Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6055 - Collider Offset (stairs, doors, windows, floors, walls)

lejack

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• OHM

• delems

• company0

Top Posters In This Topic

Visibly shift south?

Depends on your definition. If I was going to get technical, I would say every single last model in the game world or the game world itself shifts south a foot or two. Visibly. The wall is south. Everything shifts but the collider.

Essentially my game world becomes out of sync with the game world everyone else sees, as I watch everyone else clip into walls pretty much.

Lets see if I can create a quick little model. Pardon me if I don't directly go to paint, but I feel like text drawing.

Heres the actual AB Inf Spawn, 2nd floor.

.________________

|..........................|

|_________.....|.....|

|...Y./..\.........|....Z|

|...................|....Z|

|_______........|....Z|

_____________|....Z|

|.....////................|

|..........................|

|.....\\\\................|

\../ is indicating the larger ramp, the crossed / \'s the small ramp.

What I observe when I stand next to the large ramp is people walking down it clipped into the right railing, at Y. If I go stand at Y and walk towards the wall, I will start sinking into the floor, JUST like i'm going down the ramp.

If I go walk to Z, I will fall onto the 1st floor, it seems that game senses I'm levitating outside the barracks and drops me.

Meanwhile if I try to stand atop the ramp, it seems to think that I'm standing on a flat platform. All of the walls are in their proper places. The ground just doesn't seem to be below some of them.

Pardon me if I don't directly go to paint, but I feel like text drawing.

While running up into the bunker, theres the central staircase that leads to the 2nd floor. I have had it, at times, shift like there is no flat area at the bottom and instead I'm on a staircase. Theres a good way to describe it!

Anything in the Y plane seems to stay where it should be, collider wise. Walls match up with walls etc.

Only on the X plane do things seem to shift and shift all over the place. Anything that bridges the planes (X and Y shift) has no affect on its Y collider, but its X will shift.

My frame rate hovered around 20-40 the entire time.

Edited by COMPANY0
Diagram Editting

Just happened again; started stumbling around in the SP, then fell through the SP 1st floor to ground. I was very West and North corner, first floor when I fell through. This time though, the SP was not destroyed, so that has nothing to do with it. Happens in both destroyed and non destroyed SPs.

I went outside and promptly fell through the CP stairs and got clipped underneath. Nice view there, can kill everything in CP and no one can see you, explains a bit.

I thought about it some more. It is actually the Y plane that is shifting in a different direction, along with the gameworld (Any model), while the X plane remains the same (Not synced with the model). So essentially the vertical world shifts while the horizontal world stays anchored down.

How was my barracks artwork? :P

Any luck on figuring this one out? I'm rather curious as to whats causing it myself after all this time.

Edited by COMPANY0

Update : Now encountering it selectively in Eghezee. The Eghezee-Namur CP seems to have shifted north for me. Also other collider issues occurring in-town.

While I'm at it, system specs

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz

4GB of Corsair Dominator RAM

EVGA GTX 280

• 4 weeks later...

Offset bug now occurring in Beauraing, started with Sortie 1015780 spawning a rifleman from Beauraing-Fescheaux CP on the 2nd floor, began noticing that I was falling through objects and unable to climb stairs.

Edit: Now occurring in St. Truiden. No falling but plenty of clipping. Was able to start capping a CP from outside the wall.

Edited by COMPANY0

St. Truiden again, this time it occurred (And triggered) As I was running up the destroyed churchtower stairs on the north side.

Edited by COMPANY0

Thanks for keeping this updated c0. I appreciate it. I can't seem to get any traction on it but I want to know when it is observed.

By the way, you guys are aware it is possible to climb the small churchtower staircase right? I do it all the time.

Not entirely on-topic but collider related. Sorry. Saw DOC post this earlier in the thread that it wasn't possible.

Edited by COMPANY0

Observed in LeChesne sortie number 1492272.

Thought. Is it possible that the models mess up when your jumping from building to building?

Also reporting issues with getting up after crawling while this bug is occurring.

Edited by COMPANY0

Observed in Sechault, starting with Sortie 1505184 if the sortie numbers are useful.

Lots of server instability going on.

The bug that you cannot use 1 of the stairs in AB barracks, use it and you will get stuck and need to sprint to sides and back to get unstuck and sprint to other side and use other stair is one of the worst in this game I think. Only time you spawn in those buggy barracks is when Bunker is 911 and needs to be recapped fast and u get stucked is really annoying on a few occasions the bunker was capped 5-10 s just before I reached the bunker and I hate that I could have saved my axis held town.

The bug that you cannot use 1 of the stairs in AB barracks' date=' use it and you will get stuck and need to sprint to sides and back to get unstuck and sprint to other side and use other stair is one of the worst in this game I think. Only time you spawn in those buggy barracks is when Bunker is 911 and needs to be recapped fast and u get stucked is really annoying on a few occasions the bunker was capped 5-10 s just before I reached the bunker and I hate that I could have saved my axis held town.[/quote']

Are you saying you can repeat this bug at will? Give me a screen shot next time and I'll come there.

Occurring very badly in Longwy. Also causing issues when trying to run up berms.

I am CERTAIN now GOPHUR that this is caused by jumping out of buildings in decent-population areas. The jumping causes you to miss a collider update and thus everything wall-wise gets offset while visually everything is maintained.

Only way I can think to replicate is constantly throw yourself off the top of a depot in a high-population area (Damaged state seems to help). Walk up to the very tip top roof, then jump off either towards where vehicles leave or where you could jump out if it was destroyed. Rinse, repeat and it should eventually trigger.

Spent a couple hours dropping off roofs and trying to climb stairs. Haven't triggered it yet. Will keep trying.

Spent a couple hours dropping off roofs and trying to climb stairs. Haven't triggered it yet. Will keep trying.

How is the population where your doing it? I don't think you'll be able to trigger it on the Beta server using clones.

Biggest fight on the server. Spawn in depot, fall off roof, run over to capture building, climb stairs, fall out top floor, climb up stairs.... die, repeat.

Biggest fight on the server. Spawn in depot' date=' fall off roof, run over to capture building, climb stairs, fall out top floor, climb up stairs.... die, repeat.[/quote']

When you fall, try moving from direction to direction. You can actually drift slightly while falling. And then you won't always run into stair issues. Only if the stairs are in the same direction as you fell. AKA if you jump off a CP in an east direction, the collider will shift that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Its baaaaaack. Now occurring in Ieper. Are the mission ID's of any use to you?

Edit: Just noticed something odd. When I despawn while offset like this, the despawn camera shows a non-affected offset. AKA while viewing myself through the camera I am no longer offset but in the correct position the colliders seem to think I am in.

Was standing next to one of the AB sandbags when I despawned, my body on the despawn camera was clipped into the sandbags while when I was in 1st person perspective, I was not.

Edited by COMPANY0