Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Mouse Stuck (Vista, Windows 7)

stathis

Hello. I finally managed to get 1.3 to start, but when it loads and i get to the first screen where you have to press ok my mouse is stuck at the center of the screen. I have downloaded the latest drivers for my mouse, a logitech G5, latest graphic drivers, i even changed the compatibility mode at the shortcut on desktop to everything there is, but the mouse is still stuck.

Note that i am using windows 7, but another member of our squad who uses them doesn't have this problem. I have downloaded the full install for 1.3. Any suggestions?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bloo

• lockdown

• GOPHUR

• geeezer

I had the same problem! So what i did was check if i needed to update my drivers on my graphics card. Which i found out it did! So i updated it and now when i try to load up the game and the playgate comes up its all bulky like it is on a low screen resolution

I get the same problem, I'm using Windows Vista 32 though. It won't be a problem with my computer as I was on B.E earlier and it was working fine, so it will be something to do with the new patch - we might just have to wait it out, unless you have other suggestions?

EDIT: FIXED - I uninstalled the game, and then uninstalled it from the directories and the Registry Keys. I then re-installed the full install from the official website and it now works.

I used the BE Wiki to find out how to do this:

"Manual Directory Removal

Battleground Europe (the game) and PlayGate (the connection program) live in two different places. For extra-thorough removal, manually delete the following folders:

Vista

• C:\Users\\Documents\Battleground Europe
  • C:\Users\\Documents\Playgate

Note: you will lose any custom keymaps when you do this. To avoid that, save your C:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe\Data folder elsewhere.

Registry Keys (PC)Remove the registry keys for a thorough uninstallation of the game. To delete the registry keys, open your Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> type "regedit" -> press Enter). Navigate to the following Playnet keys and delete them.

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    • SOFTWARE
      • PLAYNET
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    • SOFTWARE
      • PLAYNET"

Ok, mouse now unstuck. I did a system restore, downloaded the patch installer, installed it, and then i put the combatibility mode to win vista sp2. It runs fine now. But now, it says i am in basic training 5 out of 6, and when i hit start training, nothing happens.

After the patch when i log in my mouse will not work, i tired alt tab i tried relog but every time it logs in goes to the first welcome screen than thats it cant gt past that nothing works

any ideas

post specs please. Ati? if it is an ati card turn off Anti Aliasing, or roll drivers back to the 8.10/8.11 series

As I posted in a previous thread, I had this problem, but after uninstalling Playgate and Battleground Europe, then deleting them both in the document, and THEN deleting their registry keys, I was able to reinstall the Full Install from the website and the error was gone.

There are directions on how to do this on the Battleground Europe Wiki: http://wiki.wwiionline.com/index.php/Uninstall#Registry_Keys_.28PC.29

I have the same problem, the first time i installed and played 1.30 all was going fine then the second time the mouse was stuck, I have to reinstall the game every time i want to play, it goes the same way, the first time all goes fine but when I close the game and want to play again the mouse doesnt move, i already tried removing the registry keys after uninstalling, im using vista 32 with the full installation from the official website, any1 with the same problem?

EDIT: Now i just cant play, not even reinstalling the game, the mouse doesnt move

I have the same problem, the first time i installed and played 1.30 all was going fine then the second time the mouse was stuck, I have to reinstall the game every time i want to play, it goes the same way, the first time all goes fine but when I close the game and want to play again the mouse doesnt move, i already tried removing the registry keys after uninstalling, im using vista 32 with the full installation from the official website, any1 with the same problem?

EDIT: Now i just cant play, not even reinstalling the game, the mouse doesnt move

http://wiki.wwiionline.com/index.php/Vista#Mouse_Stuck_at_the_Center_of_the_Screen

Mouse Stuck at the Center of the Screen

This is caused by running the game executable in Compatibility mode.

Please open up your \Battleground Europe\ folder, then select each of the files below in turn, right click to bring up the Properties, go to the compatibility tab and Uncheck the box that says "Run in Compatibility Mode."

* C:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe\ww2.exe

* C:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe\ww2_x86.exe

* C:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe\ww2_SSE2.exe

* C:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe\Playgate.exe

That should resolve the issue.

For Windows 7, which is not officially supported, check the box that says "Run in Compatibility Mode" or something similar and set to run as Vista compatibility.

Moving to Game Bug Reports forum.

All my compatibility mode boxes were UNchecked and the pointer is still stuck.

I also tried deleting all the registry files as you said too.

didn't work for me either. They were all unchecked. Mouse still stuck.Have vista. Didn't see a mode for vista. Should there be?

vista 32bit home

Logitech G5 mouse

Asus P5Q deluxe mobo

4 gigs DDR2

Dual core 3.5 GHZ Pentium

ATI 4850

*ALL DRIVERS AND BIOS UP TO DATE (except for ati drivers at 9.4)

tried it all, and nothing. tried to unistall through add/remove and it couldn't remove the game. So i deleted out of the program files folder and reinstalled. Works!!!!

i logged out to tell you all what worked for me, and now its doing it again when i tried to log back in.:(

The only way that i can make the mouse work is by using compatibilty in win vista mode. I am running win 7. Normally before the patch and as the game was loading mouse pointer dissapeared and reappeared at the point where the screen with the "ok" button would come up. It worked fine then. Now it doesnt. And while i run it in compatibility mode, the mouse pointer is always on and can be moved even during the loading bar. The thing is that even though it works, i click on the ok buttom, then go to the persona select and click on "start training" to complete the final level of tutorial but nothing happens. The click sound is heard from the game, but it wont load the next screen.

I dont know if it has to do with the fact that the mouse pointer is always on during the loading screen, while before patch it wasn't as i recall.

I had the same problem. Fresh install of 1.30. I am running windows 7 and am using a logitech g9 mouse. I did what Bloo said, and turned all of those files to run in compatibility mode for vista service pack2. Works fine now. Thanks Bloo.

My mouse sticks at the load up of vehicles on the main screen, cannot use the mouse when the main menu appears. I have the same issue each has described above. and the fixes do not work. You really screwed the pooch Bloo, ur update causes problems then I care to discuss. But you can not enter the game every time, reboot, remove old software, use the method for registry clean, even installed the 1.29 game check the compatability and then 1.30 just to get the playgate to remove itself....nothing works and I sent a ticket without a response from your team. Now I have two ww2ol on my remove software list wtf.. this is getting old after two days......

My mouse sticks at the load up of vehicles on the main screen' date=' cannot use the mouse when the main menu appears. I have the same issue each has described above. and the fixes do not work. You really screwed the pooch Bloo, ur update causes problems then I care to discuss. But you can not enter the game every time, reboot, remove old software, use the method for registry clean, even installed the 1.29 game check the compatability and then 1.30 just to get the playgate to remove itself....nothing works and I sent a ticket without a response from your team. Now I have two ww2ol on my remove software list wtf.. this is getting old after two days......[/quote']

Different issue. See lockup at initializing vehicles thread. Likely an AMD related issue.

Bloo,

Let's close and delete this thread and start a new one with the resolution in the top post.

I think the resolution is for Vista to set to WinXP compatibility and for Win7 to set to Vista compatibility?

Is that correct?