Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

P38 50 cal kill on Tiger

dm79

11 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

I just now did a leak test on the tiger. No leaks.

May I suggest, to be absolutely sure, that they all be sunk off the coast of Boz, and left there for a few weeks?

<ever helpful hopeful> ;)

• Registered Users
3 minutes ago, fidd said:

May I suggest, to be absolutely sure, that they all be sunk off the coast of Boz, and left there for a few weeks?

<ever helpful hopeful> ;)

I know this is in jest, and that's ok :) We do actually have a leak test tool that a few of us have access too that checks that there are no gaps or holes in the damage model

3 hours ago, Kidd27 said:

Although it does not appear to be the appropriate angle for rounds to get through the hatch, 3rd person view will be skewed.

Ive killed stugs and tigers with the hatch open strafing. I have not got a kill if buttoned up.

The only conceivable reasons for these events is that hatches on axis tanks are rather bigger targets owing the fat-headed geometry of your average Hun, which when combined with the empty skull, causes no further impediment to the rounds passage inside the Tiger/Stug towards the ammunition stowage.

Obvious really. 

7 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

I know this is in jest, and that's ok :) We do actually have a leak test tool that a few of us have access too that checks that there are no gaps or holes in the damage model

I'm guessing you only tested one of them.

You can't be too careful you know, prolonged immersion, I fear, is called for.

3 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

No, we are looking into this beyond a open hatch. 

Appreciate hearing that and the effort that takes so thank you and anyone helping.

One thing Zeke if you have a tool for leaks how did older leak problems slip though or get missed in the past?

22 hours ago, dm79 said:

P38 kill though the side of the Tiger hull killing the driver first(1) then hull mg (4) then the gunner and hitting the ammo to cause lid to come off! No way that was though the turret before anyone even thinks about saying that de to which crew died in which order.

Yes it's true, I confirm. The p38f can kill tiger easily. Ask Mandrill to tips :)

• Like 1

• Registered Users
3 minutes ago, dm79 said:

Appreciate hearing that and the effort that takes so thank you and anyone helping.

One thing Zeke if you have a tool for leaks how did older leak problems slip though or get missed in the past?

We went years without anyone that could work on the models. Last years or so, as time has allowed, they've been fixed for leaks. 

1 hour ago, OLDZEKE said:

We went years without anyone that could work on the models. Last years or so, as time has allowed, they've been fixed for leaks. 

That would say they were found but you were unable to fix them, reality means expectation i suppose.

7 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

I just now did a leak test on the tiger. No leaks.

That's exactly what bmbm told me about the matty CS blowing up to 20mm frontally.  Repeatedly told me I was wrong, until I had to go replicate it and video it myself.   I told him the conditions it was happening in, and I got told I was wrong.

Guess what? I wasn't wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, vicfranko said:

That's exactly what bmbm told me about the matty CS blowing up to 20mm frontally.  Repeatedly told me I was wrong, until I had to go replicate it and video it myself.   I told him the conditions it was happening in, and I got told I was wrong.

Guess what? I wasn't wrong. 

Thank you !

I experienced this many times. even when you show videos or exact manuals how to replicate ... they say it isn't true. once the pressure is too high from community they start to test and voila !!! replicated and finally ticketed !!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:33 PM, OLDZEKE said:

No, we are looking into this beyond a open hatch. 

How did it go, assume you found nothing or you would have said or you guys taking a deeper look?

• Registered Users

Assumptions are not always your best bet. I can't always give a blow by blow account of inner workings. Also there have been some pretty unhelpful posts with apparent innuendo aimed at me. So while I'd like to keep those truly interested as imformed as I can I don't need the negativity (Not aimed at you DM79). I do what I do at CRS for free, my time freely given. It can add up to more time per week than I did working for real. That's ok as it keeps my mind engaged and active and keeps me occupied. But I'm gonna leave these forums to someone else for a while.

10 minutes ago, Kidd27 said:

end thread...

There's no need to end the thread. Just a reminder perhaps to people to keep it constructive and respectful. 

1 hour ago, OLDZEKE said:

Assumptions are not always your best bet. I can't always give a blow by blow account of inner workings. Also there have been some pretty unhelpful posts with apparent innuendo aimed at me. So while I'd like to keep those truly interested as imformed as I can I don't need the negativity (Not aimed at you DM79). I do what I do at CRS for free, my time freely given. It can add up to more time per week than I did working for real. That's ok as it keeps my mind engaged and active and keeps me occupied. But I'm gonna leave these forums to someone else for a while.

Understood, i have to assume as i have nothing else to go on, don't sweat it, if there is an issue and its not found or fixed it's only a game at the end of the day.

43 minutes ago, Kidd27 said:

end thread...

More of a pause imo, but others can dip out at anytime they want, i don't expect community input as they have the same data set to work with as i do.