a sapper. He started up and rolled into my view and I had to kill it, while it was on fire. 

It was never like this. This is something recent. 

I just drove up behind a IIIF to give ammo.

He had heavy smoke plume and was on fire.

But still alive.  However, the graphics looked great!

They just might be misleading some.  Was cool effect.

2 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

Heat charges are limited to how far something damageable is once the jets from the shaped charge get through the armor.

Once those jets hit the air they don't travel too far. That's how spaced armor defeats a shaped charge, the air space between the plates.

As to the effects, likely some vehicles will need the emitter positions looked at due to the more robust efx.

U saying the vickers has spaced armor on the rear of turret ?

• Registered Users

no I'm saying perhaps the gunner and or gun are far enough from it to not get killed/broke before the hot stuff aint hot enough

If this is intended, it's a bad decision. 

You should make it that if a tank is on fire, all crew should automatically be dead to simulate the crew bailing out.  I seriously doubt anyone would stay inside a burning tank to take a few extra shots knowing that he was going to die. 

Having tanks rolling around for minutes, on fire, still fighting,  is extremely ridiculous. 

• Thanks 1

• Registered Users

We've always had engine fire but before it was a white smoke cloud, even radial engines used that white smoke for a cooked engine.

9 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

We've always had engine fire but before it was a white smoke cloud, even radial engines used that white smoke for a cooked engine.

I know that, but now having the visual of a full blown fire and 200 feet of smoke while the tank is driving and fighting is patently ridiculous. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

You should make it that if a tank is on fire, all crew should automatically be dead to simulate the crew bailing out.  I seriously doubt anyone would stay inside a burning tank to take a few extra shots knowing that he was going to die. 

Having tanks rolling around for minutes, on fire, still fighting,  is extremely ridiculous. 

Well...we are all little "devils' that play this game...so...makes total sense to me to be active while burning up.

;)

ha ha

S!

• CORNERED RAT

Hehehe, that's a pretty cool video actually. Let me explain what is going on. In the old VFX prior to the current release, the engine fire VFX had a couple of problems going on....for 15+ years I guess. The flames were very transparent and small. On top of that, the engine fire smoke had such a short lifespan that it wasn't very visible if at all. The results you are seeing there are now the engine fire is more dramatic visually. Same with fuel fires, in fact, fuel fires didn't even generate smoke except on fast moving objects, this was fixed as well. That white smoke is from the radiator, another give away that it's an engine fire. You will DEFINITELY see the difference between the two next time you light up a fuel truck! :D

-Corn

3 minutes ago, corn said:

Hehehe, that's a pretty cool video actually. Let me explain what is going on. In the old VFX prior to the current release, the engine fire VFX had a couple of problems going on....for 15+ years I guess. The flames were very transparent and small. On top of that, the engine fire smoke had such a short lifespan that it wasn't very visible if at all. The results you are seeing there are now the engine fire is more dramatic visually. Same with fuel fires, in fact, fuel fires didn't even generate smoke except on fast moving objects, this was fixed as well. That white smoke is from the radiator, another give away that it's an engine fire. You will DEFINITELY see the difference between the two next time you light up a fuel truck! :D

-Corn

Yes, I understand that, but to me, it doesn't look cool.  It looks ridiculous, having an AFV moving and firing while in total flames.  

No human being is staying in an on fire tank, driving and fighting. It's comical, not cool. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, corn said:

-Corn

So what you are saying is get used to tanks rolling around engulfed in flames while shooting and killing . That is pretty stup`d

@OLDZEKE*no I'm saying perhaps the gunner and or gun are far enough from it to not get killed/broke before the hot stuff aint hot enough*

You do know that thing is a sardine can when it comes to space for the crew ?

Edited by Dre21
  • Like 2

• Registered Users
15 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

So what you are saying is get used to tanks rolling around engulfed in flames while shooting and killing . That is pretty stup`d

@OLDZEKE*no I'm saying perhaps the gunner and or gun are far enough from it to not get killed/broke before the hot stuff aint hot enough*

You do know that thing is a sardine can when it comes to space for the crew ?

I don't have the answer you want. 

13 hours ago, enemytank said:

good path.. increased about 60 bugs..

lol

wow, incredibly constructive criticism there. I'm amazed how productive our community can be sometimes...

How about showing a thanks first with what you like and then move on to somewhat more smoothly present your dislikes? Most devs sit here on their spare time. 

