Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Too dark at night?

jw

I can't see a damn thing in this thread.

Will y'all gamma-up before you post next time?

asshats.

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• speed

• GOPHUR

• romzburg

• jw

Top Posters In This Topic

The ony nimwhit that posts here against our request is this wierd fellow above.He is the ony soul that uses tweaksγ sh*t .I DO NOT want to use or even hear what he implies.Good for him,NOT good for the majority of people here..take your tweaks and shove it straight up your bum bum!Go get a life,go get laid!

Or it could be that you just don't realize that everything is too dark.

You'd be amazed at what you're missing.

I have a $1400 monitor made for graphics/video professionals.

It is calibrated properly.

My previous monitor was a fraction of that cost, but I made sure to use *good* calibration software. The game was fine on it, too.

I did tons of graphic work, and then went to friends' houses and had them pull up my work.

9 out of 10 had such horribly (non)calibrated monitors that all detail was gone in any dark area, just big black splotches.

Most people's monitors make graphics pros very, very sad.

And the fact that you think the solution is to "gamma up" means you really need to spend some time with google on this topic.

Sorry, the average player shouldn't need a $1400 monitor, buy special third party software, be a graphics professional, and do research into monitor calibrations just to play the game.

That's like saying you need to be able to tear down a transmission to be allowed to drive your car, need to demonstrate mathematically the Bernoulli Principle to ride in a plane from New York to Miami, or understand the difference between 720p vs 1080i to watch TV...

IMHO

BTW, saw every white, gray and black square and it's still too dark to play enjoyably.

:)

Edited by vosges45

Sorry, the average player shouldn't need a $1400 monitor, buy special third party software, be a graphics professional, and do research into monitor calibrations just to play the game.

That's like saying you need to be able to tear down a transmission to be allowed to drive your car, need to demonstrate mathematically the Bernoulli Principle to ride in a plane from New York to Miami, or understand the difference between 720p vs 1080i to watch TV...

IMHO

BTW, saw every white, gray and black square and it's still too dark to play enjoyably.

:)

Did you miss the sentence after the mention of the $1400 monitor?

The one about the monitor at a fraction of that cost?

The one that mentions how that monitor was also just fine, what with being properly calibrated?

Did you miss the entire point of the post you quoted?

Yes. Yes you did.

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The ony nimwhit that posts here against our request is this wierd fellow above.He is the ony soul that uses tweaksγ sh*t .I DO NOT want to use or even hear what he implies.Good for him' date='NOT good for the majority of people here..take your tweaks and shove it straight up your bum bum!Go get a life,go get laid![/quote']

You are a goddam liar.

I don't use any tweaks.

I never adjust gamma.

Shut your lying mouth you libelous goddam liar.

You don't have any knowledge of this topic if you think your asinine accusations reflect in any way anything I have posted.

Shut up and GTFO.

motormouth:

sgtchief:

sydney:

irelandeb:

pete, linc & julie:

owilde:

Please stop with the personal attacks guys, it's not helping in fixing the issue at all. You have differing opinions. Let's move on. Don't make me go get Gophur to come back in here.

Although he may come across as a little abrasive to some. You as a player 'do need' to do a little work and make sure you are seeing what we are seeing and that we at the 'least' can start from the same spot.

I can currently see fine in all times of the day in the 1.31 game. Do you have a lot of ambient light in your room? I sit in a pretty dark office with one office lamp above my desk so my gaming is awesome. Do you have too much backlight affecting your view of the monitor? Turn off all your lights, does that help? If it's a LCD screen move it around up/down/left/right it could also possibly be the rotation is off just so that your image isn't as bright/clear as it could be.

Can you see all the different shades for each letter in the box below? I can clearly see a different shade for each and every letter. To make any type of decision when people are starting from different places is crazy and fruitless, no matter what we do on the 'code' portion of this end it maybe totally too dark on someone's monitor due to circumstances beyond our control, and to someone's monitor that is perfectly calibrated it can look like daytime because we've changed it so much for those not wanting to check their own settings. :D

(this coming from me personally.. not CRS, btw.. ;))

this makes me :) if any of you are running Window7' date=' it's got a nice color/gamma calibration tool as well. [/quote']
You have not CALIBRATED your "state of the art" monitor.

"Calibrate" does NOT mean screw with gamma, brightness and contrast.

Can you see the difference in every block:

calibratescale.png

If not, find some calibration software and use it.

Edited by DEKARD

Please stop with the personal attacks guys, it's not helping the bug. You have differing opinions. Let's move on. Don't make me go get Gophur to come back in here.

Although he may come across as a little abrasive to some. You as a player 'do need' to do a little work and make sure you are seeing what we are seeing and that we at the 'least' can start from the same spot.

I can currently see fine in all times of the day in the 1.31 game. Do you have a lot of ambient light in your room? I sit in a pretty dark office with one office lamp above my desk so my gaming is awesome. Do you have too much backlight affecting your view of the monitor? Turn off all your lights, does that help? If it's a LCD screen move it around up/down/left/right it could also possibly be the rotation is off just so that your image isn't as bright/clear as it could be.

Can you see all the different shades for each letter in the box below? I can clearly see a different shade for each and every letter. To make any type of decision when people are starting from different places is crazy and fruitless, no matter what we do on the 'code' portion of this end it maybe totally too dark on someone's monitor due to circumstances beyond our control, and to someone's monitor that is perfectly calibrated it can look like daytime because we've changed it so much for those not wanting to check their own settings. :D

(this coming from me personally.. not CRS, btw.. ;))

this makes me :) if any of you are running Window7' date=' it's got a nice color/gamma calibration tool as well.[/quote']

Ok forget it, I have said repeatedly that I had obtained calibration software and properly calibrated my moniter, its still too dark, but leave it, Ill turn up my gama or just not play

Ok forget it, I have said repeatedly that I had obtained calibration software and properly calibrated my moniter, its still too dark, but leave it, Ill turn up my gama or just not play

That's for everyone not you personally. We (meaning CRS and the players) need to make sure everyone is starting from the same spot. First. If you can see all those shades, just say yes and it' that its still too dark. That's all we need. You can also try and leave the threats out too.. that'd be awesomeZ0rs! :D

That's for everyone not you personally. We (meaning CRS and the players) need to make sure everyone is starting from the same spot. First. If you can see all those shades' date=' just say yes and it' that its still too dark. That's all we need. You can also try and leave the threats out too.. that'd be awesomeZ0rs! :D[/quote']

yes I can see all the shades just fine, yes its still too dark, no threats, Im simply telling you if its too dark I will either turn up gama or not play

Good point JW. Sorry I missed that in the title. I may tend to agree with you on the overcast but I'm getting a little resistance here, as there is always contention on these issues.

Perhaps we'll just put the gamma slider back in the game?

I'll try a new thread for our next release.