Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Too dark at night?

jw

The world is still a bit too dark.For most players this is reality.Imagine on open beta for all..the many complaints coming up...Cant force hundreds of people to tweak monitorsγ,because the game is very dark.

Copy the settings on the 1.30 live server,its fine and never needed to calibrate or tweak nothing.

There is only one person who has the best monitor,telling everyone to tweak and spend hours to adjust something that has to be standard for all.

Please pay attention to most users and brighten up the game at dusk,overcast&night time.It is still too dark.

My monitor is ok and perfect,contrast,colors and the works.Switch the light on the server world and lets move on to other more important features.

S!

Speed

PS. If you set the lights up,let people in game sort it out.I believe at patch is necessary for the settings?

Edited by speedbird

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• speed

• GOPHUR

• romzburg

• jw

Top Posters In This Topic

just perfect? if that looks "just perfect" to you' date=' you sir are in denial[/quote']

You really don't comprehend this thread at all, do you?

My monitor doesn't suck, I know how to calibrate, and what I am looking at ON MY MONITOR is just fine.

You, on the other hand, either have a sucky monitor, or you don't know how to calibrate it.

If you think you can tell what is visible on someone else's monitor by looking at YOUR monitor, you aren't in denial, you are just plain thoughtless.

Try thinking about it a little, then get back to those of us in reality-land, those of us who understand that we can only see what is on our own monitor, and actually can't make judgements about what isn't visible to everyone else based on a SCREENSHOT FROM SOMEONE ELSE'S MONITOR VIEWED ON A SECOND SUCKY/NON-CALIBRATED MONITOR.

Geez.

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....
The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

The world is still a bit too dark.For most players this is reality.Imagine on open beta for all..the many complaints coming up...Cant force hundreds of people to tweak monitorsγ,because the game is very dark.

Copy the settings on the 1.30 live server,its fine and never needed to calibrate or tweak nothing.

There is only one person with a million dollar monitor bugging everyone to tweak and spend hours to adjust something that has to be standard for all.

Please pay attention to most users and brighten up the game at dusk,overcast&night time.It is still too dark.

My monitor is ok and perfect,contrast,colors and the works.Switch the light on the server world and lets move on to other more important features.

S!

Speed

Takes no amount of time to calibrate a monitor.

I can't believe you have been satisfied viewing everything in the past on a poorly calibrated monitor.

I guess some people just don't care.

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

You really don't comprehend this thread at all, do you?

My monitor doesn't suck, I know how to calibrate, and what I am looking at ON MY MONITOR is just fine.

You, on the other hand, either have a sucky monitor, or you don't know how to calibrate it.

If you think you can tell what is visible on someone else's monitor by looking at YOUR monitor, you aren't in denial, you are just plain thoughtless.

Try thinking about it a little, then get back to those of us in reality-land, those of us who understand that we can only see what is on our own monitor, and actually can't make judgements about what isn't visible to everyone else based on a SCREENSHOT FROM SOMEONE ELSE'S MONITOR VIEWED ON A SECOND SUCKY/NON-CALIBRATED MONITOR.

Geez.

dont understand this thread at all? I am the author of the thread, and yes you are right calibration does help a lot, I downloaded calibration software per your suggestion, and It does make a difference. but the poster of the screenshot in question states that he has as well calibrated his moniter, and its still too dark, geeze, even some of the rats are saying its too dark, but of course you know much more than them.

Edited by jw

This thread is getting a little hot. I would like the Rats to see if it's a video card issue, Nvidia as opposed to ATI. Maybe a poll for those who think it's too dark and what card they are using. I got a new comp in Nov. that has an ATI card I had been playing since 2001 with an Nvidia card. Now 1.30 looks great on this system and so do all the other games I have, only 1.31 seems to be amiss, and I have calabrated my monitor!

This thread is getting a little hot. I would like the Rats to see if it's a video card issue' date=' Nvidia as opposed to ATI. Maybe a poll for those who think it's too dark and what card they are using. I got a new comp in Nov. that has an ATI card I had been playing since 2001 with an Nvidia card. Now 1.30 looks great on this system and so do all the other games I have, only 1.31 seems to be amiss, and I have calabrated my monitor![/quote']

gophur has been working on it and it is actually getting some better imho, and after calibrating my moniter along with that, I find myself only ever so slightly adjusting gama in video card, only from 1.00 to 1.02 or so on overcast days.

Edited by jw

Just a comment to my original post.

My monitor may very well suck (old IBM crt - not LCD) and the image I posted may very well be fine enough for some of you to play in.

But that is besides the point.

The point was that I was able to make the infantry out perfectly ok by cranking up the gamme - so I would wager that anyone with a sucky setup as my own will do that.

And that means - lighting neds to be upped or everyone will be doing that.

dont understand this thread at all? I am the author of the thread' date=' and yes you are right calibration does help a lot, I downloaded calibration software per your suggestion, and It does make a difference. but the poster of the screenshot in question states that he has as well calibrated his moniter, and its still too dark, geeze, even some of the rats are saying its too dark, but of course you know much more than them.[/quote']

I was responding to a guy telling *ME* that *I* am in denial about what *I* see on *MY* monitor, based on *HIS* viewing of a screenshot on *HIS* monitor. Which he has already stated is not satisfactory! Come on!

