Forums

1. COMMUNITY SUPPORT

1. COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT

Players Helping Players. Windows & Mac trouble shooting in here. Billing Support contact forum.

Tips and Tricks to make you a machine of warfare in WWII Online. This is where your gameplay questions will be answered.

New to Battleground Europe? Here's a great place to learn more. (trial or premium subscription required)

1. TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Repository for reports from pre-release testing and live game bugs.

1. 1,079

1.36 (Hybrid Supply), the return of town based supply (garrisons) on the frontline with moveable brigades. Any and all questions and discussions can be discussed here.

Squads are the backbone of the game - JOIN UP! Axis & Allied squads who are currently recruiting.

General discussion for all players of WWII Online. Includes Premium, Starters and Free Players.

Player to Player awards! Whether you're Allied or Axis, check this forum to see who has been recognized for outstanding effort!

Help us make WWII Online better with your ideas / suggestions!

WWII Online special events.

Listing of player hosted Mini-cons

Player-written stories from the virtual battlefield

Player created squads

Squads
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • For Engineers to Set. Put this between where I've set PPOs so if a truck is going the right way they'll see it before they get to the stuff I've put in the road.  Not exactly this but something like it, part of Engineer's kit?
    • Can Creator handle two different terrain tile sizes? Specifically, 800 meter tiles for low-feature-density terrain such as flatlands, water, and most towns/cities, and 50 meter tiles for high-feature-density terrain including locations with rough terrain...? One 800 meter tile would be replaced in selected locations by 256 50 meter tiles, with corresponding greater texture resolution. The existing tile-set appears to be no more than 64 different tile designs. Is this an upper limit, or can the tileset be numerically greater than this?
    • Great to see you back @gh0styS! 
    • all,  Just a quick line to say I've re-subbed after around 4 years off, look forward to seeing you all back in game.  Will take me a while to re-adjust to the game, if anyone has any tips, let me know!   
    • I understand Oldzeke's caution. The way the game engine loads in the trees you see (Speedtree, an independant 3rd party app) and is incorporated into the WWIIOL world (Unity) ... they cannot easily replace those trees with a different tree "reclassified" to mimic how Unity handles buildings in the game world. It's much more difficult than that. Not impossible but putting a man on the moon isn't impossible either. Southwest airlines aren't going to be able to do it however.
    • Yes, they may be a different model type. But it doesnt mean we can try and make a new model and label it under buildings so that they are destructible. While they will take on the appearance of trees / terrain. There classified as buildings. So when they're destroyed. Craters and destroyed trees will appear.   It would be a good trade off. You lose concealment from bushes and trees to gain cover from logs and craters.
    • The idea has merit. I agree we really need more visual destruction than just buildings and bridges.  I especially like the idea of the trees showing damage. To the best of my knowledge it's not a thing we can do currently (trees are completely different model type) but we are/have been looking at possibilities toward similar stuff. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
    2. 2
    3. 3
    4. 4
    5. 5
      Silky
      Silky
    6. 6
    7. 7
    8. 8
      DOC