Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Too dark at night?

jw

I have to set my moniter at 100% bright-100% contrast to even see, is it me? am I the only one who has mentioned this?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• speed

• GOPHUR

• romzburg

• jw

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to set my moniter at 100% bright-100% contrast to even see' date=' is it me? am I the only one who has mentioned this?[/quote']

Night time?

Clouds/Rain?

Both?

Adjust your video card settings?

LCD or CRT?

in the clouds its so dark that for the first time since the pitch black nights i have to increase my gamma - night with clouds is even worse.

Night time?

Clouds/Rain?

Both?

Adjust your video card settings?

LCD or CRT?

of course its much worse on cloudy rainy days, night ok, just as good as 1.30. why should I have to change video card settings? its perfect in 1.30

Y'all need to figure out how to calibrate your monitor properly.

If you think this game is too dark, then you have never seen an image on your computer as it was meant to be seen.

And don't buy such cheap monitors, they make the issue even worse.

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....
The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

Romzburg, my monitor isn't cheap, I know how to setup my VGA or monitor......

Compared to the current 1.30, the new 1.31 is darker! This is a fact.

I've never had brightness issues at all with other apps or games.

Do You think it's normal I have to bright up my monitor only for the 1.31?

:)

Edited by auss

The new world is dark, but the overcast is brighter.

Not sure if its going to be a "us and them" as to those people with a better picture :)

Y'all need to figure out how to calibrate your monitor properly.

If you think this game is too dark, then you have never seen an image on your computer as it was meant to be seen.

And don't buy such cheap monitors, they make the issue even worse.

I have state of the art moniter, set at 100% bright/ 100% contrast, and I still have to go into video card and adjust so I can see, wich I have done, but should you have to do that?

Edited by jw

I have state of the art moniter' date=' set at 100% bright/ 100% contrast, and I still have to go into video card and adjust so I can see, wich I have done, but should you have to do that?[/quote']

You have not CALIBRATED your "state of the art" monitor.

"Calibrate" does NOT mean screw with gamma, brightness and contrast.

Can you see the difference in every block:

calibratescale.png

If not, find some calibration software and use it.

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....
Edited by romzburg

Romzburg, my monitor isn't cheap, I know how to setup my VGA or monitor......

Compared to the current 1.30, the new 1.31 is darker! This is a fact.

I've never had brightness issues at all with other apps or games.

Do You think it's normal I have to bright up my monitor only for the 1.31?

:)

It may be darker, but that is beside the point.

I don't believe that you have calibrated your monitor.

If you have not calibrated your monitor it doesn't surprise me in the least that you try to fix it by brtightening.

But if you would calibrate it properly, you wouldn't need to.

calibratescale.png

Edited by romzburg

It may be darker, but that is beside the point.

I don't believe that you have calibrated your monitor.

If you have not calibrated your monitor it doesn't surprise me in the least that you try to fix it by brtightening.

But if you would calibrate it properly, you wouldn't need to.

calibratescale.png

Ok, searched the web untill I found calibration software, downloaded it, and I must admit, much improved. However, I wonder how many people out there, who are not techs., purchase a pc, gome home take it out of the box, set it up and turn it on, download the game, push the auto adjust on the moniter, and have a wonderfull experince playing 1.30, as I have, as well as many other online games, with no issues at all. So......... when logging on 1.31, and find they have trouble seeing, because its too dark, would know to do that. Admitedly, simplle for a expert such as yourself, but to the rest of us mere mortals who have been playing the game for over a year, 1.30, of course, as well as other onlne games, with no issues at all, would at first glance, blame it on their montier being out of calibration?

i can see every block of that calibration test perfectly.. im using a FDP1730 monitor and its still dark for me.

so no its not a calibration issue.. its just dark..

on my imac and mac book pro it is very dark. I'm wondering if there's some colour profile issues between the platforms?

Isn't night time meant to be dark?

I agree, but in WWII they had flares, search lights, etc. We don't have any of that.

aj im referring to dawn/dusk and cloudy DAYS..

i find it oddly discerning that its darker for me right before dawn and dusk than it is during the night. it just doesnt "feel" right. (this is a live server thing)

in beta - for it to be high noon and cloudy and be just as dark as midnight tells me the lighting just isnt right.

IT IS dark,I have said it monhs ago.Nothing to do with monitors settings..THE game IS dark period.

It wouldnt take too much efforts for the rats to brighten up the game..not at night,at dawn&overcast.You barely see any moving objects from 10 meters away..FACT,and with many.I do not have to gamma bright my game.If its good on everthing else,but here...then here is the problem.

S!

Speed

IT IS dark,I have said it monhs ago.Nothing to do with monitors settings..THE game IS dark period.

It wouldnt take too much efforts for the rats to brighten up the game..not at night,at dawn&overcast.You barely see any moving objects from 10 meters away..FACT,and with many.I do not have to gamma bright my game.If its good on everthing else,but here...then here is the problem.

S!

Speed

Or it could be that you just don't realize that everything is too dark.

You'd be amazed at what you're missing.

I have a $1400 monitor made for graphics/video professionals.

It is calibrated properly.

My previous monitor was a fraction of that cost, but I made sure to use *good* calibration software. The game was fine on it, too.

I did tons of graphic work, and then went to friends' houses and had them pull up my work.

9 out of 10 had such horribly (non)calibrated monitors that all detail was gone in any dark area, just big black splotches.

Most people's monitors make graphics pros very, very sad.

And the fact that you think the solution is to "gamma up" means you really need to spend some time with google on this topic.

Hey graphic geek! I and many others do not want to spend a minute wasting time on foolish tweaks.I and many here want to play,period.I IS dark for most people,fact.

I want to spent tons of hours playing and enjoying my time online,without fussing some wierd combination of tweaks to render the game better.

My 200 bucks Lcd is just fine.

S!

Speed

PS. Rat Gods,please brighten the game for us poor 200 buck video users.Thank You.

this makes me :) if any of you are running Window7, it's got a nice color/gamma calibration tool as well.

You have not CALIBRATED your "state of the art" monitor.

"Calibrate" does NOT mean screw with gamma, brightness and contrast.

calibratescale.png

I have a good monitor (P-MVA, not TN) and it is calibrated to sRGB (Colorvision Spyder 2).

The game has been too dark for a long time, and 1.31 got even darker.

I can't even play without turning gamma up.