Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.37.1 new VFX and balanced audio

corn

• CORNERED RAT

halsey,

Is this a new issue or an existing one? Because I did increase the ability to hear external combat sounds in this release to increase the immersion and feel while playing, which I have to say has had positive reports on. As far as how far away you can hear them, that is something else that will be tuned in later on as well. 

13 minutes ago, corn said:

I did increase the ability to hear external combat sounds in this release to increase the immersion and feel while playing

Where does CRS draw the line in regard to deliberate unrealism? 

This is an old bug that's been around for years. I'm not sure how it works exactly, but the end result is that a pilot can hear an ea approaching from well outside of guns range, with some being able to hear ea several kilometers above them.   Like I said before a wwii pilot had an unmuffled massive engine sitting basically in his lap, you shouldn't be able to hear another plane from 200m much less kilometers.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest anyone working on sound should first spend a week driving laffies around setting up msps at AOs. Sincerely, Bluto.

since the last patch came out, I have again the bug of hearing a vehicle always moving even when it is stopped, and I have it on every mission. I think It's called engine audio bug. This does not allow me to hear the noises on panzer from the commander.
Does anyone have the same problem and maybe a solution?

16 hours ago, vongters said:

since the last patch came out, I have again the bug of hearing a vehicle always moving even when it is stopped, and I have it on every mission. I think It's called engine audio bug. This does not allow me to hear the noises on panzer from the commander.

That bug is old enough to drink. Best to do is just document and provide the specifics of your client when happening. Note your connection, it has to do with packet loss. Interestingly, I found it only applies to certain vehicles - given you were playing Axis, I'm assuming the offending vehicle was either a StuG B or a halftrack.

2 hours ago, jester said:

That bug is old enough to drink. Best to do is just document and provide the specifics of your client when happening. Note your connection, it has to do with packet loss. Interestingly, I found it only applies to certain vehicles - given you were playing Axis, I'm assuming the offending vehicle was either a StuG B or a halftrack.

Mostly I now use pz4d and stug b. Yes, it's an old bug, but except for a very rare times, I hadn't any problems in years.
My connection is always the same and until a few months ago I had continuous autodespawns, especially with many people online. Then they're practically finished and I don't know why... but since the last patch, in addition to the annoying audio problem, I often have also autodespawn. So you say it's better that I send a ticket to crs?

Not a huge fan of some aspects of the sound updates/upgrades. I find that the ricochet effect is way too over-cooked. You hear ricochets (or the audio of a whizzing bullet) from way too far away. Often times, I've notice it isn't even from a round fired in my direction and I am 100 away (at least). The other issue is ... it seems  detecting the direction audio is originating from is far and away worse, much more difficult. Applies to footsteps, vehicles, incoming rounds landing, etc. 

Edited by choad

• Registered Users
On 3/8/2023 at 12:31 PM, vongters said:

Mostly I now use pz4d and stug b. Yes, it's an old bug, but except for a very rare times, I hadn't any problems in years.
My connection is always the same and until a few months ago I had continuous autodespawns, especially with many people online. Then they're practically finished and I don't know why... but since the last patch, in addition to the annoying audio problem, I often have also autodespawn. So you say it's better that I send a ticket to crs?

If you submit a support ticket please include a DX Diag   and add my name in the subject line

On 3/7/2023 at 8:06 PM, vongters said:

When I played and used two accounts on the same computer it was common to have an engine bug.
The system has difficulty processing audio from 2 accounts. This has not been fixed I think...

S!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, choad said:

Not a huge fan of some aspects of the sound updates/upgrades. I find that the ricochet effect is way too over-cooked. You hear ricochets (or the audio of a whizzing bullet) from way too far away. Often times, I've notice it isn't even from a round fired in my direction and I am 100 away (at least). The other issue is ... it seems  detecting the direction audio is originating from is far and away worse, much more difficult. Applies to footsteps, vehicles, incoming rounds landing, etc. 

There is ricochet effects and sounds? Haven't noticed them yet nor heard them.

I noticed that every hit sound on my armored vehicle is on the right side , makes it real hard to pinpoint incoming now and what direction I need to look if I survive the 1st or 2nd hit.

