Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6055 - Collider Offset (stairs, doors, windows, floors, walls)

lejack

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• OHM

• delems

• company0

Top Posters In This Topic

I still get this falling through bldg floors and unable to climb stairs, but not very often now. It seems better than it used to be.

I still get this falling through bldg floors and unable to climb stairs' date=' but not very often now. It seems better than it used to be.[/quote']

Im beginning to wonder if its the issue DOC mentioned wayyy earlier, that low FPS is causing an issue. I do on the rare situation have my FPS drop to 1 for a second then spike back up. Could it be I'm spawning in with 1 FPS but trying to move so it messes up? Gahhhh.

Im beginning to wonder if its the issue DOC mentioned wayyy earlier' date=' that low FPS is causing an issue. I do on the rare situation have my FPS drop to 1 for a second then spike back up. Could it be I'm spawning in with 1 FPS but trying to move so it messes up? Gahhhh.[/quote']

I had this happen to me before a PC upgrade, so it's plausible.

Also tended to occur in early versions of RA before my FPS shot up considerably.

I had this happen only when spawing on cp buildings when going to the roof with the spawnable destroyed It only trigger to me when going prone I would begin to fall through the building, If I stand I would stop the progress of falling through.

It happen to me a couple of times.

Had this happen in Hazebrouck just a bit ago. After being in game awhile, spawned in in AB, went to leave inf spawn, fell thru floor, then couldnt climb stairs. Respawned got out of inf spawn, went to nearby building started up stairs, fell thru, trapped. Restarted game, issue fixed. Is first time it has happened to me for awhile. Not sure what my FPS was as was trying to help with defense and not watching that. Would be nice to get this fixed.

Can't replicate on demand; sometimes from rubbled SPs and sometimes from standing SPs, my nades just bounce back when I try and throw them through the window.

Just tried a test from a rubbled and standing SP and both worked fine, in general it works, but now and then the windows become impenetrable and I my nades (smoke or HE) bounce off and remain in bldg.

Is this only on CPs?

I often play the game and I throw alot of nades through CP windows and have never seen what you just said happen. ( I have used both German and Allied grenades)

I have seen them glue to windows borders and roofs too and stay there until explosion.

Grenades are suppose to bounce from objects and the German grenades if I'm not wrong are fully model to collide including the wooden stick.

Maybe you throw them the wrong way and make part of the nade hit a window?

Edited by fxmmauser

Ok, seems correct; just now I was falling through all the floors of buildings and having a hard time going up stairs. Tried to throw nade out rubble SP and sure enough it bounced back. So, it does seem the falling through floors/unable to climb stairs and bouncing back off windows are all related.

The collider is offset. Try chucking your nade to the right or the left of the window and laugh maniacally as it warps through the wall.

It isn't low FPS. I can now confirm that I'm keeping a steady 27 FPS when this starts to occur. I also note that whenever I'm offset, when I spawn in I have no User Interface (Chat box, ammo, map, etc) til I move in a direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Killed twice today this way : cant see the ei, either he s invisible or he shoots from under/side of the stairs in ab and kills defender.

painfull.

we were defending ab from top of the stairs, i did .report too.

needs fix asap plz.

same problem in cps, i am getting killed 50% of the time by clippers.

I see more people clipping inside walls then sniping.

Both sides.

Looks like i am the only 1 not clipping. isn't getting less lately.

Here is one screenshot of a player sticking through the wall. He thought he was looking out the window. He had no idea half his body was visible outside the CP. If he had got shot, he would have had no idea why. I am seeing this all the time. Half don't realize they are sticking through the wall.

SShot509.jpg

Merged the grenades issue.

• can't climb stairs
  • fall through floors
  • walk through walls
  • grenades bounce off window holes

I'm still not able to replicate this effectively though I have seen it. Need to find out how to show this to a coder.

Merged the grenades issue.
  • can't climb stairs

• fall through floors

• walk through walls

• grenades bounce off window holes

I'm still not able to replicate this effectively though I have seen it. Need to find out how to show this to a coder.

Whats happening with the grenades is, the same collider issue. Where you see the holes, are not the holes. In fact, the visual image (holes) don't line up with the collider. AKA, you can chuck a grenade straight through the wall. Was funny watching Delems do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a nightmare in Beauring. Stuck in depots flling through floors etc.

Only upside was an ei came into the room I was in, started unloading on me with his mg34 and I promptly fell through the floor and survived . . .

God alone knows what that looked like to him.

Edit:

Should add, think I was ok at first, switched regiments then it started./

Edited by kireh

• 4 weeks later...
What's the current status of this issue?

No change afaik.

Last had it 2 days ago, like a switch got flicked, suddenly everything went funky...players offset, falling through floors etc.

It seems to take repeated fast respawning to trigger it.