Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.35.0.5 Open Test Download

GOPHUR

When I try to run the mac beta I still get this:

We were unable to find a patch file for your version of Battleground Europe. Please visit the Battleground Europe downloads page for the latest version.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• Sparre

• delems

• tomppeli

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! Woot, got in to the beta.

Ok, here is what i found so far on my mac.

1) FPS is very low about 5 FPS, I normally get 40 to 60 unless heavy battle.

2) Processor seems to run at 100% all the time (switches among the 4 cores)

3) There are no trees.

4) There are no bushes.

5) Only 1 rank point for Engr FB bust instead of 10.

6) Unable to make dFRU, but could make aFRU when attacking FB.

That is all for now, nades seemed fine, generally like it, probably too easy though.

Fixed the Mac teul error yesterday' date=' should be good to go.[/quote']

Thanks, I can confirm that I was able to login but I haven't had a chance to try it out.

Any chance we could play around with night time brightness in an upcoming beta? It's to bright as it is right now, looks like a cloudy day.

Got into beta today with mac version; couldn't do much in Schilde, FPS was 2. Seems where there are trees I get terrible FPS, also, still no trees or bushes render.

Went to Williem AB, FPS better; found the AI soldier in MG pit facing N in AB is still missing.

Tried training camp, FPS good (must be no trees around), tested nades a bit, seems to work fine, but again, may be a bit too easy. I could not destroy the crates with HE charges.

• 4 weeks later...

Yo...

- Missionleader issues - new member joining mission becomes instantly ML, if more than 2 ppl on mission ML cycles through endlessly - IF ML leaves mission he stays ML and for others on same mission, mission thus becomes invalid when ML logs or switches sides

- BETA Server needs .all .setrank .msp commands working

- BETA despawn timer needs reduced to like 2 seconds or something if possible

- BETA FRU distances to enemy facilities needs reduced or eleminated for BETA purposes if possible

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not a single post about 35 since September, even from the Rats.

RA, RA, RA, Rah Rah Rah ….. “None of the money from wwiiol is going to RA”, so the community has nothing to worry about there. Except that no-one at Rat headquarters seems to be working on wwii anymore. Perhaps financial resources aren’t being diverted as Xoom asserted in his update about RA this past week, but development resources sure are. That’s obvious.

35 as a release has a list of fixes, but apart from grenade aiming there isn’t much new. And RA is supposed to bring wwii new stability and reliability in several areas as well. But let’s be clear about something here … that the game will work is a minimal expectation, not a feature.

There was a time the Rats were releasing new features, actual new stuff in the game at very regular intervals. This was exciting, and players constantly had new stuff to look forward to with every release. That ended with the development work that began for the Chinese version, and that lack of focus carried right into RA. Development of “our” wwii has slowed to an almost imperceptible level during the last couple of years.

You’re wondering where much of the old player base has gone, and the Rats have to recognise that many of us are wondering where they went.

I understand that there is a lot of excitement at Rat HQ over RA, but I don’t share it. Not angry here, not wanting to sound negative either. And I’ll say too that Rats have been terrifically responsive to many concerns. But about development on wwii ….. I just don’t feel the love anymore.

S!

Not a single post about 35 since September, even from the Rats.

RA, RA, RA, Rah Rah Rah ….. “None of the money from wwiiol is going to RA”, so the community has nothing to worry about there. Except that no-one at Rat headquarters seems to be working on wwii anymore. Perhaps financial resources aren’t being diverted as Xoom asserted in his update about RA this past week, but development resources sure are. That’s obvious.

35 as a release has a list of fixes, but apart from grenade aiming there isn’t much new. And RA is supposed to bring wwii new stability and reliability in several areas as well. But let’s be clear about something here … that the game will work is a minimal expectation, not a feature.

There was a time the Rats were releasing new features, actual new stuff in the game at very regular intervals. This was exciting, and players constantly had new stuff to look forward to with every release. That ended with the development work that began for the Chinese version, and that lack of focus carried right into RA. Development of “our” wwii has slowed to an almost imperceptible level during the last couple of years.

You’re wondering where much of the old player base has gone, and the Rats have to recognise that many of us are wondering where they went.

I understand that there is a lot of excitement at Rat HQ over RA, but I don’t share it. Not angry here, not wanting to sound negative either. And I’ll say too that Rats have been terrifically responsive to many concerns. But about development on wwii ….. I just don’t feel the love anymore.

S!

True, we really need those fixes, especially when it comes to those small RPATs adjustments.

CRS needs to be spend some time on WW2OL and take some resources from RA, it's a small community and they have to choose between spending they limited production on RA or WW2ol.

If funds are needed to end this patch do a KS, the community can Raise 40k for RA, it can raise +30k to finish WW2ol 1.35 patch.

only things what i would want to bring in 1.35 is: officer models, emotes/or "command speaking?" and night brightness little worse... usa paras, usa planes... and air raid siren...

all was in game but got deleted but usa things werent yet...

also, i DO NOT want grenade aimer... it ruins gameplay a bit... its not so easy to throw in RL too... so... i would let it to be as it is now...:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

They know and we know the game is dying, so they want all the money before go down ,that why all the builder and recruit offer $$$ only about$$ but no game update in 8 month theytve nothing to say about the game update in 8 month!!BS

• Free Play Account

Are you that dense?

