Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Smartheap Error

mozirry

Looking at screenie.. yep, those are the numbers wich i have written down, sorry cant make it differently.

(meanwhile i have been experimenting myself.. and yesterday i was able to be online for 30 mins without a scratch... what i did was uncheck he run SSE2 Executable, and i disabled the no frame run ahead and the vertical syncing. Also the post render thingie.. wich now i dont have any glow .. thnx for that tip :D)

Well color me confused :-) I've asked the other coders what is different in the sse2 binary. If those numbers you gave (at least the ending virtual size one) then there are multiple problems.

I wonder if anyone gets the smartheap error with the non-sse2 binary?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• AHWULF

• mozirry

• leanderj

The Smartheap Library errors on ATI cards are caused by the drivers. 9.8 did the same for me,9.7 worked fine and 9.9 seems to be fine also.

The Smartheap Library errors on ATI cards are caused by the drivers. 9.8 did the same for me' date='9.7 worked fine and 9.9 seems to be fine also.[/quote']

installing 9.9 right now. hope u r right cause im pretty much sick of that error.

bb

rolled back to 9.8 but it is even worse. CTD and smart heap error every couple minutes.

im now rolling back to 9.7 so i hopefully have the smart heap error only every hour or two hours as usual then.

bb

Bizarre but understandable. Each driver probably affects the memory differently. If there is a random component to the problem then it would be affected by any change to the memory usage, and different people would get different results.

I can get the error on my bootcamped Mac under XP (GT120) only by massively fragmenting the memory over a big battle town. Yet others like BB get it right away. The fragmented memory issue is easy to fix in 1.31. The random component is so hard to catch since it never happens to me or anyone at CRS.

rgrt m8. I now have rolled back to 9.7, which i had running before i went for 9.9.

I wanted to give ya some input also with data from the process explorer but unfortunately i didnt have a smart heap error yet hehe (even tho i was online for couple hours).

I will get back to u when im experiencing the smart heap error again.

Systems specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

2x 2 GB DDR3 - 1600 eXceleram

ASUS Rampage Extreme Socket 775 x48

Gainward Radeon HD 4870x2

PSU Tagan PipeRock 1300W

Vista 64bit Ultimate SP2

bb

Well color me confused :-) I've asked the other coders what is different in the sse2 binary. If those numbers you gave (at least the ending virtual size one) then there are multiple problems.

I wonder if anyone gets the smartheap error with the non-sse2 binary?

yeah thats 2 of us... what does that sse2 do exactly ?

sse2 version does some of the calculations for the game using SSE2 vector hardware on the CPU, providing a small performance boost. There are actually sse3 and sse4 (more hardware basically) on modern cpus as well. If you run the non-sse2 version and still get sufficient fps for your taste it doesn't matter which version you run. You might try running the non-sse2 version and see if you still get smartheap errors.

I now CTD every 13 minutes with 9.9

2 sorties, twice ctd after 13 mins (according CSR)

bb

BUMP

same problem,

updated drivers from 9.6 to 9.9

CTD/outofmemory every 15mins ...

yeah rolling back to 9.7 did it for me. I'm now back to the usual Smart heap errors every couple hours.

Usually I get em when i'm despawning. But lately i got em while i was DD'ing. It happened either when i wanted to type something into the chat or when i tried to change the range for my front mains.

Additional I'm still getting CTD's every now and then but not as bad as earlier with 9.8 or 9.9.

I'm hoping for 1.31 or a new driver release by AMD/ATI.

bb

EDIT:

@ahwulf: Didnt run Process Explorer lately but will run it with WWIIOL during the weekend to give ya feedback.

Last time I had a close look and were basically waiting for the smart heap error. It was scratching at the 2GB mark but never reached it. No smart heap error there. Hopefully more input on the weekend.

Edited by Bierbaer

• 1 month later...

i am the latest victim of the smartheap error. have went back to 9.7 driver and it has helped but i just crashed to desktopafter about an hour. huge improvment over the 9.9 driver game time which was about 5 minutes before blue screen of death smartheap error or desktop crash.

q6600 running at 3.83 GHz

8 gig ram 1066

4850's xfired at 700 core clock 1050 mem clock

asus p5q pro mb

antec 1000 watt power supply

some might say i am unstable at overclocks or heat is issue. not the case cpu never breaks 40 c and cards stay under 60 c. only rarely and i mean like once every couple of weeks do i blue screen. puter running games for over 12 hours today and surfing net minus the restart for driver switch and my 2 crashes in wwii online. had hoped for a patch for release of windows 7 but crs is saving there wad for 1.31. guess this is as fixed as it gets till they drop the new patch.

When I exited the game I noticed windows xp telling me I was out of virtual memory.

This happens to me too.

Say i've been playing for two hours, and near the end is a very concentrated town battle, with tons of friendlies and enemies. I am lagging a bunch, but that's normal. Lately i have been getting freezing problems, where it's not that i lag, it's that my computer screen will momentarily freeze. Sometimes when this happens after a big battle like that, the light on the floppy disk (dunno why) blinks and it makes a sound like it's reading a floppy.

After one or two more spawns/despawns, eventually it will take a very long time to spawn in (3-5 minutes) and before it does the smartheap box pops up. Then i click "ignore" (i think that's what it is) and i spawn in. A couple occurrences, this happened every time i spawned in or spawned out. Usually this doesn't happen, but sometimes after one or two I will just CTD while spawning in.