Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 363

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

Player created squads

Squads
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Since we are in intermission is rant time! Come, look and rant here to find joy and happiness till 145 starts!   For me again a T0 campaign is a big no. Hopefully 145 will be a decent one again and will get to T2 at least. It`s so boring to having to spawn a rifle. I want my Fg44 and bars again god dammit.
    • One problem i am running into a lot is many new people are turning the UI off entirely, which prevents talking to them, organizing, helping etc. I dont think everyone wants solid snake, but you can yell and yell and yell, and if they aren't listening, it won't do any good.
      I have my squad set on open recruit, try to get the noobs into the action, try to reach out to them on squad chat,
      Set mission orders, set waypoints set an FM, set up defenses, sit there and watch the map and try to guide and help people rather than playing sometimes.
      Even try running multi crewed tanks and stuff for them.

But when they simply aren't hearing you, you can only do so much no matter what tool you have.

I also have a suspicion that there is a good number of them that may not speak english and so have no idea what is being said anyways?
    • part of it, he stitched together Flags of Our Fathers and Letters From Iwo Jima for the battle scene
      kind of cool i thought.
    • Isn't that Flags of our Fathers? 
    • Missing something. I'm proposing a change to the mission interface, effectively forcing it's use. I've this sort of thing in action in Ro2. When a noob log on and as no idea what to do, he'll usually follow his squad leader around like a puppy dog simply because the game encourages it.   And frankly, the biggest obstacle to teamwork in this game is the playerbase. I came in to this game expecting fire team based play. In two years of "on again off again" playing I've experienced it exactly twice. Once on the German side where the squad I was playing with packed twelve guys into an APC to cap Antwerp. And once on the allied side, when me and a friend tried to teach a handful of newbs we knew how to play the game. Any other time I tried to engage in that sort of thing with squads I've either been ignored completely, or expected to storm a CP by myself. Maybe the Axis does thing's differently, but the allies seem to have teamwork issues. It's gotten to the point where I only ever log on when my buddy does, as he seems to be the only one who wants a tank driver, ammunition carrier, bombardier, lookout, etc. Everyone else just wants Solid Snake it seems.
    • Damn.
      To be able to actually see behind you. Wrap around pilot armor doesn't help me when my tail is gone.
    • I have to ask though. If a big chunk of dev time was set aside to do some big new fancy squad UI thing, would it actually get used? I ask this because back in 2001 2002 etc we had big squads, Huge squads actually.
      I'm talking squads that could roll 30+ tanks into a town with trucks full of infantry behind them. There were no special squad tools, each squad worked out those things in its own way, what ever worked best for them.
      And they would run some pretty damned well organized ops.
      And they had to teach EVERYONE how to play because everyone was a n00b then. So i am wondering, if they did then with nothing, but we can not do now with better, will extra colors buttons and icons make some magic happen
      that is somehow been forgotten?
      Maybe i am just missing something.
  • Popular Contributors