If you can't see why that makes no sense at all, well, *you* are in denial!

I was responding to a guy telling *ME* that *I* am in denial about what *I* see on *MY* monitor, based on *HIS* viewing of a screenshot on *HIS* monitor. Which he has already stated is not satisfactory! Come on!

If you can't see why that makes no sense at all, well, *you* are in denial!

Ok, you of course are right about everything and I am completely wrong about everything, the game is absolutely perfect in every way and how dare I suggest it might need to be tweaked a little. my equip is trash and even if it wasnt, I dont know how to use it. Please forgive me, Oh great one, and thank you for pointing out how ignorant I truely am, I will no longer think about anything on my own here, but will simply look for your post on any subject in question, to be sure and get the right answer. I didnt realize how important you were.

Ok' date=' you of course are right about everything and I am completely wrong about everything, the game is absolutely perfect in every way and how dare I suggest it might need to be tweaked a little. my equip is trash and even if it wasnt, I dont know how to use it. Please forgive me, Oh great one, and thank you for pointing out how ignorant I truely am, I will no longer think about anything on my own here, but will simply look for your post on any subject in question, to be sure and get the right answer. I didnt realize how important you were.[/quote']

Nothing you said here has any relation to anything I have said.

Both comprehension and logic are worthy goals, and I encourage you to keep striving toward them.

Good luck in the future, but my advice is for you to thank your betters rather than become resentful and insulting them.

I have a calibrated monitor and I can just see the inf in the above screenshot if I look very closely.

I mean a really calibrated monitor, calibrated to sRGB by a hardware calibration device.

To me the night is ok, but the day is too damn dark. I want the color levels of 2001 to 2006 or so back, then it was just right, before the stuff with making it look like an old war movie started.

I have a calibrated monitor and I can just see the inf in the above screenshot if I look very closely.

I mean a really calibrated monitor, calibrated to sRGB by a hardware calibration device.

To me the night is ok, but the day is too damn dark. I want the color levels of 2001 to 2006 or so back, then it was just right, before the stuff with making it look like an old war movie started.

When you look at the game on YOUR monitor, the night is ok, and that's the *real* info. It doesn't mean anything to say a bad screenshot from a bad monitor looks bad on your good monitor.

When a bad screenshot from a bad monitor actually doesn't look so bad on my monitor, then *that* is significant. It shows just how bad the bad monitor is calibrated. It means the display (output) is NOT the same as the signal (input). The screenshot is recorded in the computer. I could take a screenshot with my brightness turned down to zero, and although my monitor would display nothing at all, that screenshot would be fine to someone else.

So all these moans with screenshot examples, make no real sense, *especially* when someone else sees the screenshot and has a monitor that isn't set up wrong, and the screenshot is fine.

But that may be a little to difficult to understand for someone who is just mad about not being able to see their own screenshot when someone else can!

I smell a lock soon.

Nothing you said here has any relation to anything I have said.

Both comprehension and logic are worthy goals, and I encourage you to keep striving toward them.

Good luck in the future, but my advice is for you to thank your betters rather than become resentful and insulting them.

Oh, thank you for truely you have bested me, and thank you for you vastly superior intellect, and logic, I will always in the future strive to attain such obviously greater comprehension. And to the rest of you guys out there having trouble seeing on overcast and rainy days, get rid of your sucky machines and get good ones like this guy and learn how to use them

Oh' date=' thank you for truely you have bested me, and thank you for you vastly superior intellect, and logic, I will always in the future strive to attain such obviously greater comprehension. And to the rest of you guys out there having trouble seeing on overcast and rainy days, get rid of your sucky machines and get good ones like this guy and learn how to use them[/quote']

I'm glad you've finally seen the value in attempting to understand and apply the information shared by people who know more than you do about something and are willing to teach to you.

You might want to start your new endeavor by re-reading the post a ways back where I talk about my old cheap monitor that I had no trouble playing on before I got my nice new one.

You could then put a couple of different pieces of information together, and see that a cheap old monitor, when used properly, can be a perfectly acceptable tool.

If you've been around for a while, you might remember the *really* dark nights. I had a thread about calibration then, too. Doc, I believe it was, or maybe it was Killer, responded that it was probably a lost cause getting people to understand about calibrating properly.

Anyway, good luck!

I'm glad you've finally seen the value in attempting to understand and apply the information shared by people who know more than you do about something and are willing to teach to you.

You might want to start your new endeavor by re-reading the post a ways back where I talk about my old cheap monitor that I had no trouble playing on before I got my nice new one.

You could then put a couple of different pieces of information together, and see that a cheap old monitor, when used properly, can be a perfectly acceptable tool.

If you've been around for a while, you might remember the *really* dark nights. I had a thread about calibration then, too. Doc, I believe it was, or maybe it was Killer, responded that it was probably a lost cause getting people to understand about calibrating properly.

