Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Mouse Stuck (Vista, Windows 7)

stathis

Didn't work for me icon9.gif

bah!

I was really hoping that i was on to something there. Though I am glad mine is fixed, I'm sorry that others aren't able to get in yet. :(

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bloo

• lockdown

• GOPHUR

• geeezer

Something happened between noon eastern US and 2:00 pm Eastern US.

I removed and reinstalled 3 times and it has been OK since for 4-5 restarts. :-)

I did not change any settings and actually did not remove the CFML files. Gun inching with arrow keys still fails to work, though.

In game I have awfull lag, low FPS [with same visual settings I went from 30{heavy close fihghting}/ 80{low density fight} to 10/22.] and the hyperspeed mouse issue. I assume CRS is working on those.

if not resolved in a week, I will be forced to unsub until this is fixed. I can't pay for another month of a game I can not play.

Which sucks for me cause my daughter and I love this game.

Windows Vista 64

I removed everything, even the folders and registry.

Comp. mode set to Windows XP

Nothing worked.

Set comp. mode to windows 98/me.

Works.

Perhaps it is a combination of multiple problems?

Ironic I get it fixed when my sub runs out today. However, I can't afford to resub this month due to financial reasons.

I will always return to the awesomeness of battleground europe.

Interesting. Win 98 compatibility or no compatibilty works for me, too - but XP compatibility = no mouse (Vista 32).

Not sure if related but a similar problem for me is that my mouse sticks, freezes, stutters in the menus and the in game map. The game itself works fine and sometimes the problem is worse than other times.

As a mission leader trying to accept a mark, sometimes the mark will stop blinking by the time I'm able to control the mouse long enough to accept the mark. In the regular menus, it does the same thing.

I also get audio stuttering at the same time. It freezes for a few seconds, unfreezes for a split second, freezes for a few seconds, over and over. I'm thinking it might be more of an audio related problem then a mouse problem but just kind of guessing at that. I tried changing sound card settings in game from my card to primary and it made no difference. Did a complete (per wiki) uninstall and reinstall of the game as well to no avail.

Running Vista64 and never saw this problem until the new patch. I had upgraded to SP2 and un installed that in case it may have been contributing but it did the same thing.

any clue?

Ok I have solved it. I had forgotten to go to the wwii.exe file and set that one too as Vista compatibility. Now it works. Thanks for the tip!

worked for me !

win7 32bit

• Registered Users

Hummm, had no probs with vista 32 but just set the game up on win7 32bit.

Needs latest vid driver (nvidia cards) Game would not load on stock win7 nvidia vid driver but works on the 1.85.85 driver. I'm running 1.80.70 driver on the vista drive as later ones did not work with my mobo but the 185.85 xp driver works on the xp drive so will update the vista 1st chance.

The stuck mouse I only got in win7, setting exes to vista compatability fixed it.

Got the "can't click launch button" thingy on the win7 install. Setting/checking "disable visual themes" in the compatability settings fixed that (turns areoglass off when you start wwiiol).

If vista users are haveing the can't click launch then try the "disable visual themes" thing.

I added a ticket for the Win7 compatibility issue. We'll get that fixed up before Win7 goes live.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same issue with the mouse on win7, setting compatibility to vista sp2 fixed that.

Then i had the next problem, selecting a brigade freezes the game and i have to ctrl-alt-del my way out, alt-tab won't even work.

Seems like the latest patch has done a number on quite a few of us, I'm having the same problem, mouse stuck on welcome screen. I'm running Vista 64 with all latest drivers. Checked and unchecked compatibility to see if it makes any difference, and it does not.

I have the same problem, I went to uninstall from programs and features, (I have vista home premium) and the battleground Icon just disapeared when I selected, uninstal, but with no uninstall process, simply vanished. So i reinstalled from the client download and started the game, it worked fine on the first try. I then came back later and started the game up and the problem returned.

Just thought I would add this info, sorry if it's not clear.

For reference:

GFX: ATI 4870 (Catayst 9.6)

Mouse: Logitech G9 (Setpoint 5.1)

First and only WWIIOL client install on this OS.

Mouse was stuck in middle of screen on game start.

Compatibility mode for all four relevant client executables (BLOO's post) were set to Vista (Service Pack 2). The issue now seems to be fixed but I'll repost if the problem rears its head again.

As per my other post, I have Windows 7 64 bit build 7100 and I can't even launch the game. Playgate works OK but the game launch drops back to desktop. I have done several fresh installs and tried the 4 relevant files in a number of compatibility modes, all without success.

