Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6055 - Collider Offset (stairs, doors, windows, floors, walls)

lejack

This happens in almost any town as long as there is a high player pop there. It has to be a player pop though, I do not believe you can replicate using clones because they are not constantly moving/updating.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• OHM

• delems

• company0

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this still an issue post 1.34.2?

I did manage to glitch into the barracks again in Oostende, where I had to run until I walked backwards out of the spawn building's wall. EAB

Yes. Saw it when we capped Dunkerque this morning, Alerburger was appearing to be inside a wall to me, while someone else shoot me VERY CLEARLY through a door when I could not see him.

"Managed to" doesn't seem to be the point of the original post. Is this still the same issue as it was or is it improved?

From what i've experienced so far, it happens to me usually when im despawning/respawning a lot in a short time which also means that there is a rather big fight going on. At some point upon respawn & trying to rush out of the AB Inf spawns ASAP, going down the stairs i get bumped up into the ceiling and get stuck there. If i continue to respawn i will eventually not be able to walk up stairs in CPs anymore, the sandbag berms on the AB walls inside, AB bunk etc. Changing Brigades/location doesn't fix that, its as if youre stuck somewhat out of synch with the map.

Sometimes it seems to fix itself, dunno yet if it has something to do with the populaton in that area rapidly dropping when the AO is changed...

Is it possible that positional updates in areas with a rather large population are not properly prioritized and or sent out? In large fights it seems that players seem to update / appear in the world and minimap after a rather longish time (3-5 secs?) upon respawning ie you run out and it takes a few secs for other players to appear around you...

I got a nice screenshot from 2 days ago N of Dunk-Gravewhatever FB where i had a fru on the beach and was also doing a lot of despawn/respawn, at some point next to the fru i had a dark "cell" or terrain like its midnight/overcast and the surrounding cells were all normal bright daylight.

Another thing:

Do the above, despawn/respawn a lot with different units (semi, AT, LMG, semi again etc) and the client rises quickly to 1,4-1,5GB from the usual 1,2 and the game becomes choppy like playing at 5fps while indicating somewhere between 25-45FPS in the upper right corner

we still have some slopes that it is intended you be able to climb (the small church ladder into the belltower for instance) but are too steep to climb

one upside to this is that the MG towers ... which you werre never supposed to climb (no ladder was ever provided) ... you cannot, but it's a poor upside really

it would be happier for all if we added a ladder to MG towers, and in addition to fixing the small church bell tower deal, allowed you to climb MG towers too

I'd be thinking at first, this might be related to low FPS and the a greater ability to miss a collider update. I have been playing in the most densely packed places I can over the last several days, and cannot replicate the issue but I am getting 40+ FPS at the bottom end.

There might be some relationship to "clipping" where you are getting through or between colliders, but that is easily avoided as far as I can tell, although at the same time possible to actually do, which it would be nice if you couldn't get "caught" like that but in all honesty I don't know what chance we have of stopping that kind of thing entirely, as ideal as it might be to want it.

• Registered Users

Last night I was getting caught in ruble. I did a dot report and a GM moved me out. In the same town some stairs were not letting me go up them in buildings that we normally can climb. My FRPs were around 35 to 45. I have also seen inf floating in the air just out side of the building.

• Registered Users

This is still a problem. In Champlain last night. Buildings that we normally ca climb stairs are now a problem.

I was just in champlon a few minutes ago. Couild climb all stairs and rubble/slopes without falling through any of them. Need more detail how/what you are doing to replicate this isue, including system information and framerates you are getting, etc..

We don't want to ignore an issue but we need how you are doing it to give it any real attention.

• Registered Users

I was only able to up 2 flights stairs in the church also. Around 10 pm est. everyone was booted from the host. Maybe that reset something ?

I will try and again tonight when get home.

Still having trouble with stairs, both not being able to go up them and falling through them. The large church, and 3 story white and 3 story brick buildings are major offenders (although not the only ones). Usually it starts out fine but at some point I'm blocked from going farther up, in fact I can sometimes go down the stairs and then try to go back up them and then blocked. Happens in most towns with a large fight. Not fixed with latest patch

Haven't had it happen with brit yet but American semi-auto, BAR, anti-tank have all done it. I haven't figured out a way to reliably replicate, it happens at random (but after happening takes client or server restart to correct). The soft server reset the other day (where people were booted to the lobby but not completely out) DID correct it for me until I began a new session the following day.

Frame rates are normally fine (20+)

PC-Win7

2.9ghz AMD Phenom II X6

8GB RAM

Cable internet

Radeon HD 6850 1GB

Gophur as others have said this is happening most during busy fights.

I am also unable to replicate it 100% but i would say FPS may be an issue but also speed of movement seems to make it happen as well.

For example, try sprinting into a cp and straight up the stairs and i often get stuck, go back down and jog up and i won't get stuck. I have also found myself clipping into walls very easily while sprinting around rooms, simply by colliding with them.

Win7 64

2500k @4ghz

8g ram

8800GT

Also, just logged in to try and test this some more, there was 1 AO which was being fiercly defended....fine, but that meant there were no FRUs up within 1.5km of town and 0 chance of a hot infantry battle......

Any chance we can have 1 town forced into contested status so we can actually do some testing, long range tank battles have been tested enough methinks :)

Youre talking about Bastogne and i was there defending and yes, doing a lot of respawns in a short time in a busy town kinda triggers it....

After an hour or so of defending bast and respawning in AB inf spawn i was not able to walk down the stairs of said inf spawn, i got stuck right at the top. Also the rubble of the destroyed buildings is causing extreme frame rate drop, FYI...

Mine drops from 40ish down to 10 when standing in the middle of said buildings, others have reported to drop from 70 down to 5ish.

As said before as well, busy town, lot of respawns and players updating takes a "long" time (3-5 secs). Host not sending out player position updates fast enough or client not processing them fast enough, whatever...serveral times that i ran out of inf spawn towards a capped CP and all of a sudden 2-3 guys appear right in front of me (5-10m) also running there basically spawning in midair...