Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6055 - Collider Offset (stairs, doors, windows, floors, walls)

lejack

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• OHM

• delems

• company0

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't the stairs/ladders in the white churches be climbed anymore? Used to be able to but I can no longer climb them regardless of what town I'm in. Won't work in any of them.

have been slowed and hard to control in some buildings. seems randomish.

Fell through the stairs in an AB bunker and was trapped in there once. dont remember the town. was a short sortie with an rtb within a few days from now, german army.

In Saulty last night defending Doullens cp (sadly by myself) and noticed while clearing the buildings I could not climb stairs in surrounding buildings. I could climb the stairs in the CP (which I think was clipped by an ei) but failed trying to climb other stairs.

Also noticed that south of the CP by a couple hundred meters there was a large portion of "grass" that was hovering off the ground 5/10 feet.

I have seen this on and off for a long time not just .34. Typically it flashes so fast it would be no tactical advantage, but I can almost always see AI lmgs/atgs for a sec before everything else renders.

It's actually the reverse for me' date=' the players render about 1/2 second before the rest of the world when I spawn in. So if someone from the other side is, say, hiding in a bush outside the depot I'll see them when I spawn because the bush they are in, as well as the depot I'm in, haven't rendered yet. A nice way to cut back on spawn campers I suppose, since I'll know where they are.[/quote']

I notice lots of problems with the caputre buildings too. Yesterday I wasn't able to climb the stairs of a cp in Amiens even though it worked fine several minutes earlier.

I sometimes see grenades clipping through cps (lob it from outside into the windows and they'll fall through the floor), they also bounce around a lot more.

There are also clipping issues with the CP roof. If you jump from a depot to a cp and try to look through a window I often clip through the wall.

I've noticed if I got outside a non destroyed SP and then downstairs half way, I can't go back up the stairs. Always used to be able to do that.

Also, yesterday tried going up the stairs of the 3rd story corner bldg we have, never could get up. First time I've run into the stair issue on my mac.

It is bad enough to be outnumbered and try and defend, it is worse when Allied players sit under the stairs and kill everyone while capping the CP over and over.

Corbie-Villers CP just now, Allies keep capping the CP over and over, we recap it, they just cap again, nearly everyone dies running in the CP; but, there are friendlies in the CP and no ei. I made it to the CP and searched high and low personally, the CP was empty, yet it got capped again, then shot came from under the stairs to kill me.

Worse, my AARs are broken so I couldn't even see who the cheater was.

Stairs need to be fixed immediately please.

It is bad enough to be outnumbered and try and defend, it is worse when Allied players sit under the stairs and kill everyone while capping the CP over and over.

Corbie-Villers CP just now, Allies keep capping the CP over and over, we recap it, they just cap again, nearly everyone dies running in the CP; but, there are friendlies in the CP and no ei. I made it to the CP and searched high and low personally, the CP was empty, yet it got capped again, then shot came from under the stairs to kill me.

Worse, my AARs are broken so I couldn't even see who the cheater was.

Stairs need to be fixed immediately please.

Visibility problem imo.

I was there allied side , we saied the same, we in cp and it's goin down.

YES stairs is f..ed up ,this NEED to be fixed Now. Ho and this not only on CP but ALL stairs in game.

Edited by dertod

Big problems of type the named earlier in this thread. I was in Sechlin and could not climb stairs in any direction, I could hardly get out of the depot but falling through the floors solved that problem for me eventually.

I tried to climb stairs in several buildings but had the same problem everywhere.

Heavy fighting were going on and the problem increased drasticly over time, say in half an hour until it was unplayable and I logged.

/Magnus

Has this been fixed since the Tuesday update? Anyone seeing this today?

It seems only related to netcode 2 being turned off. Since it appears to be online on the main server, no.

Oh, by the way, .hold is working, it just reports that the town is held by the enemy after a long wait period.

Edited by COMPANY0

I got it the day before yesterday; it doesn't happen very often for me, but when it does I can't seem to get up stairs and I fall through both levels of floors in a SP. No way to confirm really, but only seems to happen after I've been on for awhile and after I have started and quit a few times.

Seems the collider gets confused or something?

But my main question is, when will we be able to go over small obstacles again? We used to be able to run through the hole in the wall in a rubbled CP, I can no longer do that. But, I can run out through the hole.

Can't say on the collider. RAMP made changes and I'm fighting to get it back to usable.

On the other issue, does it seem like maybe the collider is offset? I mean do you ever run into things that aren't there? If you go to other buildings do you notice issues? Which stairs have problems? Where did you spawn in relation to them? Have you recently had a crash? Were there any server issues.

Just not enough info here to start really looking.

Tested stairs on a couple SPs, they both were fine, can go both up and down no problem. This didn't work earlier, so seems fixed.

I haven't fallen through stairs or floors in a while.

Once in a blue moon I'll be blocked from going up a stairway/berm/etc but instead of falling through like before, I only have to try again and I'll ascend/descend with no problem.

I would keep an eye out for any issues after spawning a lot in the same location/city...if anyone notices the "players shifting/clipping through walls" syndrome etc, if you have THEN trouble keeping your avatar steady on roofs and stairs when looking/turning perpendicular to the direction of incline...

Just had this happen again, started falling through SPs, multiple floors even. Also started tripping over things not there and having troubles going up and down stairs. Restarted whole computer, played a few minutes and it came back. So, it is not fixed by any means.

The only thing I did notice is all my activity was pretty much in rubbled SPs, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I've also had some new issues of late with getting stuck crawling til it finally let me shift up. It would let me start the stand up movement and then shove me back into the dirt. Very odd.

Now reporting falling through floor issues in Jodo, netcode 2 on.

I can tell you that the whole gameworld shifts a foot or two south, might be an apt way of describing it. All of the models and everything shift south, but when I go to stand there I fall right through the floor, like there's nothing beneath me.

Edited by COMPANY0