Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6101 - Vehicle Update Issues (rotating tanks, invisible players, map icon issues)

ezrelay

• Registered Users

Doc, I'm trying to sort it out as well. I think I've usualy seen it when in realy heavy battle areas....Hitting vizlist hard but can't be sure thats a factor. I know the vid was taken at a ab camp with realy heavy numbers in a small area.

I had my players viz setting at med, set it to high to see if that appears to make a difference.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OLDZEKE

• GOPHUR

• PITTPETE

• dertod

Top Posters In This Topic

A simmilar thing happens when deploying a bofors in the spawn garage/tent.

The Gun goes up on its rear wheel like a dragster, but slowly.

If you let it continue, it will poke the barrel out through the roof of tent/garage

It is unrecoverable. Need to respawn and deploy at least half way outside tent or garage

• Registered Users
A simmilar thing happens when deploying a bofors in the spawn garage/tent.

The Gun goes up on its rear wheel like a dragster, but slowly.

If you let it continue, it will poke the barrel out through the roof of tent/garage

It is unrecoverable. Need to respawn and deploy at least half way outside tent or garage

That is a clipping issue, totaly different from this.

Oh, this is unknown behavior? It's been that way since beta and I thought everyone knows. It happens while moving too, maybe when the player does no input, have seen many a tiger roll over while moving.

Doc, I'm trying to sort it out as well. I think I've usualy seen it when in realy heavy battle areas....Hitting vizlist hard but can't be sure thats a factor. I know the vid was taken at a ab camp with realy heavy numbers in a small area.

I had my players viz setting at med, set it to high to see if that appears to make a difference.

Spot on here. Just happened in Wells alittle while ago with alot of players around as well as Achen last night. Move to an FB with few players it doesnt seem to show itself. Move back toa large concentration of players and sure enough if they sit still long enough the waltz starts. This is to include ALL units ingame...infantry included.

First indicator is a huge drop in frame rates.....and sure enough if a player simply sits still with out putting any input to his/her controls, it starts.

Very bizarre, as I've had it happen (and witnessed it) while very much alone or just driving a truck/232 between cities.

hesdoingabackflip.png

flyingtoheaven.png

Some choice screenshots.

I've got a question though. I have had 3 CTD's in the time i've played this game (2 years) and yet when I do the network routing it always time's out. Something up here?

that flying tank has a track blown off so he might have despawned just as he was blown up causing him to continue to move upwards as he despawned out for the 10 sec

sshot158.jpg

Tank flying, but the player did not appear to know he was flying. Could it be that only I could see this ? If I see this again, I will ask if someone else there sees the same object flying.

After this I did saw the tank fire and return to the ground.

His tread looks damaged... might we have a common occurance here? Something about how treads are interacting with the ground? Especially with some people reporting it occurring when tanks move but not when they're stopped.

• Registered Users
hesdoingabackflip.png

flyingtoheaven.png

Some choice screenshots.

I've got a question though. I have had 3 CTD's in the time i've played this game (2 years) and yet when I do the network routing it always time's out. Something up here?

It will always time out, it hits the firewall at CRS. Always been that the last hop timed out as the server rejects pings.

I think what we have here is a player who has lost connection to the host. But why the stick to ground code isn't working baffles me.

Next time you see a guy doing this do a .who or a .pinfo or a .m to him. See what he sees.

Hell send a bunch of .m to gophur3crs if I'm on I'll try and get there.

Interesting point about the multi crew. I'm going to merge this with the sticky.

MrBlue I understand your frustration. Trust me I do. Connection issues are usually our issue not the customers and we recognize that. Hang tight brother, we're working on it and with the help of our players which is not only the only way we can find these things it is ofter the best way to find these things.

Edited by GOPHUR

• Registered Users

Gophur, when I've seen & told squadies on TS, "you are doing the slow roll" they always say everything seems ok their end.

I did'nt see any instance of this last night....I had changed visable players from med to high but no idea of that's even tied in yet. Was not in a high player/pop area last night.

I'm gonna set the players vis back to med. If I start seeing slow rollers I'll try both high and low to see if that seting may be tied to this.

I see it a lot with pretty much every vehicle. I would bet it's the same root problem as incorrect turret pointing. An aside which might help... I was riding into town on the back of a truck as rifle. There were a bunch of us on the truck plus one ATG, we were all joking because each of us was seeing completely different stuff, some of us thought we were driving underground, some were hovering, etc. The problems always seem to sort them selves out... eventually. It could take a few seconds or a few minutes though.

a0f9a7ec.jpg

Edited by Stu

Not sure STU. These guys that are pointing oddly I'm thinking are disconnected. Need to try and talk to one.

The turret facing the wrong way is probably a missing state update which honestly could also be the above but would be my second guess.

I do have to say this picture is actually kinda cool. Looks like the FMB has JATO's or is part of the Battlestar Galactica waterfleet and it is lifting off.

a0f9a7ec.jpg

I have a video of a rotating AA gun if it's any help?

Tried a .m and got no reply, but not everyone always replies... After rotating for 1-2 minutes he resumed normal gameplay like he had never been in Cirque du Soleil.

• 3 weeks later...

My personal favorite isn't the flying tanks-seen that plenty of times. My personal favorite is the Stuart, sliding past on it's nose, doing at least 70mph PAST my position, making me think it's destroyed, then Suddenly, from behind, where there was No Enemy Vehicle, that SAME Stuart slams a round into my engine and does a 1 shot kill on my 3h-when he wasn't there 30 seconds before and i had my #2 out Watching and listening. When a Tank gets within 100m of you if you can't see or hear it coming, which i didn't, you have to be deaf or AFK. I was neither. In several other games i've played, there's a "Warp" or "Teleport" that allows players to do similar things-i'm starting to wonder if thier new hack is conflicting or causing the game to glitch for other people?

Best result-find out there's no real hack operating to ruin the game.

Worst result? There's some dufus out there stat padding on his new "Toy" to the detriment of the rest of us, causing the entire game to have issues.

:rolleyes:

Gophur,

I still see it on a daily basis. Last night saw a couple churches, Stu, cmle, and 17#dr doing the slow rotate. Once they fire they would slowly rotate back to normal, don't think I ever saw one driving in the turned position.

Doesn't matter if I am on for 5 minutes or 5 hrs, see randomly throughout play.

I hate the turret instant rotation bug ,but is not only with tank turret is happening with inf also, happen to me few time this week, i aim at ei , he look east of me then tadaaa he instant turn and kill me in 0.1 sec , just like turret tank bug...very bad

Very good to know, sir-esp since it's costing a lot of us in game. Had a Sherm over 1/2 into the ground n of namur, sapped him, nothing happend except he suddenly ran backward at 40Mph, then stopped on top of my body and slowly moved forward untouched. saw 2 more sherms go from dead stop to 200m away doing high speed and i was getting 43FPS, so i wasn't lagging much if any.