Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

#6101 - Vehicle Update Issues (rotating tanks, invisible players, map icon issues)

ezrelay

SShot319.jpg

SShot318.jpg

These were takin tonight 11/21/11.

What was really wierd is when this player stood up and moved around...he was tilted on a 45 degree angle. Once he went prone I snapped the pics.

-------------

SShot314.jpg

SShot278.jpg

Nothing to explain here

-------------

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OLDZEKE

• GOPHUR

• PITTPETE

• dertod

Top Posters In This Topic

SShot277.jpg

And this poor SOB was running in wtf mid air until I shot'em :)

---------------------

---------

Guess whos back.....

SShot305.jpg

---

Shooting enemies and they just instantly freeze....some times they dont rag doll and if running sometimes they hit the dirt and slid like they are on ice.

--

Tank turrets facing away from you and then all of a sudden you are taking fire and the turret has whipped around and is facing you.

---

Some others just cant think of them at this very moment...ctd'ed 6 times to night with no error code numbers...bink right to the desh top.

-----

Very choppy game play as well.

-----

I know this probably not enough to pin point anything.....but there is some really weird stuff goin on since this patch.

Hope you guys nail these things ded. It at times can be very frustrating as I am sure you guys are having hair pulling moments as well.

S! ez

This happens alot to me while going tank vs tank especially at long medium ranges yesterday I saw 4 churchs pointing to the sky and some even lifting off from the ground XD

This crap right here is what Im TOTALLY sick of....Observe---> 5 of us storm bunker, I chucked a nade in first, blew up, we ran in, ALL of us lit this dude up on the way in.....we all get in and hes still standing there so of course Im obligated to shoot him repeatedly cuz AS WE ALL KNOW, after this recent 'patch' they aint dead until they disappear. I dont know how many times Ive been killed 3-5 seconds after 'killing' and ei...

sshot7vx.png

sshot11l.png

sshot13l.png

And then of course this BS right here. Really guys, its just us, Buy more RAM and this wont happen....

sshot1nkp.png

A lot of time i see tank on vertical position and turn upside or downside slowly...i was near a sherman tonight,he was on vertical position like ,i was thinking ho he lag so i can sprint to my other cover position then 2 sec later he fire at me with his tank inversed position(turret on ground and track upside)...wt.f i don't have picture but in another topic someone posted picture. plz fix this super bug

dertod were you an Atr tonight when this happened? I think I Saw the same thing you did, I was an engineer and tried to sap the tracks and I think you put a heat on him. Immediately after that he started that slow back to forward slow rotation. I thought he despawned after a few minutes...

Yes that was me but is not this sherman i was talking about, this one was normal but he despawned before my satchel go boom..

These were taken on 11/29/2011. When the tank stopped it began to roate rearward, but once it began to move forward the model gradually returned to normal.

ww22011-11-2915-03-28-83.jpg

ww22011-11-2915-04-09-34.jpg

ww22011-11-2915-04-45-49.jpg

ww22011-11-2915-04-48-34.jpg

I think its stationary vehicles(including guns), not firing either, are not updated/prioritized for world updates properly...the host doesnt think it neccessary to send you a vehicle update because the vehicle has nothing to update ie positional or such, which means the vehicle on your client starts to go out of whack until you receive a new world update for that vehicle when it has something new, either firing or moving...

I have screenshot of FMBs listing 90degrees, ATG pointing up and or down, tanks on their roofs and so forth, all stationary, once they started moving or firing they corrected themselves...

• Registered Users

I thought I had posted this but can't find it....Senior moment I guess.

Been seeing alot of this with tanks/trucks atgs/aaguns. Affects friend and foe.

Seems to happen whenever a player sits still and does'nt fire or move turrent etc for a bit.

To me it appears to revert to "normal" if a player gives imput to any position...ie moves

turrent/gun or moves the vehicle.

1FeCt3Y4b1Y

Also....players stationary would start to sink into the ground, slowly flip and some others.

When this happened I asked the player to move his turret to basically to move....the tank slowly righted itself. This was during the very start of the Achen battle and my FPS went south. Alot of players were complaining their FPS was the same. Alot of players were in the area at the start of the battle as we approached the Mass depot(west cp) in Achen. This is when atg's and tanks that were stationary for X amount of time would start doing what I mentioned above.

I wouldnt doubt during an active defense or attck with MANY players around this could be reproduced. Almost positive it could. Seems like a pattern forming here.

S!

ez

Did this guy have a name tag?

I bet not. Bet he was disconnected.

Disconnected like this guy?

sshot16z.png

Or this guy?

sshot2yx.png

Or this guy I ran right past, laid down next to and pumped 2 magazines into his head?

sshot27.png

Your game is broken. It isnt due to us not having enough RAM or being somehow 'disconnected'. Own up to the issue and fix it. Its all your paying customers are asking.

• Registered Users
Did this guy have a name tag?

I bet not. Bet he was disconnected.

Yep "Matts222", watch it in full screen 1080 and note his tag stays stationary.

And no he did not cthl. He was rearming at the fru, soon as he fired his engine up his tank rotated to tracks down and he pulled back up to the fireing line. Also in 1080 you can see my packet info....ping and ticker bar.

I was not dropping packets according to it either.

I've seen it alot lately and had squadies tell me I'm doing the "slow roll" too.

Seems to me it happens when a player stays stationary, fully stationary as in no joy/key imput for several minutes.

I can try to get more vid that includes return to normal if that would help.

As to Mrblue, this is my thread. You are welcome to add to it if you leave the negitivity out. Otherwise make your own thread.

• Registered Users

This is the grownup section, playskool is way.

Seriously leave it at the door if you honestly want to help squash these bugs.

@mrblue

the truth is cool, we all want the truth

don't be down on OldZeke, he is expressing simply that the attitude doesn't make the work any easier, and as one of the few that we are, here; doing that work, I agree with him :D

everyone is working as hard as humanly possible on everything here. It does help us maintain this difficult level of activity if we don't have to be reminded that people think we make koolaid here, you know ? We're only human.

@OldZeke

yeah I been trying to get live activity doing what you are demonstrating ... "trapped" so to speak, so we can further debug it. We have some funky state issues going on and we are tracking them down and killing them, slowly but surely.

Generally occurs here when multicrewing a vehicle with friends. If driver DC's, the nose of our 232 or whatever will go into the ground and we'll just continue along in a glitched/unrecoverable state. This almost always occurs during/pending one of those Cell-host errors that have been popping up as of late.

I saw this on Sunday night quite a lot, didn't take shots unfortunately.

Wasn't just tanks either, saw a cmle38 doing the same thing. Seemed as soon as they moved in anyway they reverted back to the correct state. I don't think firing altered any state. Not multi crewed either, I know this as they were squad mates.