Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Serious bug...

Mosizlak

An AFV fire has to mean that the vehicle is dead. No more driving, all crew either dead already or bailed. Anyone with knowledge of WWII armored fighting should be aware of that. That's true even in comics and bad war movies. 

Edited by jwilly
  • Thanks 2

• Registered Users

Maybe the issue is when the trigger for the animation for fire is not config correctly.  

45 minutes ago, OHM said:

Maybe the issue is when the trigger for the animation for fire is not config correctly.  

I believe now that we know more THE problem is that there's a fire inside a tank and it doesn't kill the crew.

• Registered Users

Normally the engine compartment is closed to the crew area. Not sure about tanks as I have never been in one but you would think the fumes would know everyone out otherwise just driving normally.

Almost always, fires related to WWII tanks were catastrophic. There was very little opportunity for a small fire that could be harmlessly put out, or could burn in a small and survivable fashion while the crew carried on with fighting and driving.

Fires in engine compartments usually involved oil leakage on and around the engine bay. Maybe they could be brought under control before they breached the fuel system, i.e. carburetor float bowls, fuel lines, fuel pump, but usually not. Once the fire was burning gasoline, it would destroy the tank. Almost any fire in the engine compartment immediately resulted in the engine taking in combustion products instead of relatively clean air, which usually caused the engine to stall due to insufficient oxygen for proper fuel combustion.

Many early-WWII tanks did not have complete separations between the engine and crew compartments. The French B tanks, for instance, had a door in the bulkhead to allow the driver to access the engine. And, most WWII tanks were not air-tight at the turret bearing-race; the gap there often allowed smoke and heat from an engine fire to enter the turret. 

Fires in crew compartments often initiated via penetration of something already destructively hot. Crew compartments often included oil leakage on the floor; flammable hydraulic fluid in those tanks with hydraulic turret motors, often already heated to near combustion temperatures; and of course ordnance propellant and warhead explosives. In tanks with front transmissions, sometimes penetration damage resulted in hot transmission fluid entering the crew compartment. Tank crews immediately bailed if they still could do so upon first recognizing either smoke or flames. Most tank crews immediately bailed if their tank was hit in a manner that might indicate a penetration. Often tank crews bailed if their tank was hit at all, because a non-penetrating hit was likely to be followed by another hit from the same shooter, and the next one might penetrate. Crews generally did not wait for orders to bail, because a one second delay could be the difference between getting out and burning to death.

Tank crews did not continue to drive and fight with a fire on board. That's always been absurd.

Edited by jwilly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just pasted a vickers with an 88mm round from the tiger. Got the explosion/engine kill visual. Then fire. 

Then watched him fire on our FMS for THREE MINUTES. Then I decided to fire again at it.  Had to explode it to stop it from firing. 

Anyone who thinks this is good gameplay is insane.   

The entire theme of this game is "realism". Sorry, this hollywood "on fire fighting to the last man" junk isn't good for the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Just pasted a vickers with an 88mm round from the tiger. Got the explosion/engine kill visual. Then fire. 

Then watched him fire on our FMS for THREE MINUTES. Then I decided to fire again at it.  Had to explode it to stop it from firing. 

Anyone who thinks this is good gameplay is insane.   

The entire theme of this game is "realism". Sorry, this hollywood "on fire fighting to the last man" junk isn't good for the game. 

Yeah. Saw a friendly Sherman in flames for a solid 15 minutes suppressing FMS yesterday. Something is definitely borked.

Edited by gretnine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gretnine said:

Yeah. Saw a friendly Sherman in flames for a solid 15 minutes suppressing FMS yesterday. Something is definitely borked.

Not a side thing, either. Both sides seeing this mess. 

Not good for the game. Whoever let this get through testing needs to be sacked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Not a side thing, either. Both sides seeing this mess. 

100%. 

Is this an issue with the old small smoldering 'engine dead' fire being replaced with the new huge torrent of flame fire?

I have only played a bit recently and seen huge engine fires. In that case they just need to dial down tbe graphics denoting a destroyed engine. The old graphics were much smaller and reasonable. Maybe remove the flames from the destroyed engine until the engine causes the tank to explode/the player hits ESC triggering it to explode like normal.

Edited by lovewing

make it a double and throw in whoever came up with the new anti tank inf idea.  Unbelievable. Its actually pretty sad to watch...........

I know it's annoying but please go easy on the volunteers, Xoom should be on this forum taking the flack and not leaving people who give their time for free to take it

6 minutes ago, warspite said:

I know it's annoying but please go easy on the volunteers, Xoom should be on this forum taking the flack and not leaving people who give their time for free to take it

Annoying is a understatement,  it's game killing,  player losing kind of importance. 

To attract players the game needs to at least get the dmg and visual models right . That is what players see, game play and flow is learned .

My opinion.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Whoever let this get through testing needs to be sacked. 

Way too harsh. Testers test for compliance with whatever performance and behavior they were directed to assure. They don't make their own decisions as to how the game should work.

• Registered Users

Testing conditions for QA are different than in game as there is only a few testers .. all the scenarios can not be tested and testers only test what they are asked to . 

No matter what your opinion is of VOLUNTEER testers in QA , they do whatever they can .. Not their fault ...period! 

They last update was extremely intense as there was an incredible amount in it . There where for example 28 NEW towns that all had to be checked out .

That was only some of the terrain testing involved .. which had nothing to do with sound testing as well as IVC testing . 

I won't give my opinion of the complainers .

• Sad 1

• TEX64 locked this topic