Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Lowered fps in 1.33

Fabao

It would be beneficial for everyone here to compare thier .benchinfantry scores from 1.33.0 live to 1.33.1 beta.

The closed testers are reporting some big increases, especially on ATi cards, and I'd like some corroboration.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• AHWULF

• geckopow

• expatpom

Here are my benchmark results for 1.33.1.1 beta with the values I posted earlier for 1.33 live in parentheses:

Benchremagen:

36 FPS (30FPS)

Benchinfantry:

26 FPS (19FPS)

System specs:

Windows 7 64bit

E8400 3ghz CPU

4GB RAM

ATI 4870 1GB RAM Driver version: 8.821.0.0

Nice work!

Testing 1.33 (live)

.benchremagen 44 fps

.benchinfantry 23 fps

.benchinfantry (again) 16 fps

Testing 1.33.1 (beta)

.benchremagen 45 fps

.benchinfantry 27 fps

.benchinfantry (again) 19 fps

Specs

AMD Athlon FX-57 2.9 GHz (single core)

Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

2 GB SD RAM

Windows XP 32 bit

In 1.33, i have checked the cpu performance, not looking good!

AMD Phenom 2 quad 3ghz, overall performance 23-25%????

First core runs at approx 70-75%???

EDIT: Why would it not be running the CPU at max?

You have 4 cpus, the OS bounces the code from core to core as it feels like. The total for the game generally will be 1 whole core, thus total cpu usages = 25% (ie 1/4 of your 4 cpus). If you had only 1 core you would see 100%.

You have 4 cpus' date=' the OS bounces the code from core to core as it feels like. The total for the game generally will be 1 whole core, thus total cpu usages = 25% (ie 1/4 of your 4 cpus). If you had only 1 core you would see 100%.[/quote']

I was epecting one core to be running at 100%

hi

GC : Nvidia GT 220

Treiber: 8.17.12.6658 07.01.2011

Intel Core 2Quad Q8300 2,5GHz

4 GB Ram

Benchremagen 38fps

Benchinfantry 18fps

Benchremagen 52fps

Benchinfantry 24fps

cancro

GC : Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT Driver 266.58 (Card Set To Performance)

Pentium 4 Cpu 3.625GHz

2.00 GB Ram

All on minimum settings in game

Pre Beta Release

Benchremagen 30fps

Benchinfantry 16fps

Post Beta Release

Benchremagen 30

Benchinfanty 24

Not much really on the change front :confused:

Still experience severe screen freezing whenever an ei is close, usually when the freezing stops I'm dead , so cant really say it has made that much of a difference.

All the infantry settings on the new release are at minimum, graphics card on performance as before.

Cheers

Loss of fps with new version.

GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS 512

Driver Version: 266.58

CPU: Core2Quad Q6600 2.4GHz

RAM: 6GB

version 1.33.0

.benchremagen: 52-55 fps

.benchinfantry: 25-27 fps

version 1.33.2

.benchremagen: 42-43 fps

.benchinfantry: 25-26 fps

Strange results last night, just after getting the 1.33.2 patch, my fps went up quite nicely, but as the night went on, and after many restarts, my fps dropped to about 17-18fps in large battles, then i got "ODE Internal error", CTD. My first ever CTD with 1.33...

Pretty sure, the fps drops was town related though and what direction i looked though...

I just posted a thread about this, the new patch didn't improve my FPS.

I hoped that yesterdays patch would fix it a bit, but it didn't. So here I am, crying .

On the ground: Before the patch I had about 50 fps in a medium battle, 25-30 in a huge one. Now I have 10-15 fps in small battles, larger make the game unplayable.

In the air: I had 70-90 fps when high up (6-7k), now I have 30-35. When I'm flying low above a contested town, my game enters a monstrous lagfest with 3-5 fps. I already slammed a few times into the ground because of that.

I thought it might be because of the new infantry models, but the game doesn't render them when I'm flying at 6k, does it? I also overclocked my GPU quite a bit, but it didn't help either. All drivers are up to date.

My specs:

RAM: 4GB 1600mhz

CPU: Athlon II X3 3.2 ghz

GPU: Radeon HD 4870 512MB DDR5

I know, that's not a state-of-the art PC, but I'm running the game on minimum settings, and until the patch everything was fine.

Halp?

I found the fps drop as well seemed to relate to the presence of dying infantry or some other physics related calculations (ragdolls, grenades, exploding stuff basically). Hope to look at this more today.

Hi Ahwulf,

I also had the chance to measure FPS with HUD on and off 'Y key' by using the FPS tool that is with TS overlay.

The differences are extreme between HUD on and off.

I am seeing improvements in FPS of up to 30-35 FPS when everything is switched off.

If you need I can post the screenshots.

As for you looking at some physics that causes FPS drop it might be down to muzzle flash possibly? , this might explain why my screen freezes when ei is in close proximity (also happens with AF when firing)

CPU Intel btw :)

Cheers

Edited by expatpom

Hi Ahwulf,

I also had the chance to measure FPS with HUD on and off 'Y key' by using the FPS tool that is with TS overlay.

The differences are extreme between HUD on and off.

I am seeing improvements in FPS of up to 30-35 FPS when everything is switched off.

Cheers

When comparing FPS changes, always report before and after, not difference.

Ie 120 -> 100 is nothing 30->10 is a lot.

