Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.34.11 Open BETA

XOOM

I get the following error when opening the Mac beta.

We were unable to find a patch file for your version of Battleground Europe. Please visit the Battleground Europe downloads page for the latest version.

running on OS X 10.9.5

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XOOM

• Kyotee

• Sudden

• delems

Mac Beta is not code signed correctly, it is signed with developers internal certificate "Mac Developer: Dave Carlton (33TC7NSLLR)" instead of "Developer ID Application: Playnet Inc (J63A54QWD2)" as it should be. As the result, gatekeeper in Mac OS X would complain and refuse to load it, until you use "righclick-open" trick

Binary is 32-bit i386 architecture, not the 64-bit x86_64 as modern Mac software should be.

Planet, you should really consider recompiling it for 64bit, it is not 2006, it is 2015 now and no one of your customer is running your game on 2006 macs (all macs released after 2007 are 64-bit capable).

okay lets see. the game works good for me.

then i was looking those textures.

- 38t looks pretty awesome!

but then.

- S35 looks a bit weird, frontal armor has different texture. and the rear of the turret tower, it looks like it has a big hole there and it is black inside the tank. like in some other tanks too, you cannot see inside the tank from infantry perspective.

SShot31_zps7m5jlq8i.png

SShot37_zpsbxwm5xkz.png

- i dont really know if most of those textures looks any different but stuka has this problem too.

i really like the interior of stuka now, but it looks a bit WORK IN PROGRESS from outside. here is comparison from day/night time.

SShot39_zpsyrpdqx8m.png SShot40_zps9o1ydtnu.png

-also the german ATG didnt look much different, at least the frontal shield didnt look different?

- i didnt see any difference in panhard textures too.

- or in p-39.

+ the active battles tab works fine! thats most important i think yet. but these textures should be fixed too

Edited by tomppeli2k

• CORNERED RAT

That black on the Souma is the "hatch" that's open - in RL that actually exists there...

souma.gif

Edited by b2k

That black on the Souma is the "hatch" that's open - in RL that actually exists there...

souma.gif

oh, okay i see.. maybe it should be "remodeled" then? :)

• CORNERED RAT
oh' date=' okay i see.. maybe it should be "remodeled" then? :)[/quote']

are you sure yours was closed in the screenshot? --in both of them it appears that the hatch is "open" - when closed that black patch isn't there. On your first Screenshot you can see the hatch door just behind the turret.

Edited by b2k

not working.

first d/l i put it on my storage drive

second d/l i put it on my main ssd drive

result is the same

windows also warns me to not run the app and i have to click on the more button to run anyway. Also tried running it as admin.

"Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted

Error 5 Access is denied"

I had to rt click download file, open properties and unblock the file.:confused:

I use a Mac. I downloaded the patch. It does not work. It's very frustrating not being able to get into the game. Too often this sort of thing happens, tired of so many errors. You can not do so.

Error advice:

"We were unable to find a patch file for your version of Battleground Europe. Battleground Europe Please visit the downloads page for the latest version".

On a mac, make sure that you are using the 'ww2beta' app to launch the game.

Clicking on the 'ww2beta' app (script) launches the game fine for me.

gl

On a mac, make sure that you are using the 'ww2beta' app to launch the game.

Clicking on the 'ww2beta' app (script) launches the game fine for me.

gl

huh. I do not have that launcher in my Applications folder or on the dmg.

I had to rt click download file' date=' open properties and unblock the file.:confused:[/quote']

thanks, i will try that

Still no luck. Whatever error 5 is in windows 10 it has something to do with permissions but so far no luck.

• CORNERED RAT

The new texture issues is a result of a build gone funky, those were working before and we should have them fixed up shortly for testing.

Mac users - here is a fix I did that made the online beta work on 2 of my machines:

- Extract the new World War ][ Online app from this thread (secondary server).

- rename the original WWIIOL client in Applications, or put it in a new folder somewhere. The original client doesn't seem to mind launching with a new name or directory, but the new beta script does not.

- Install the new app into Applications

- download this launch script into Applications (ww2beta.zip)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6oak510woxzoad/ww2beta.zip?dl=0

DOWNLOAD PASSWORD IS joinblitzkader ;););)

- unzip the 'ww2beta' app in the Applications directory

(was in the closed beta app package, and is what Dog3 was referring to)

- launch the 'ww2beta' app script, which will launch the new Beta login screen and allow you to join the beta.

Test this and see if you can get a successful connection. Right now the server is empty, so if this is not the public beta server perhaps this is a login to a test server. Either way, it's the only connection I've had to an online server that is with the new version, so perhaps that terminal script can be updated to point to the correct live open beta server address as a global Mac fix.

Mac users - here is a fix I did that made the online beta work on 2 of my machines:

- rename the original WWIIOL client in Applications, or put it in a new folder somewhere. The original client doesn't seem to mind launching with a new name or directory, but the new beta script does not.

- launch the 'ww2beta' app script, which will launch the new Beta login screen and allow you to join the beta.

Test this and see if you can get a successful connection. Right now the server is empty, so if this is not the public beta server perhaps this is a login to a test server. Either way, it's the only connection I've had to an online server that is with the new version, so perhaps that terminal script can be updated to point to the correct live open beta server address as a global Mac fix.

Nice work. This is working for me. As you said, no one in the server right now so I will have to check back when I know there's people in there.

I'm trying to get the beta fired up and followed these latest instructions - my only hiccup is that the 'ww2beta' app downloads - I put it in the applications folder and when I click on it, it won't unzip. It just hangs there...any ideas?

Running on an imac, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 10.10.4 OSX

This worked for me also. I was able to login into the Mac Beta Server.

iMac Info:

• iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
  • MAC OS: 10.10.3 (Yosemite)
  • Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB