Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

P38 50 cal kill on Tiger

dm79

P38 kill though the side of the Tiger hull killing the driver first(1) then hull mg (4) then the gunner and hitting the ammo to cause lid to come off! No way that was though the turret before anyone even thinks about saying that de to which crew died in which order.

Edited by dm79

• dm79 changed the title to P38 50 cal kill on Tiger
1 minute ago, halsey said:

Killed you through your CO hatch.. perfect line up

New that was coming nope! watch which crew get hit first.

2 minutes ago, halsey said:

Killed you through your CO hatch.. perfect line up

At that angle? Calling MASSIVE BS on that. 

• Like 1

Maybe, If there is an armor  leak it should be fixed, but you don't need much angle to get bullets into the fighting compartment on the tiger

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

gotta love the ping, explains plenty....

Except hits are calculated client side, 

Try again...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

gotta love the ping, explains plenty....

That's what you get for playing in the UK, i assume you are insinuating thats some how affects my ability in game either as a benefit to me or disadvantage to others, this was also prior to my getting fibre to my house. You don't know me don't make accusations please! You are also a mod and should know better!

Edited by dm79
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Except hits are calculated client side, 

Try again...

Sorry to burst ya bubble. The no 2 dies first. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, goreblimey said:

Sorry to burst ya bubble. The no 2 dies first. 

Sorry to make you look ridiculous, but the #2 dies first, it should because #2 IS EXPOSED.  

Then, wait for it...the DRIVER #1...The GUNNER #3 last. 

Try and keep up. Or at least don't try and derail legitimate threads with your trolling. 

5 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Are you stupid ?

Can you explain the vagaries of shot bouncing around a tank, or at least CRS version of that. Maybe sometimes [censored] just happens. 

Ahh falling back on the [censored] happens wtf moment already out of possible explanations, any way thank you for your lack of input, but not for you it's for the Rats to look and and work out if its right or not, i am just reporting it, now feel free to go troll another thread, to think they give people like you mod rights what are they thinking!

Edited by dm79
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Wait, maybe Halsey was using the magic JFK bullet that hit everything and didn't even deform

Unless this is an older video, it wasn't me.  I had one flight since friday.  In my experience though, I cannot kill a buttoned up tiger at any angle or range with anything but the hurri2d

• CORNERED RAT
On 1/17/2022 at 5:07 PM, dm79 said:

P38 kill though the side of the Tiger hull killing the driver first(1) then hull mg (4) then the gunner and hitting the ammo to cause lid to come off! No way that was though the turret before anyone even thinks about saying that de to which crew died in which order.

looks like your #2 dies 1st, Then (I'd suspect as there are no logs and nothing from the shooters side) additional rounds (or even the same one that killed your #2), enter through the top hatch, ricochet and kill other crew members, or find ammo with enough energy left to set it off (and blow the thing). 

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2022 at 5:59 PM, B2K said:

looks like your #2 dies 1st, Then (I'd suspect as there are no logs and nothing from the shooters side) additional rounds (or even the same one that killed your #2), enter through the top hatch, ricochet and kill other crew members, or find ammo with enough energy left to set it off (and blow the thing). 

100% this is exactly what is going on. Soon as that hatch opens you are vulnerable to air.

• Haha 2

On 1/17/2022 at 5:59 PM, B2K said:

I would say the angle does not indicate that likely, there is at least 2 sec gap between the commander kill and the driver kill, that round is not going to take 2 secs to bounce around and hit the driver while missing al other crew below the turret hatch.

I agree rounds got in the tank but its just not too low to be the commanders hatch you can even see the angle after the tank blows up hitting the floor though the tank.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KEMPI said:

100% this is exactly what is going on. Soon as that hatch opens you are vulnerable to air.

Agreed if the AOE is higher  or on a slope, also if it comes in though that hatch how's it miss both other turret crew and hit the driver?

• Thanks 1

It looks like crew members 1,3 and 5 died as a result of the ammo cooking off to me. Don't know about #4

• Haha 1

• CORNERED RAT
13 minutes ago, dm79 said:

I would say the angle does not indicate that likely, there is at least 2 sec gap between the commander kill and the driver kill, that round is not going to take 2 secs to bounce around and hit the driver while missing al other crew below the turret hatch.

I agree rounds got in the tank but its just not too low to be the commanders hatch you can even see the angle after the tank blows up hitting the floor though the tank.

1,3,5 all died when you blew.   The rounds from the aircraft most likely cooked your ammo, blowing your tank, which killed the remaining crew (which is why they all report at the same time).  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, halsey said:

It looks like crew members 1,3 and 5 died as a result of the ammo cooking off to me. Don't know about #4

That could be a possibility but the ammo is in the hull side and would require the ammo to go through the hull side which is what it looks like.Capture_316.jpg

full?d=1521492986

For reference so a round came through the hatch above the commanders head in this cut out, managed to miss everyone in the turret then managed to hit the ammo which is stored just above the cut out above the tracks.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, halsey said:

I believe tiger carried several rounds of ready ammo in the turret, but I could be wrong.

Not ammo boxes in this game, same as the ready rounds in the side of the m10 turret. But believe you are correct historically.

8 minutes ago, tater said:

Any chance it was hit by something else while distracted by the P-38?

Nope i checked that after.

DE Army Jan 07 14:44 - 15:03 hack22 (US P-38F) Waterloo Waterloo-SW Brussels FB Defense Tiger 9 4 9 0 MIA 18