Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.37.1 new VFX and balanced audio

corn

• CORNERED RAT

Heya gang! Firstly, I want to thank you ALL for your patience, continued support and love for this game. In fact, it is very evident how much you all care simply by reading the complaints in the forum. I want you to know that we (CRS) all very much love this game too, this is proven daily on our continued progress to update and maintain v1.0 while we also push towards v2.0.

This latest update released has had some minor issues develop, some less minor than others. Know that we are actively working to resolve these issues. 

Engine Fires! The old VFX engine fire was so difficult to see most times unless you were flying in a plane. Obviously, they are MUCH more visible now. Yea, it's pretty goofy that you are seeing vehicles still maneuvering around while a column of smoke and flames follow it around like a kid with a balloon at the fair. Yea, that's a problem that needs to be look at. A burning engine should be a dead engine or a VERY soon to be dead engine. 

One of the side effects with making the VFX more visible is that if there are bugs in vehicles, it will make them more visible and obvious...even if it's a problem that has been around since the dawn of time but never made visible till VFX were enhanced. We are already in the mix tackling issues that were reported so far and are staying on top of it. 

DON'T stop reporting ANY issues y'all find, they wont get ignored and will be prioritized. Your voices are and have been heard! Have already fixed the 3rd 'static' gun sound on the Opel SPAA and Trawler. Have already made adjustments to the new muzzle smoke VFX to reduce how heavy it is. Working on further adjustments of engine vs tank tread audio balance. Working on a new STG-44 audio...so it doesn't sound neutered. Speaking of guns...ehh....will wait till we're closer to release of 1.37.2 till I open that can'o'worms! :D 

Don't worry, I'm wearing my flame-proof clothing so...SEND IT!

• Like 4

First person infantry sounds seem too loud; walking and general movement; at least to me.

Relative to other items (say Opel engine).

Otherwise, keep up the great work!

Oh, and I like the fires and smoke -- even if a bit misleading :)

Edited by delems
  • Like 1

• CORNERED RAT

delems,

Agreed, the infantry footsteps need a bit less cowbell. Thanks for the kudos! Will pass it on to the team. :)

The Tinnitus simulation after grenades and satchels has to go back to way it was.

It's a gamebreaker IMHO.  Unplayable. Already making my ears worse.

the noise of the tracks is too loud, it should be reduced a little. I can understand that they made and rightly more noise on asphalt or concrete, but obviously it was not so predominant offroad as many videos on youtube show :)

I also hope that these will be diversified in the future, a panzer 2c cannot make the same noise as a tiger)))

Edited by vongters

• CORNERED RAT

doctording,

Yea, I have a plan for the ringing (tinnitus). It happens WAY too frequently.

vongters,

Yup, tanks need just a little more balancing between engine and track. Will be improved by the next release. As for the Pz2c, that little hunk of tin needs to be shown a bit more love. And the tiger doesn't sound mean enough.

-Corn 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, corn said:

Vongters,

Yup, tanks need just a little more balancing between engine and track. Will be improved by the next release. As for the Pz2c, that little hunk of tin needs to be shown a bit more love. And the tiger doesn't sound mean enough.

-Corn 

I love it but .. As I suggested, if you changed the key assignments it would be much better. The tiger cannot have the same button to see through the hatchs with the commander buttoned, and the instrument view of the panzer. Same problem encountered on the pz2c and pz38t with the commander unbuttoned when doing zoom. This causes conflicts and annoying changes of view. Please assign different keys to them, so that a player can use them using ONLY the joystick or however without this problem. It seems like a trivial thing, but instead it distracts a lot)))

1 hour ago, corn said:

Dre21,

Hmm...lemme go look at that one.

for what its worth, trucks seem to sound way quieter which makes them sound way more distant than they actually are.

• CORNERED RAT

gretnine,

Yea, the audio balancing performed in the last release was really just setting the stage for what is coming around the CORNer. See what I did there? lol!. Considering how much was actually involved in the audio balancing, I did expect that some special cases will need a little extra attention. :)

10 hours ago, vongters said:

I also hope that these will be diversified in the future, a panzer 2c cannot make the same noise as a tiger)))

Imagine my surprise in a baby sherman when that turned the corner thinking it was an ez kill coming 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, corn said:

gretnine,

Yea, the audio balancing performed in the last release was really just setting the stage for what is coming around the CORNer. See what I did there? lol!. Considering how much was actually involved in the audio balancing, I did expect that some special cases will need a little extra attention. :)

Excellent! Thanks for your work.

awesome job with the sound updates!!!!!

