Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 548

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

Player created squads

Squads
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • The HC System as such is not failing, never has failed. It is a pretty convenient assumption and takes the angst out of admitting that the GAME is failing per se though claiming its the HC System for all troubles in-game. HC System failing to work properly is merely a SYMPTOM - stop picking at the SYMPTOM - the ROOT CAUSE of the HC System failing to work as it should / was intended to work is the GAME FAILING ie population. HC is a game within the game - as the overall population drops off - the first System that keeps working properly is the HC System assuming for the sake of the argument an average HC population of about, say 10% of the overall population.
      Any failings with the GAME per se thus get AMPLIFIED within the HC System - its a SYMPTOM, get it? Not the Root Cause Of All Evil ! Lets assume, for the sake of the argument - again -  100 players on Server - 50 per side - 10% HC, consider joining HC, did join HC blabla - thats 5 HC per side - say 3 of those are TZ1/2 the others TZ3 maybe and they have private lives as well. Yeah, the HC System is a symptom which, within itself then gets amplified AND turns into a circle of crap even more due to scraping the bottom of the barrel of the overall GAME POPULATION for HC and promoting some of the few HC whom would never have risen above HC peasant 5 yrs ago with all the bad flag moves and based on overall non-existant skillsets - The ROOT CAUSE is the Game failing and has been for at least 6yrs by now. All the nitpicking/fiddling with the rules for HC and game mechanics have not helped either, for overall game population in general and thus HC pop in particular. Yes - keep picking on the HC system as the root evil of all if you're too afraid to take the blinders off and admit that its the game proper failing and why shouldnt it - its 18yrs old, it shows dramatically, the sub prices are way too high for a game like this whose ONLY leg to stand on nowadays is the giant map and the, by now, srysly diluted and soon-to-be-gone strategic layer (HC/flags) - the ONLY leg! Have fun & GJ ....
    • Or let TTs deploy a « naval mobile spawn » 5km from towns: It would just be a huge permanent smoke screen over the water where Destoyers and fairmiles could spawn from. It would last X minutes.  The smoke screen would prevent/hinder any form of camping and avoid spawners to instantly get an offensive behaviour. Naval smoke screens were intensively used btw.   Similarly, an « armor mobile spawn » could work this way as well, 2 km out of towns but not beyond the frontline. Biiiig smoke screen for 5 minutes.  
    • mobile. It's called AA. You must be able to see into the future to make such a definite statement without any facts.
    • I think a simple Farmile B could sit on shore and set up a mobile spawn as part of an assault might be easy and fine. that what i would do and it could have a supply of naval troops. a force multiplier like we really use. 
    • I'm interested in how having more HC to share the present workload, is not the solution - to a lack of HC, or percieved lack of action by HC? Could you elaborate man? 

Don't get me wrong, not implying HC system is fine as it stands, it has some areas that could 100% be improved on. However a bulk of the issues I see faced at present are either due to [a] no HC online, or HC not pulling their weight, and in such an instance I believe more hands to do the work would help out immensely. (This bearing in mind that no major HC changes can be implemented this side of 1.36) 

I am actually concerned re: disappearance of HC and potential changes as it is practically impossible to get non-HC people to help do any required tasks now, if HC are gone entirely, it's likely you won't get ANYONE setting up AO's or checking CPs. I am def open to being proven wrong though! Maybe people will become responsible for their own fun...
    • KMS... i see your point. its valid fear and it would probably occur at least to some degree at minimum... you could just have a certain number of slots and use the voting system i read about, bad commanders would get booted. Or instead what about some value added incentive? giving them something more... Im not sure what that could be with CRS and its limitations, but i bet you guys could come up with something unique that doesn't strain the rats or the budget. haha you could have Xoom send them a personal letter of thanks on letter head... showing appreciation goes a long way with lots of people. we give builders monuments... maybe something similar? how about under each campaign history we could put a short BIO on each active legitimate HC? As my boss Sorella said earlier in this thread.. " because as we know, in the modern world we should all be able to do what we want, when we want, and get want we want, all the time, all by ourselves and win. for free too" Kirk, its doesnt have to be a monetary discount or any thing free. love ya Rats keeping it up.
    • Sorella  We have these same problems in the military today... and every generation, occupation and organisation has the same issues. some good leaders, some bad leaders, some so so leaders. this games problems sometimes remind me of life. maybe its too good a simulator..  I dont mind all the critiques from guys I just think they need to come with a better idea for a fix... 
  • Popular Contributors