Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

v1.30 OPEN BETA: Map Renders White (slow UI map updates)

xanthus

okay. I tried 1.30 open beta and I am still getting this. Only fix is to set ww2se.exe to high priority.

P4 3.6ghz (hyperthreading off)

2gb ram

nvidia geoforce 6800 GTO 256mb RAM (driver version 6.14.11.8250, April 2nd 2009).

Win XP home SP3

Ok so I got a P4. I can maybe test against that. Why is hyperthreading off?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DOC

• GOPHUR

• ltrain

• xanthus

Top Posters In This Topic

Gophur for some reason if I have hyperthreading on it kills my fps. Once I turned it off I saw a big increase in my fps.

And when I had hyperthreading on I would still get the White rendering of the map. The only fix is setting ww2ol to high priority but I dont know the long term effects of that on my PC.

Lt, what is your processor?

Have you gotten the latest bios and drivers?

I know...BUT

It is obviously at this point a threading issue with the js engine for the ui.

It's a intel p4 3.6ghz the chipset or board is a 925x. I just updated the inf files for that. but im not sure how to update the bios. I have the A08 version. How do you flash the bios?

Does the white map eventually fill in?

Sorry 7 pages of sprawling reporting to read.

Gophur, the white squares are gone. The problem for me is the textures on the map are blurry and do not load fully. Is it ok to post a screenshot to show you?

On my fresh XP 32 install (running dual boot with Vista 64) I'm getting the blurry map and / or white squares. Sometimes it's just the white map/squares and sometimes it's just a blurry map. It will usually eventually load up the map properly, but seems to go back and forth if I pan around, it'll go back to white / blurry. I don't have the problem in Vista Home 64.

EVGA 780i FTW mobo

Q9550 @ 3.83 ghz

4GB OCZ Platinum ram @ 900 mhz 6-6-6-18, 2t

EVGA GTX 280 SSC

XP Home Basic 32 bit

Besides the map issue, the game runs substantially better in XP. Lowest FPS in Vista is ~25 in the largest of fights, the lowest in XP so far has been 50ish.

• 4 weeks later...

No need for SS but you can post if you want to. So odd. There are always some white squares when panning but mine load in less than a second.

• 7 months later...

These issues are reported fixed in 1.31. If the issue persists in Open Testing for 1.31 we'll start a new thread.