The real measurement is how long a frame takes, ie 1/FPS. So at 120fps each frame takes 8.3ms, 100fps each frame is now 10ms so the difference is only 1.7ms per frame. However 30fps is 33.3ms and 10fps is 100ms. So in the first case hardly anything changed and in the latter 66.7ms slower which is massive.

Hi Ahwulf,

From memory (tad hazy) it was from the lower end of FPS spectrum (would love to get the 100 mark) :)

So from mid lower 20's and 30's to 50-60 and maybe more.

Will recheck a tad later on when I get online and post back.

Cheers

I was hoping that this issue would go away the next time I logged in. I've had great performance (fps-wise) in WWIIOL, but that stopped yesterday. For some reason, my fps has decreased 33% to 50%. I was a *solid* 30 fps on the ground and now I *bounce* between 15, 20, and 30 for no apparent reason. Will do more testing tonight.

Wrongway

The inf drawing issue is much improved but there may be some new thing with ragdolls or grenades that causes this type of bouncing fps behavior. I was in maas or whatever big town yesterday and saw swings from 30's to 12 myself sometimes. The frame cost of drawing an inf is generally dependent only on distance now (and mostly different at a few meters only) but physics stuff can vary since it depends on so many factors.

One example (no idea if this is an issue, just to explain it) might be you shoot someone, they fall as ragdoll and turn into corpse. Hardly notice the fps difference. Then you shoot someone on the balcony and they ragdoll which then bounces up and down like madman and your fps goes in the toilet. All that physics takes much longer than just dropping on the ground. Of course this is an illustration not a for sure; I don't really know what might be causing this. However from my profiling it is physics related which is mostly ragdolls, grenades, exploding tanks - ie things that bounce.

Of course the game is so fluid that it's hard to tell what the real culprit is as it might change from one moment to another.

But, dude, what is crazy is that before the patch this past week, my FPS was great even with the new infantry models. I don't know wtf was included in the CTD and "help-me-I've-fallen-through-the-Earth-*again*" patches, but that's what made the difference for me. Great FPS before, log circling the toilet after. I love this game, as the rest of you do, and just want to kill Germans.

Wrongway

**Freakin still at work at 2150 and if the freakin' airmen and third classes don't get clean up done very soon, I'm going to have to unleash my crow and be AC1 WTF-stfu-you-nonseagoing-wogs-who-call- yourselves-controllers-yet-have-never-even-talked-to-an-airplane-yet guy who puts his boot up junior sailors' arses. FML. Go Navy. Just keep telling myself that, go Navy. I should've stayed in college.

Remagen Bench - 38fps dropping to 32fps for a sec.

Infantry Bench - 25fps dropping to 24fps

Win7 64bit

Nvidia GTX460

AMD Phenom II X4 3ghz

Nvidia Driver 266.58

Quite a drop in fps for me...

With 1.33.2

Remagen Bench with HUD on - 53 FPS

With HUD off - 66 FPS

With HUD and Map on - 45 FPS Substantial drop!

Infantry Bench with Hud on - 19FPS

With HUD off - 20 FPS

With HUD and Map on - 17 FPS Not much of a drop, but not much to drop from.

These results are terrible!

Turning down inf detail with HUD on - 40FPS

Something is not right here at all...

Gecko do you have an AMD cpu?

Remember comparing fps is not useful, compare 1000/fps, ie ms per frame

66fps = 15.15ms per frame

45fps = 22,22ms per frame

HUD+MAP cost = 7ms per frame

20fps = 50ms per frame

17fps = 58.8ms per frame

HUD+MAP cost = 8.8ms per frame

Edited by AHWULF

Also it appears the compiler version we used for 1.33.1 had more optimizations than the prior version we went back to for 1.33.2, but also had more bugs. We are trying to get the next version hoping it has both the optmizations AND bug fixes. @#$@#$@# Intel.

Just a data point: immediately after the patch my FPS dropped; it had been between say 35 to 65 and dropped to maybe 20 to 45.

As painful as it was, it was still playable.

Was there another build after that? I lost track. But I know this: it has now dropped to between 6 and 25. Maybe 25. At best 25. For a few moments. Which means I'm out.

Offline seemed smoother than online. I mean noticably smoother. But then running around on the range, the same sort of "running into patches of deep mud" bogginess.

FPS between 11 and 40.

.benchremagen - low 15 / high 45

.benchinfantry - low 9 / high 27

Athlon II (2.8X4) | XP Pro | 6Gig DDR3 | 5770 |

Looking forward to better days.

^5

p.s. I'll go through this thread and try all the voodoo solutions. If they generate anything diagnostic I'll update this.

Addendum: I just logged into a FB ... standing in the tent, FPS fluctuates between 16 and 50. Standing perfectly still ... 3 guns and 2 tanks within 1KM, and no EA. Something's not right.

Just ran from Inf to Veh ... glitchy. Now only 2 guns and 1 tank within 1K. Nobody moving. No EA. While prone in Veh facing canvas FPS as high as 56 and as low as 8. Weird.

Edited by togosmials

Gecko do you have an AMD cpu?

Remember comparing fps is not useful, compare 1000/fps, ie ms per frame

66fps = 15.15ms per frame

45fps = 22,22ms per frame

HUD+MAP cost = 7ms per frame

20fps = 50ms per frame

17fps = 58.8ms per frame

HUD+MAP cost = 8.8ms per frame

Yeah AMD Cpu, still worried about difference in FPS though, very playable with HUD Off, can get quite nasty with HUD On, why would the HUD cause such issues?