Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.34.11 Open BETA

XOOM

huh. I do not have that launcher in my Applications folder or on the dmg.

Sorry about the delay responding. I've been a little busy.

The 1.34.11.3 dmg that I downloaded had three executables: 'World War ][ Online', 'ww2beta', and 'ww2livedev'. The main 'ww2beta' and 'ww2livedev' are just launcher scripts. I used the 'ww2beta' to login into the beta successfully. I didn't actually try the 'ww2livedev' so I don't know where you will end up if you use that.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XOOM

• Kyotee

• Sudden

• delems

• CORNERED RAT

New MAC build created, installers available as of Friday August 1st.

• CORNERED RAT
Missing MSVCR100.dll Hmmm

Not sure, looks like a microsoft issue: A quick google search shows several people have reported this error.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=MSVCR100.dll&oq=MSVCR100.dll&gs_l=hp.3..0l10.343.343.0.603.2.2.0.0.0.0.69.114.2.2.0....0...1.2.64.hp..1.1.68.0.YNEDCzPSFQo

msvcr100.dll + another one which pops up after that is included in current 1.34.10 install tho - just copied the whole dschingderassabum over to the beta folder and all fine & working now

so is the textures fixed? should i redownload it to see real final textures of for example 50mm pak? :D

• CORNERED RAT
so is the textures fixed? should i redownload it to see real final textures of for example 50mm pak? :D

Known issue, being worked on.

Just tried the mac beta again, the 2 key issues I'm aware of, placing way points, and CMD-H out of game and back, both still don't work.

Windows 10 after Updating to Nvidia Windows 10 Driver "Side Screen Viewing Area" Login Issue solved. Waverip said to enable high scale dpi in compatability settings in exe file. All Good now.

DD min range issue till persists?

I checked all manual files and all seemed ok

Ju52 now sets off aws mostly.

No lag behind location and AWS on enemy map during TZ3.

Fr and Brit Mortar and Thompson 1929 SMG sounds are more metallic.

German mortar and luger don't sound any different.

AMT tab is a great addition

I couldn't see any new textures yet.

US Morris Gun Tractor, M5A2 3" gun, M1 57mm gun, Bofors and 25mm MLE all set off aws at 3km or so

New Engineer charges do about 5.5% damage now so need 18 + 9 for normal FB.

HC tools seem ok.

I capped the north of England ok with no issues. (In TZ3 lol)

Over and out and carry on lol

Edited by a64m

Major problems on Beta download MAC (my second account). Im using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and i have system info and pics of problems for you to see on buketlist link here

http://s927.photobucket.com/user/Hastien/library/?sort=3&page=1

1. On live game download (non beta) the game Mac will no longer trust and unpack correctly into applications. Had to go to system and set to allow all. Icon looks like far left on pic. I can get into game but controller wont recognize and the button are doing keyboard functions.

2. beta installs correctly like it should. It installs 2 applications, and one jpeg (pic). When i DC on the ww2 icon i get trust issue when trying to launch then sends me to billing and account with error. The robot with pipe sends me to beta server. can play but controller problems again. I dont put arrow jpeg in applications. This didnt exist until beta download. Ive even uninstalled all ww2 apps and did just live server with same result as above. This is my second account. Hast is login. You have my permission to contact me for Password or you can remote in if you want to see whats going on. Thanks and good luck!

• CORNERED RAT

when you click the "training" tab at the top, it's missing the "click" sound like the rest of the tabs.

When looking at the popup "Help" menu, the "Mobile Spawn" section talks about the truck symbol when instead its a check box.

The Active Battles tab is missing a popup "Help" menu

The "Arrow" for the popup "Help" menu for the "Manual" tab is on the "Squad" tab instead of the manual tab

Edited by SNIPER62

had to upgrade system to yosemite.

Cannot get on beta server nor load up bge website now, have to use links to forums.

That being said.

Tested the US Stu and Sherman 75 and stopped in discust. What I first encountered was horrible dispersion. I figured mb it was me so then after 4 restarts of the game and shooting at the targets I came up with a solution to make sure I was not FKn up. I made very careful adjustments, took my hand off of the JS and pinched the trigger to make sure no movement on the JS interfered with the shot. I even held my breath.

ONCE established a control with no mistake.

First and foremost the most obvious issues.

Grabbed the stu and took it to the firing range. Rolled up on the 100m range. fired 5 shots. Carefully placing the piper on the center of the target. Zeroed the 100m shot hit upper left of center, for 1 round. Second round hit the lower inside 3rd ring. 3rd shot hit just above the first round to the right of it but close enough. 4th shot second ring above right. 5th shot hit the white between the 2nd and 3rd ring. 100m!!!!!! how can it be so off!!

Second set, first target on range. First shot hit the outside 3rd ring to the right with the sites again dead center dot. second and 3rd shot hit right center just above the the center red dot. 4th shot hit just inside right of second ring from center, upper right.