Any chance to get alittle more squeak (aka cow bell) outta the tracks. A little less clattering from the tracks and a bit more track squeak and ya nailed it.

Also do the grenades from both sides make/deliver the same sound. Not even sure if that was the case in reality or not.  And will small arms be getting any adjustment to their audio as well, Certain riffles (on my end anyways) sound like some one is hitting a garbage can with a baseball bat. The italian riffle and the spring field come to mind here immediately.

Again thanks!  S! 

Develop function to open the hatch without the commander stickin his head out. Choice of commander down or up. Just drive or stand stationary with the hatch open? Just a thought

Im pretty sure most are aware of this but ya can open a hatch while in the gunners position that allows you to hear outside the tank while in the #3.  French tanks open a rear hatch so ya gotta watch.  Most others have a slot that opens in the gunners position that is a bit small but lets the sound in.

Good idea on keeping the commander down with the hatch open though. Maybe 3.0 :p

6 hours ago, ezrelay said:

Im pretty sure most are aware of this but ya can open a hatch while in the gunners position that allows you to hear outside the tank while in the #3.  French tanks open a rear hatch so ya gotta watch.  Most others have a slot that opens in the gunners position that is a bit small but lets the sound in.

..not on Tiger..

The audios are good, a little ridiculous or loud on the mats..lol

What you also need is to reduce the smoke when you shoot with a tank....
You don't see anything for several seconds.. you can make the enemy disappear..
especially in the Tiger that the gunner's vision is short .....

LOVE the stuff you've been throwing at us, the ingame population seems to have been higher at primetimes and the atmosphere on comms and ingame world has been like a freaking carneval. The 20mm cannon puff audio IS THE BOMB. I didn't think I could redefine my fetisch for the 20mm FlaKs but here I am even hunting FMBs with it.

Artillery drops sounds mustful and dirty as they should. StuKa G2 gun 3rd perspective are an eargasm. 109 Machineguns make you feel mean in the air, like the enemy doesn't even stand a chance against your A10 Warthog miniguns.

I'm glad I put my money into this project. Thank you and Keep up the good work S!

• CORNERED RAT

Cool! Lots to reply to, let's begin:

vongters,

Am going to be taking a look at the ambience audio at some point soon. But I will take a look at the rain audio and adjust it if needed. Thanks for bringing that up. On a what if side tho, I would think the rain on a tank should sound different altogether. :D

gretnine,

Ty sir! More to come!

ClownWorld,

Infantry audio still needs a little tweaking, agreed. Not gonna dive into new functionality of hatches today. :D Ty for the kudos!

ezrelay,

Gonna be adding lots more cowbell in a number places, tank tracks being just one of them. But yes, they need a bit more life to them...fitting but not overdone. As for grenades sounding different, I would definitely think they should depending on the difference in composition and weight. I will look into that further. I already have that going for the artillery in the current release, the Allied artillery explosion is different than the Axis because the Allied arty had much more explosive filler. Infantry audio, including infantry weapon audio will be getting a good thrashing as well. It wont all come at once, keep that in mind. Might be airborne/AAA platforms first, followed by tanks/atg's, then Infantry...etc. Not in that order but along that format. But it will all come together. Yes, the new muzzle smoke is a bit heavy, have already addressed that for the next release. Appreciate y'alls patience with the various stuff that popped up.  Ty for the kudos! :)

steelhail,

Thank you sir! :) The future is bright my friend...that's all I'm sayin'! :D Thank you, from all of us at CRS! Without a community of players like you supporting us, this collective dream we all share, would remain just that. S!

• Like 2

@corncan you check the 3d audio bug for aircraft where when looking forward engine audio is significantly reduced to the point of hearing ea several 100s of meters behind.  In all reality sitting behind an unmuffled 1000+ hp motor should be deafening and all one should hear is engine,wind guns, and maybe close explosions

Edited by halsey
  • Thanks 1

My Dad was a WWII B-29 co-pilot. Those tight-fitting leather helmets they wore, with the padding to fit tightly around the ears, were so that they had a chance to hear the intercom...not to keep their hair neat.

In my Dad's experience, anyway, anything outside their plane might as well have been silent. It was all completely inaudible. Even including close explosions, and enemy guns. And that was with the closest engines twenty feet away.