The engine audio bug is well known to CRS including the cause (linked to the game simulating sound traveling speed) there is no point in reporting it anymore

5 hours ago, warspite said:

The engine audio bug is well known to CRS including the cause (linked to the game simulating sound traveling speed) there is no point in reporting it anymore

IMHO It makes sense to report it if, before the patch, this bug was not present, and I didn't have that bug maybe caused by the new sound effects.

@OHM sent dx diag

Edited by vongters

4 hours ago, vongters said:

IMHO It makes sense to report it if, before the patch, this bug was not present, and I didn't have that bug maybe caused by the new sound effects.

@OHM sent dx diag

A few times when i would sap you i heard your engine throttled the whole time which was the engine bug…it was rare but you had it more often 

3 hours ago, aef said:

A few times when i would sap you i heard your engine throttled the whole time which was the engine bug…it was rare but you had it more often 

yes someone had already told me ... I do not understand what can be caused. Before the patch I only had autodespawns, sometimes constant sometimes rare, but this problem is more annoying because it doesn't allow me to hear and maybe you could even spot my location?

Edited by vongters

8 hours ago, vongters said:

yes someone had already told me ... I do not understand what can be caused. Before the patch I only had autodespawns, sometimes constant sometimes rare, but this problem is more annoying because it doesn't allow me to hear and maybe you could even spot my location?

Turning your engine on and off really quickly is one cause of the engine on bug so trying not to do that will help a little but there is another cause which isn't within your control. 

After re-reading your post I'm not sure if you are talking about a different bug, is it your own engine that you are hearing stuck on or someone else's? 

On 3/9/2023 at 9:58 PM, Dre21 said:

There is ricochet effects and sounds? Haven't noticed them yet nor heard them.

I noticed that every hit sound on my armored vehicle is on the right side , makes it real hard to pinpoint incoming now and what direction I need to look if I survive the 1st or 2nd hit.

Yeah i dunno if it is ricochet or just supposed to be the sound of a bullet whizzing by. Maybe the later ... either way, it happens too often in cases where the round is some distance from you.

4 hours ago, warspite said:

Turning your engine on and off really quickly is one cause of the engine on bug so trying not to do that will help a little but there is another cause which isn't within your control. 

After re-reading your post I'm not sure if you are talking about a different bug, is it your own engine that you are hearing stuck on or someone else's? 

Very interesting I didn't know that. It's hard to say, sometimes I'm sure it's caused by others because it's a different noise from the panzers I usually use... but other times it could be caused by me, but in this case I can't say for sure. That others tell you that you have the audio bug is ok, that you yourself can have and hear your audio bug, I'm honestly not sure it's possible...

59 minutes ago, vongters said:

Very interesting I didn't know that. It's hard to say, sometimes I'm sure it's caused by others because it's a different noise from the panzers I usually use... but other times it could be caused by me, but in this case I can't say for sure. That others tell you that you have the audio bug is ok, that you yourself can have and hear your audio bug, I'm honestly not sure it's possible...

Well yesterday when you,  dfire and myself were close by one engine was going full bore , and when I was alone I had no engine audio when I shut my Panzer 4d off , of course could not tell if it was yours or dfire's engine going but I suspect it was yours going full bore.

It sucks cause one can't hear any enemy whatsoever , not only that it pretty much tells them YO HERE I'AM

8 minutes ago, Dre21 said:

Well yesterday when you,  dfire and myself were close by one engine was going full bore , and when I was alone I had no engine audio when I shut my Panzer 4d off , of course could not tell if it was yours or dfire's engine going but I suspect it was yours going full bore.

It sucks cause one can't hear any enemy whatsoever , not only that it pretty much tells them YO HERE I'AM

Yesterday me and dfire had audio bug from lafleur on the pz2c... Are You sure that was stug engine?

• Registered Users

Nick's description of the "engine bug" from 3 years ago. 

25 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

Nick's description of the "engine bug" from 3 years ago. 

so if I understand well, there is actually no solution to this problem...
But how do you explain that from when I came back in game, about a year and a half ago, I had this problem only after the introduction of the last patch and not before? 
I mean, shouldn't  i had it even before the last patch?

On 3/11/2023 at 11:45 AM, vongters said:

Yesterday me and dfire had audio bug from lafleur on the pz2c... Are You sure that was stug engine?

He wasn't close to us 3.