Now that that's been said, I didn't know the heavy white smoke before the patch was engine fire. If I knew I would ask for the crew to choke within a minute and now that we all know it's a fire, I don't think anyone would disagree to that a crew inside a closed compact space armoured fighting vehicle wouldn't suffocate from all that carbon monoxide and poisonous gas a fire inside the tank will cause. It just isn't realistic! I understand that there is a greater problem to code it right so it would just be easier and for the better if you'd roll back to the white smoke when there's an engine fire, instead of having flaming tanks living "indefinitely", driving around and shooting things up. It will be a hurtful if not demeaning laughable experience for any new player. This specific fire effect needs to roll back to white smoke ASAP.

54 minutes ago, steelhail said:

wow, incredibly constructive criticism there. I'm amazed how productive our community can be sometimes...

How about showing a thanks first with what you like and then move on to somewhat more smoothly present your dislikes? Most devs sit here on their spare time. 

Now that that's been said, I didn't know the heavy white smoke before the patch was engine fire. If I knew I would ask for the crew to choke within a minute and now that we all know it's a fire, I don't think anyone would disagree to that a crew inside a closed compact space armoured fighting vehicle wouldn't suffocate from all that carbon monoxide and poisonous gas a fire inside the tank will cause. It just isn't realistic! I understand that there is a greater problem to code it right so it would just be easier and for the better if you'd roll back to the white smoke when there's an engine fire, instead of having flaming tanks living "indefinitely", driving around and shooting things up. It will be a hurtful if not demeaning laughable experience for any new player. This specific fire effect needs to roll back to white smoke ASAP.

Well that throws all sorts of questions into the room , so white heavy smoke =engine fire but they still started engines and drove around , engine fire =dmg beyond it being able to be started.

I always thought white smoke =radiator dmg.

Now what does white smoke on a plane mean? Engine fire too ? If it does then amazing how they can still fly .

CRS needs to take along hard look at their visual dmg indicators.

The way it maybe should be on all vehicles/ planes

White smoke = radiator dmg , one can still drive / fly till engine overheats 

Dark smoke = oil 

Yellow = fuel leak

Fire at Engine location = well engine fire nothing goes and crew dies within maybe 10 seconds later .

Ammo Fire= vehicle fire starts slow and comes out of openings ,within 5 seconds major fire, 5 seconds later vehicle explodes.

The way it is now having vehicles drive around engulfed in fire will dmg the game more to the outside players we are trying to attract , these players will look at it as a major flaw / bug . Hell I look at it as a major flaw and I have been here ages ..

Edited by Dre21

3 hours ago, Dre21 said:

The way it is now having vehicles drive around engulfed in fire will dmg the game more to the outside players we are trying to attract , these players will look at it as a major flaw / bug . Hell I look at it as a major flaw and I have been here ages ..

This. A thousand times this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steelhail said:

and the audio inside the tank? ridiculous....

lol

and the audio inside the tank? ridiculous....
(is it the audio in real life? if it's ok, but it sounds like a lawn mower!)

and it seems that the gunner has a view from inside the barrel (cannon) because when he shoots you don't even see where the projectile goes.. just smoke..
The gunner is on the side and not inside the cannon
Is there smoke? yes but the scorer does not have the vision that the game shows now...

• Like 1

It seems that CRS doesn't like tankers.
Now created the Rambo infantry (hero)
Imitating real life, those who have money and are rich have more and more expensive equipment .. normal

On 2/19/2023 at 1:49 AM, Mosizlak said:

...going on. 

Tanks on fire moving and shooting. And not just 10 or 15 seconds. 

Dont know if this is a visual bug or a damage model bug, but saw it 3x tonight.  I'll make a video later today after I log out, but this seems like a big one. 

I've witnessed this several times recently, and one of those times it was my own tank (panzer 4). I did report it, at least. I was also tracked, and I didn't realize how serious my situation was until I popped the hatch (commander was still alive) and saw fire and my tank actually looked wrecked around me, from my limited view of it. It was very odd. But I was able to keep firing. Eventually I exploded, but it took awhile (5 mins maybe? perhaps more). 

Last night I saw a tiger last a long time while appearing to be engulfed in flames .. and I've seen enemy tanks remain engaged while also on fire. To the point that I keep pumping rounds into them until I see them explode, just to be sure. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

100% agree.

perhaps the gunner and or gun are far enough from it to not get killed/broke before the hot stuff aint hot enough

Sorry, that's absurd. Totally unrealistic.

it doesn't look cool.  It looks ridiculous, having an AFV moving and firing while in total flames.  

No human being is staying in an on fire tank, driving and fighting. It's comical, not cool. 

Yep. Opposite-of-realism design choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• TEX64 locked this topic