Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Mission Pending ... #3591

noons

Got it today, yesterday, tomorrow... zzzzzz.

It seems all my mission results pending (MRP) happen when i click despawn' date=' while holding down Teamspeak hotkey.[/quote']

Also, I'm not sure but I have a feeling that Teamspeek could be related (looks like I have less connection errors without TS).

Edited by covi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• synxer

• noons

• mcgib

Top Posters In This Topic

I get this frequently with no second dialogue box, and I don't use TS.

It's getting especially irritating with the double log-in required.

• 3 weeks later...

This is freaking annoying me, last past days/week im getting Mission results pending and those fooking redlocks everytime. I restart pc and modem (fiber) and it doesnt help. I use WIn7 x64. Live in EU. Ping is 160ms average. Get MRP on UTP and 802N. The new patch better fix this...but probably not, as i also thought with 1.31. Its a shame, CRS loosing numbers because of this..

• 2 months later...

Happened when i flew and died crashing in to the ground by enemy fire.

2 despawn prompts came up, not sure what they said as i clicked ok pretty fast out of instinct. First one came up clicked ok....then another came up and i clicked ok. Then stuck on mission results pending.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been getting MRP a lot in the last week or so, I can't relate it's cause to anything that I do in game.

I don't know how the game connects to the server/servers as it loads but maybe there could be a test to determine whether you are still shown as connected before it loads the main bulk of the game, that way the loading process could be stopped, you could be properly disconnected from the server and the loading of the game restarted all automatically to save you loading the game, getting the red padlocks, closing down the game and having to wait while the whole thing loads again.

As things are, pressing Alt F4 after the progress bar says connected to chat (or whatever it is it says exactly) shuts the game down at that point and obviously properly disconnects you from the server so I'm guessing at that point the game already knows you are going to get the padlocks so it makes sense to abort the loading process there and then rather than go through the next rather long loading processes.

• 2 weeks later...

getting MRP almost every mission now. especially frustrating when you set a fru, despawn to log into that fru and get MRP. Plus the fru goes down.

game breaker for me.

I have been getting lock ups or mission reports pending at least once per period of gameplay. For me this used to be a rare occurrence. Experienced it 3 times tonight in my first hour. Obviously I'm not alone.

M2/M3

I have been getting lock ups or mission reports pending at least once per period of gameplay. For me this used to be a rare occurrence. Experienced it 3 times tonight in my first hour. Obviously I'm not alone.

M2/M3

Same problem. It was rather rare before but now its really a problem. Mission reports pending and then cthl or ctd. Now its about 1h/one crash. Thats way way too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting these now everyday, altough I'm able to continue to play but sometimes I'd like to see what I managed to kill without looking up the stats page.

The first couple of mission usually works but after awhile I get the pending message after every sortie.

same here for a while now.

Getting these now everyday, altough I'm able to continue to play but sometimes I'd like to see what I managed to kill without looking up the stats page.

The first couple of mission usually works but after awhile I get the pending message after every sortie.

• 4 weeks later...

We are currently working on a new host mechanic that will ensure these types of issues cannot happen in the future. Expected for 1.34.

Not sure if it suposed to happen but bit weird.

Logged in and created a mission.

Spawned french inf in Ab.

Emptied 1 clip and it auto despawned and I got the below.

It happened as I switched to binos and move with them up.

betak.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion this whole bug is directly related to your connection...When I start getting higher pings, I get mission pending alot more than normal.

In my opinion this whole bug is directly related to your connection...When I start getting higher pings' date=' I get mission pending alot more than normal.[/quote']

True but that isn't a bug. If your connection is poor, you will get despawned and have MrP since you aren;t talking to the host anymore.

The bug is getting it when your connection's fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the bug as well today, first time in 1.33. Before 1.33 the bug caused some additional errors such as not being able to spawn in again, now the only consequence is that I can't see the mission results.

Also, I don't think the bug was related to my connection. At least not the part of the connection between my PC and the provider.

Have to correct the last report a bit: I'm getting the bug very often now. After the third sortie or so it first appears and then upon each despawn, restarting helps but then it reappears rather quickly. Sometimes the bug locks me into spawning with the reserved equipment even though I select a different one, workaround for that is to go back to the brigade selection.

Reporting it repeatedly isn't nessesary, we will be deploying a new host architecture to eliminate it ASAP (not before v1.34) and until then there is nothing we can do to eliminate your current issues with it. If you have a poor connection or a spikey ping it will be made worse, of course ... since this is all down to the solidity of communications between you and one of several hosts that comprise the BE:WWIIOL "host" which is in reality an entire cluster of hosts doing different tasks and handing you off from one to another as needs be.

CHTL and MrP and spawn button graying out and things of that nature are all related to the architecture of the host being ... in need of modernization. Oli is doing this as we speak but it's a lot of work and has to be better than what it's replacing. The existing system was designed in an era where modems dominated connection to the game. As in the Stone Age.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like this is being worked on, which is great. I just thought I'd add my experience just in case it helps. It's extremely rare for me to get a mission results pending error and I never CTD.

The only time I get mission results pending is when I've been shot down while flying. If I'm almost KIA and I hit ESC, I get the despawn countdown timer as usual. Then if game decides I have bled out before the timer expires, I'll get a second despawn prompt without the timer. If I click that prompt without waiting for the other timer to expire, I get mission results pending on that mission and all future missions until I restart the game.

There needs to be some piece of code that looks to see if a despawn timer is currently active so it doesn't pop up another prompt, or just forces completion of a running timer.