Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6101 - Vehicle Update Issues (rotating tanks, invisible players, map icon issues)

ezrelay

I see it all the time, if something goes stationery, it starts to get funky, prob related to the shooting someone, then they freeze, then just disappear bug...Which im also still getting frequently, more than not actually...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OLDZEKE

• GOPHUR

• PITTPETE

• dertod

Top Posters In This Topic

I have following settings:

Network Route = Primary

Visibility limit = low

... and see this bug a lot

BUT (as many reported)

Only when lot of players in the same area.

My 2 cents on this would be that something is not synchronized

Call is on you Gophur, but I would recommend people report what connection settings they use when being the one seeing the bug, and maybe we could get a report from someone that "flew" which settings they used.

Was battling in Buzancy today. Had 4 Shermans go decide they wanted to dig into the ground, and then start digging sideways. Had to wait until they fired something to get the update that told me where they were. Was very nerve-wracking to hide in a bush across from a sherman while I watched him hover around like he had some anti-gravity treads, then watch him fire once and warp -whoosh- back to his position. This was probably with 10? 15? players a side in the area. No planes.

• 2 weeks later...
3H poiting in the air facing 1 direction....his machine gun shot me......i was not in the air above him. Come on!!!

yeah, that's what "proves" its a third-person view problem.

On his screen (where you are killed) he isn't floating or pointing up in the air, or anything else. It's the updates of his position you are not receiving on your client that cause the bug ... what you see is not what your opponent sees.

Invisible ei - and all the rest of it - appears to be same issue ...

Watched an ATG doing slo-mo back flips in front of me; asked him if he realized he was moving, he didn't think he was.

Later I spawned an ATG and it didn't look like I was spinning either, but I did noticed my gun barrel seems to float up so I can't see over it anymore. Basically I can't point N and look N at the same time. So, I pointed W then I could see N.

Something still funny. As for tanks, yes they still flip on the ground too, but I haven't seen any float lately.

i've seen it friendly and enemy. I've seen them down, up, i've seen complete flips, seen them warp into the ground then reappear a few seconds later. I've mostly seen it with Tanks lately, but have seen some guns.

A few of my ALLFOR squaddies and I have noticed that we disappear from the screen and the minimap when we are guarding CPs and not moving for any prolonged period.

We reappear in firing.

Today saw an ei prone near a wall he was not seeing me I tried to approach them from behind but i was shot and he instantaneously was facing me, so his movement was not updating while he was prone.

This was a real PITA I could had killed far away but since on my game he was looking I decided to try to use my knife...

Today saw an ei prone near a wall he was not seeing me I tried to approach them from behind but i was shot and he instantaneously was facing me, so his movement was not updating while he was prone.

This was a real PITA I could had killed far away but since on my game he was looking I decided to try to use my knife...

THIS happen to me too, very Bad bug, this need to be fixed right now and not in months, if the majors bugs like that are not fixed in this month, i will cancel my sub, played for 8 years. 1.34 dont wan me to play this game anymore.

• Free Play Account

Yes, this is a pretty ugly bug that needs fixing

Experienced this on Wednesday night.

S35 started sinking headfirst into the ground after watching it for a few minutes.As I watched, the turret never moved and then blam dead.

Also saw an enemy ATG start sinking half in the ground the same night.

Never had any CTD's or any connection problems.

This bug hit me last night with an AI tower. I peeked around a corner and could see an AI tower facing away from me. I was about to pull out my binocs to look more closely when tracers came streaming at me and the AI gunner instantly was facing me. No chance to even move and I was dead on the second shot.

• Free Play Account
A few of my ALLFOR squaddies and I have noticed that we disappear from the screen and the minimap when we are guarding CPs and not moving for any prolonged period.

Blitzkader experienced this last night.

At 1 point we had 5 squaddies in a cp in Watten and only one showed on the minimap or the theatermap.

At least 10 in town and only 2 on the maps.

A squaddie in a plane was flying over and he didnt show on map either.

I have screenshots if anyone from CRS needs them.

It hurts the ground game not being able to tell whos capping/recapping what.

Is there any confirmation that these issues are being worked on or even experienced by CRS?

Please give us some feedback on

-the tank turret issues

-tanks and atgs flipping and sinking

-invisible ei

-friendlies not showing up on maps

Just an acknowledgement is all we ask, please.

Also anything we can test or help with?

Edited by Pittpete

Yep, I had missing people on map too; also ei looking one way, I aim then he snaps to me when he shoots. So, the idle state is not working correct, same as for tank turrets.

• Free Play Account

01-04-2012 01:52 PM

GOPHUR

Thanks for the update. Wanted to make sure the ticket was current. This is top of the list.

Throw us a bone, please.

Just a "coders are working on it,we have it narrowed down,we have no clue,we never saw it,we don't care"

Just resubbed last month and this is a gamestopper.

Please dont overlook this sticky again with a

" What's the current status of this bug. What's the frequency?"

My intentions are not to anger but to get some feedback on an issue going on for almost (3) months now

Edited by Pittpete

Blitzkader experienced this last night.

At 1 point we had 5 squaddies in a cp in Watten and only one showed on the minimap or the theatermap.

At least 10 in town and only 2 on the maps.

A squaddie in a plane was flying over and he didnt show on map either.

I have screenshots if anyone from CRS needs them.

It hurts the ground game not being able to tell whos capping/recapping what.

Is there any confirmation that these issues are being worked on or even experienced by CRS?

Please give us some feedback on

-the tank turret issues

-tanks and atgs flipping and sinking

-invisible ei

-friendlies not showing up on maps

Just an acknowledgement is all we ask, please.

Also anything we can test or help with?

That list just about nails it...

Throw in:

EI that freeze when shot and then blink out

Ded EI that slide all over the place

Honestly does any of the developers play the game they created?

Very sad to these bugs still ingame months later.

All this bugs need to be fixed now, how many more months they gonna need ???

Instan turret turn bug.

Instan inf turn bug.

Inf freeze when dead bug.

Inf slide on ground when dead.

The instan go prone position with no animation.

more.

They made 1.34 in 1 year and half and is not even finished, they can't get american and new rifle yet in server ,they wasted time in the Rapid assault thing not finished too....

Funny thing is 1.34 was suposed to have better netcode but is worse and worse, 1,33 was better with out this bugs.