• Registered Users
As per my other post' date=' I have Windows 7 64 bit build 7100 and I can't even launch the game. Playgate works OK but the game launch drops back to desktop. I have done several fresh installs and tried the 4 relevant files in a number of compatibility modes, all without success.[/quote']

You useing the win 7 installed vid drivers or the latest vid driver for win7?

I'm running build 7137 32 bit and saw the same thing with the win 7 installed nvidia vid driver. Updated the driver to 185.85 version and the game loaded and been playing on win7 since.

You useing the win 7 installed vid drivers or the latest vid driver for win7?

I'm running build 7137 32 bit and saw the same thing with the win 7 installed nvidia vid driver. Updated the driver to 185.85 version and the game loaded and been playing on win7 since.

After a lot of fresh installs (of W7, both 64 and 32 bit, and WWIIOL) I suspect you may be close to answering the problem. I am running on an ATI X1650 - an older card, but still with decent performance. However, ATI have now classified this as legacy with no further support. W7 reports the card drivers (8.56) as OK and loads them as default. However, there are two later driver sets for the card - 9.3 and 9.6 - which in theory should install, but under W7 crash with an error.

If you pick the bones out of all that, the answer is buy a new card. Which at the moment I am not prepared to do, so it means go back to XP or take a break from WWIIOL. And since everything else runs OK on W7, I guess I'll see you all later.

Was having the same problem with 1.30 patch. Mouse stuck on welcome screen. Sometimes I noticed that if I restarted my computer, it would work and sometimes not. The last time I tried to reboot, my computer froze on "windows shutting down". I let it sit for an hour, then manually shut off. Now when I start my computer, it won't load past the black Microsoft screen. Can't even run it from a disk. I can hear my hard drive whining, but nobody home. Obviously it may not be related, but since that patch was the only change made on my computer and BE is the ONLY game on my 6 month old computer....seems kinda weird. Will keep checking back to see if resolved, but now I have to figure out how to get computer up and running again.

AMD 6000+ Dual Core

MSI MB

Windows Vista 64

Nvidia 9800GT 1GB

Microsoft Mouse

• 2 weeks later...

Back from vacation and I have the same problem.

Mouse stuck in the middle of screen.

Vista 64-bit.

Logitech G5 mouse.

Any sollutions yet? (and by sollutions I dont mean reformating the HD and such).

Edit: Running the game in Admin mode helped!

Edited by toranz

Windows 7 64-bit.

Microsoft sidewinder mouse.

Solution: Run in Vista SP2 compatibility mode (NO need, at all, to execute it as administrator).

Edited by cid250

• 3 weeks later...

Aug 11 install win 7

ati 3870 v9.3 drivers

downloadded and installed Version 1.30.2.255

wouldnt run with 2 gig ram

added 2 gig more ,ran but with same mouse freeze

took advise in pg.1 this thread

checked box for compatability mode "vista"

with .exe files and tested

runs sweet in online game, no freezes:)

• 1 month later...

Just built a new PC (Phenom II 965, Asus Mobo, 4 GB Muskin, ATI 4870 1GB Vid card, etc) and put the Win7 release candidate on there.

Installed the game... went to run it, crashes in some client messaging cpp file.

Did the compatibility to Vista Service Pack 2, game now starts up and runs...

But it hitches randomly for a second or two, everything freezes, fairly frequently. Drove me insane, so I went back to playing on my WinXP AMD 3800 X2 geforce 7800 GT machine which runs fine.

I installed Champions Online which was the first game ever to cripple my old machine (which is why I built my new one), and it runs flawlessly in the highest rez/texture modes (but I turn AA off because I hate it).

So, anyone have a cure for hitching/freezing problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 7 64-bit.

Logitech MX510 <<-- Edit

Solution: Run in Vista SP2 compatibility mode (NO need, at all, to execute it as administrator).

Uhhhh Yeahh! Its working now for me too! Thx for the help! :-)

Regards,

XHess

• 1 month later...

When I first played it on windows 7 (this was when w7 first came out) it ran in compatability mode once. Never did it work again after that, even when I reinstalled it.

Now it's a few months later, I try it again in compatability mode. By some miracle it works, but hello; only once again.

Nothing at all is working for me. I really hope 1.31 has w7 support, if not before that comes out. I've lost the patience to boot into xp whenever I feel like playing.

Huge breakthrough!!

Whenever my joystick is plugged in, when I start the game it will just give me a black screen. I tried unplugging it, and bam - the game works again.

I can't fly anymore, which I'm not too happy about, but maybe this bit of information can help fix up the compatability and let me fly again.