5th shot just left of 4th shot.

Third set. first shot hit low of center just hitting the second red ring, slightly right. Second shot bullseye. Red dot. 3rd shot just above bullseye to the right. 4th shot, upper right of the the second white ring just touching third red ring. 5th shot, hitting white ring mostly upper right of center touching 3rd red ring very close to the 4th shot.

Next set, 200m. First shot, did not hit target at all. Second shot hit low second ring form bulls eye directly below. 3rd shot hit just above bullseye to the right, 4th was inches above 3rd shot. 5th shot, outside 3rd ring.

Did a second set at 200m, this time zero shots actually hit the bullseye at all, first 3 where just outside right of center dot, 4th hit low right 3rd ring. 5th hit upper right second red ring piercing the outer right white ring.

Next I did the S75. 100m 4 out of the first five shots are just right high... so that tells me its not centered but the 5th shot was low, just outside the 3 red ring with the site set at the same mark. How is it that the dispersion can be so off at 100m that the 5th shot hits OUTSIDE the 3rd red ring.

Second test, 200m target. 1st shot did not even hit the berm behind the target, instead it hit the ground infront of the target. Second shot hit to the right AGAIN between the 2nd and third red rings. 3rd shot bullseye, lower left side of circle. 4-5 shots hit the lower center left and 2nd upper right of the red dot.

These tanks are the ones I tested. The accuracy is horrifying. The dispersion is akin to the hip shots from the bren gun. They are wildly inconsistent, and this is just at 100 and 200m. I stopped there in disgust. There is something terribly wrong.

Each shot was very carefully centered.. I mean carefully centered to the exact aim point the squeezed off to make sure I did not move my JS. I was pinching my trigger even. Even if distance was inaccurate the shot placement should be consistent but it is NOT.

Horrible horrible first experience, this is what I have experienced in game at ranges consistent if the targets where 500-800 meters, not 100-200 meters.

EDIT: Did the test again after thinking a bit harder, this time with 20 shots.

The end result was that the majority of both the 100 and 200 m shots patterned close to the bullseye.

100m the pattern showed low right of center bulls eye inside the first white ring to the 2nd white ring with 3 to 4 strays, one going below the the third ring, who knows why.

200m the majority hit just upper right inside the second ring mostly with 3-4 strays of bullseye. One of the strays however hit outside the 3rd red ring to the far upper right, one missed the target completely.

My mistake was limiting to 5 shots... but however that is cogent when your in ambush position.. shot placement is paramount at close range.

Gonna check the M10 and S76 next.

Edited by stankyus

After checking the S76 and M10 they seem consistent to what is in game already. M10 seems to have low dispersion and so does the S76. Ill address the offset later with the Tiger.

20 round check.

Both AFVs are not centered to target though. All rounds are just right of aim point at both 100m and 200m. Just a tad high right. None on aim point. The majority hitting the second red ring just outside the bullseye. The m10 was harder to tell, it looked like more rounds where in the the second white ring over the S76. Both where high though for a 100m aim point. 200m aim point did not look too dissimilar.

So I jumped into the tiger. Tiger has very tight groups however its just a tad low right. I did manage a bullseye but with only one out of 20 with the majority in the lower right first white ring. What was obvious is that it was not centered to 100m but similar to the M10 and S76. What more noticeable was that the shot placement was closer to the center target. The close in accuracy was more precise.

That being said, the aim point and round at such a close relationship especially with the Tigers easier site and range adjustment should be PIN POINT accuracy at 100m and 200m - thats why its adjustable. Not low right. The optics are offset, however the aim point and OPTIC aim point should account for the offset. Not like the Tiger needs it but it should not be an issue, it should be a given.

Edited by stankyus

Odd issue. I click on the playgate in my beta folder and it launches to the main server. Is beta not available to free play?

Installer information updated.

S! Im using mac and downloaded .1010. I can't go online, but i can go offline. My Joystik ( Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel ) dosen't work it's,typing- Escape key ?

Can someone please share where these Mac download links are? Lots of people are talking about them but I have no idea where they are. Thanks.

Can someone please share where these Mac download links are? Lots of people are talking about them but I have no idea where they are. Thanks.

We are still screwed on the Mac side. No download yet. Can't play. Geeetttttingggg....ANNGGGRRYY!

The link where the download is: http://www.battlegroundeurope.net/getting-started

But, as you see it's still "Pending".

We are still screwed on the Mac side. No download yet. Can't play. Geeetttttingggg....ANNGGGRRYY!

The link where the download is: http://www.battlegroundeurope.net/getting-started

But, as you see it's still "Pending".

As stated before once we get the server up and running the MAC build will be put up. There is a new one built but attention is on the server for the moment.

Yeah, we just have to wait a little bit longer for everything to work, with no beta server to play on. Life in minority is harder. :)