Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6101 - Vehicle Update Issues (rotating tanks, invisible players, map icon issues)

ezrelay

Packets.....The new delivery system? Fewer/smaller packets compared to larger/slower ones? I would bet it has something to do with it. I mean it did change with 1.34 if I recall.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OLDZEKE

• GOPHUR

• PITTPETE

• dertod

Top Posters In This Topic

I second this request. It's a major bug that has a huge impact on gameplay and seems to be pretty deep in the code throughout the game.

Invisible buildings, EI, FBs, no death animation, rotating and floating vehicles, turrets pointed the wrong way...it's all related in my opinion.

Update

We were just running around testing our new tank scenario for China and we got this bug. Tanks rolling around or zipping across the ground. This is definitely lost updates. And you know what I always say about what happens when we can replicate a bug eh?

*fingers crossed*

I'll know more before the weekend. Gophur on the hunt.

Surely the client doesn't only update the server when there is an input to update? It must be sending regular "hello" packets to confirm it is still alive and well. Isn't it? Please tell me it is.

There is a potential fix for this issue in now.

Please update this thread if you continue to see this problem occur.

From my experience, there has been a big improvement since the server restart a couple of days ago.

That's the one.

Need more reports. Yes Pittpete I'm calling you out son!

Seriously guys, sorry for the long no-update. But pete, you know that I don't need to say "I don;t know how to fix it." If I knew how to fix it it would be fixed!

Thanks for all of the help so far on this one guys. Now let's report that we haven;t seen this anymore or we still see this a lot.

I have been looking out for this.....pleased to say i haven't seen any of the vehicle problems in days.

Still getting some bad infantry lag, but i guess that's a different issue(s).

Edited by bigrow

• Free Play Account

Just an update Gophur and company...

Lately I hav'nt noticed the vehicle update problem(turrets snapping to ur position,sinking tanks and warping vehicles)

Map icons seem to be fine as well as squaddies showing up on the maps.

Problem still lies with close quarter combat.

Hard to tell if the invisible EI problem is still around because I get killed on a regular basis by EI i never see and just hear after Im allready dead.

Also lets say an EI is 100 meters from you and on the run, if you shoot him he keeps running for a second or two and then dies.

• 2 months later...

I think this will be fixed in 1.35 but tough to test. What's the staqtus of this on live?

• 1 month later...

I like to multi-crew a tank with a friend. Often we blow up and don't know why. We think maybe it's a sneaky EI, but when we look at the AAR, it says killed by "-". Why does it not give a name of who killed us? Is there a bug with multi-crewing where we blow up for no reason?

Edited by dtrain

Last night in Remagen, I was killed by a walking rifle...it turned out to be ARRADIN! When I fired, my bullet hit the wall behind the gun (I may have missed though, I am rubbish at this game - I do love it though) A second later, the rifle fires and I am dead! It was in the SE CP.

There were a lot of people in the town but this is frustrating. We had a 75 sec spawn delay at the time.

I like to multi-crew a tank with a friend. Often we blow up and don't know why. We think maybe it's a sneaky EI' date=' but when we look at the AAR, it says killed by "-". Why does it not give a name of who killed us? Is there a bug with multi-crewing where we blow up for no reason?[/quote']

"-" is usually a non player or the scoring system hasn't yet decided. It can also mean you killed yourself which would be rare unless a bug.