Anyway, good luck!

If you had even been reading my post on this thread you would know Im not even talking aboout nights, the night is fine its the overcast days that are too dark, and yes I calibrated my moniter with calibration software per your suggestion, and it does help a lot, but still on overcast days it was too dark, even some of the rats said so, gophur has been working on it according to some of his post, and it is getting better, just assuming everyone is an idiot but you and they dont know how to use their equip. is not the answer. when every game out there including 130 is just fine and its only 1.31 that is too dark then its 1.31 that needs adjustment, and its been getting some btw. And sorry you were unable to see through my sarc.

Edited by jw

If you had even been reading my post on this thread you would know Im not even talking aboout nights' date=' the night is fine its the overcast days that are too dark, and yes I calibrated my moniter with calibration software per your suggestion, and it does help a lot, but still on overcast days it was too dark, even some of the rats said so, gophur has been working on it according to some of his post, and it is getting better, just assuming everyone is an idiot but you and they dont know how to use their equip. is not the answer. when every game out there including 130 is just fine and its only 1.31 that is too dark then its 1.31 that needs adjustment, and its been getting some btw. And sorry you were unable to see through my sarc.[/quote']

Assuming everyone else is an idiot has gotten me this far!

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!")' date=' that post pretty much nails it on the head.[/quote']

Assuming everyone else is an idiot has gotten me this far!

to where, oh you mean forum troll, do you even play this game? Ive never seen you in the theater, I cant remember ever seeing you in killed by window. I guess thats why I didnt realize how smart and important you are, I dont remember ever seeing you in the game

to where' date=' oh you mean forum troll, do you even play this game? Ive never seen you in the theater, I cant remember ever seeing you in killed by window. I guess thats why I didnt realize how smart and important you are, I dont remember ever seeing you in the game[/quote']

What an amazingly stupid statement.

Do you really think you just said something logical?

What an amazingly stupid statement.

Do you really think you just said something logical?

logical? who are you Dr. Spock? Im not trying to reason with you, Im trying to make you understand how arrogant you are. You by your own admission, enter into any argument assuming that everyone but yourself is an idiot. Some of the rats have been tweeking the light a little and asking for feedback, and its has been getting better btw. But you of course, are much wiser, and continue on your rant about everyone needs to calibrate their moniter. They have heard those of us who have been asking for some tweeking in this area, so it really doesnt matter what you think about it. So just sit there on your high horse and enjoy being right in your own mind.

Not sure why this is locked or why you two asshats are hijacking my thread but in the immortal words of Strike, "get off my board man!".

so Gophur, back on track. was in beta yesterday, went thru a 24 hour cycle while i was online, and literally, its darker on a rainy day than it is at night!

at least, i can see easier at night now because of the lighting change.

still too dark imo though.

I agree, the rainy days are a bit to dark. It would be cool if you guys could make some moving clouds and changing weather over the day.

I Cant wait to play this patch on the live server.

Im not trying to reason with you, Im trying to make you understand how arrogant you are.

Oh, I know how arrogant I am already. I don't think I ever denied that. Heck, I even refer to my sig quotes as a tribute to narcissism.

And being really illogical is just going to make me feel even more superior, so you're trying to put out the burning fire of my egotism with gasoline.

So just sit there on your high horse and enjoy being right in your own mind.

Ok.

And I thought you won this thread a couple days ago, when I saw it was locked and you had the last post in it.

Gophur, you probably should lock it, and start a new one for the next verison of beta, since there is no useful info in here at all that you need beyond "I think it is too dark". Not like other stuff where a bug needs specific conditions to be checked out or whatever.

(And lock it with *MY* post as the last one, so that *I* can be the winner!)

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

irelandeb:

pete, linc & julie:

owilde:

Not sure why this is locked or why you two asshats are hijacking my thread but in the immortal words of Strike' date=' "get off my board man!".[/quote']

Hijacking your thread? I, started the thread, with the original title being, " does it have to be so dark" You moved the thread and evidently have given it a new name " too dark at night", I as well as others have been screaming its too dark on overcast and rainy days, not too dark at night, this asshat was told by the other asshat in question, that I needed to calibrate my moniter, I have obtained calibration software and used it, while some better, its still too dark. I thought it had gotton better, but after downloading the latest patch today 5/6/2010, and logging in, it was so dark the only way I could see well enough to play without giving me a headache was to turn up my gama in video card to plus 1.24 or more, and finaly just logged out and went back to the 1.30. That it is too dark IS the subject of the thread and always was since I started it.

Geez! Gophur pls light up the server.It is too dark.When overcast its a total mess.Alot of peope are complaining and it needs tuned please,if you may.

Give it a tweak and see the results please.Can you replicate the main server settings?It is very

good at nite time and no adjustments are necessary.

We have to think the ordinary customer wants to downoad,execute and play the game.No science fiction tweaks&calibration are to be requiered.

Please attend to our plea.Thank You.

S!

Speed