Everyone left.

They need to raise some $$$ to hire/contract out work.

Its been a year since a patch, not 8 months.

What does your post accomplish?

Are you that dense?

Everyone left.

They need to raise some $$$ to hire/contract out work.

Its been a year since a patch, not 8 months.

What does your post accomplish?

tayeul. accomplish?

• CORNERED RAT
They know and we know the game is dying' date=' so they want all the money before go down ,that why all the builder and recruit offer $$$ only about$$ but no game update in 8 month theytve nothing to say about the game update in 8 month!!BS[/quote']

Hey Dertod,

Let me start by saying I understand it's frustrating, believe me, we feel the weight of it. Our recent "open-bookness" has been directly intended to let you guys understand what it is going to take to develop the game further, into what we all envisioned to be.

There's much more to be done. With a group of some real fighters, we're making our best effort to keep pushing the envelope to make WWII Online go beyond 2013.

Hope you're on board, we still are. S!

They know and we know the game is dying' date=' so they want all the money before go down ,that why all the builder and recruit offer $$$ only about$$ but no game update in 8 month theytve nothing to say about the game update in 8 month!!BS[/quote']

I'm as frustrated as you are but from everything I know about making a game and especially a MMO it takes a lot of resources and if you don't get a specific level of these they will have no effect and will drain out.. You could raise 5000$ but if you needed 10000$ all those 5000$ would not allow you to do what you needed to pay/invest and would be drained by maintenance costs.

All of what you are seeing is the blowback from 1.34 and it could have been avoid I report the biggest problems we currently have since long spawn screen, FPS loss, worst Lag, CTD keymapper... So I probably am more pissed than you especially because I loved some much 1.33 and was waiting for 1.34 to have the same effect of it, I planned to subscriber forever(I did) but also to invite friends since it should be a more stable game (I didn't cuz it isn't and not doing so made me look bad once.)

Also in my view the subscription drive it's not the best way to achieve the Funds it since the game is broke for all 32bit OS, Mac users and the multi-crew players and from all the bad lag.

So they should be asking for money for an investment plan, an idea, a goal instead of directly asking for players to subscribe for the game that has the status of a closed-beta game.

There are many apologies, honest answers and addresses CRS has to do for I to feel good about themselves this Christmas.

So do as me look beyond the human side and Devs in this game and swear alliance & support for WW2ol concept and future, less OT, more premium playing and more constructive posts is what I & you have left.

Edited by fxmkorp

I'm as frustrated as you are but from everything I know about making a game and especially a MMO it takes a lot of resources and if you don't get a specific level of these they will have no effect and will drain out.. You could raise 5000$ but if you needed 10000$ all those 5000$ would not allow you to do what you needed to pay/invest and would be drained by maintenance costs.

All of what you are seeing is the blowback from 1.34 and it could have been avoid I report the biggest problems we currently have since long spawn screen, FPS loss, worst Lag, CTD keymapper... So I probably am more pissed than you especially because I loved some much 1.33 and was waiting for 1.34 to have the same effect of it, I planned to subscriber forever(I did) but also to invite friends since it should be a more stable game (I didn't cuz it isn't and not doing so made me look bad once.)

Also in my view the subscription drive it's not the best way to achieve the Funds it since the game is broke for all 32bit OS, Mac users and the multi-crew players and from all the bad lag.

So they should be asking for money for an investment plan, an idea, a goal instead of directly asking for players to subscribe for the game that has the status of a closed-beta game.

There are many apologies, honest answers and addresses CRS has to do for I to feel good about themselves this Christmas.

So do as me look beyond the human side and Devs in this game and swear alliance & support for WW2ol concept and future, less OT, more premium playing and more constructive posts is what I & you have left.

could you still invite friends? so we get REALLY massive battles ;)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, game started fine with Beta - and I got in; BUT, all personas were locked and there was no name for "PERSONA: ", it was empty, so it didn't know it was me.

mac beta 1.35.0.5

So, it sort of worked, but I couldn't spawn into game world in any way.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread was originally started in July 2012 to announce the beta version of 35, something the entire community had already been waiting for some time to receive. 34 had become unplayable for many people because of the new demands it placed on everyone's hardware, especially in the vicinity of trees, or largish fights.

In the interval since some of us have been fortunate to be able to afford upgrades and have recently been looking at the game again. The number of players in-game feels like it is on the rise again. Campaign #100 being on the near horizon has something to do with that too and I have heard from several former squaddies that are making plans to return for that landmark map.

Appreciating fully that the Rats have had their challenges recently, is 35 in the cards for 100? Or better still 99 (to work out any new bugs that get introduced before the 'big map' begins).

S!

the process by which we will arrive at the ability to once again patch the game for new content is not able to be predicted in terms of "when" or "how long" ... we are working on it but it's not a simple thing under the current circumstances, so it remains unknown in terms of "time"

since we don't know how long any campaign will last (that is totally player controlled and quite variable in our experience) we cannot make predictions about that either

so I guess the answer is not exactly no (but probably) it's more "we shall have to see how it goes" and that truly is an unknown consideration right now

"we're working on it" doesn't say much in any detail but it is the truth, because we are

• 1 month later...

Cc Doc, keep up the gj. Would be nice to have 1.35 for sure, and i have faith we eventually will get there!