Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Infantry lag kills issues in town #4669

matamor

Since the last minor patch, you run and you get killed .5 - 1 sec later behind your position or a wall. It happens more often inside town cp building. With the death camera and the blood, you can clearly see that you weren't in a position to get killed. I talked to some players and many observed it.

Any fix coming? Thanks.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• Lob12

• matamor

• delems

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't fix internet lag when you're playing with people from anywhere to west coast USA to Finland. New patch caused new lag for alot of people, it's just something we're gonna have to deal with.

they ain't gunna fix it till they move battles outside towns.

As is, the best way to stay alive is to move in fast enough where the other guy dosen't render till after you kill him.

can't tell you how many times i've seen two people blast each other with a full mag and they both keel over.

Since the last minor patch, you run and you get killed .5 - 1 sec later behind your position or a wall. It happens more often inside town cp building. With the death camera and the blood, you can clearly see that you weren't in a position to get killed. I talked to some players and many observed it.

Any fix coming? Thanks.

More like since 1.31 in my case

New patch caused new lag for alot of people' date=' it's just something we're gonna ask them when is going to be resolved.[/quote']

Fixed.

yep this seems to be more of an issue since 1.31...see 232 firing on me i get behind the wall and then proceed to die as i think i am in the clear and he has no shot...i understand he sees something differently but i thought we had these same problems 2 or 3 years ago and they were fixed

More like since 1.31 in my case

I didn't had any problem with campaign 62. Lag kill were very rare. Now with 63, I don't know if its the new patch that came around july 14th, i'm getting killed on the late very often.

yep this seems to be more of an issue since 1.31...see 232 firing on me i get behind the wall and then proceed to die as i think i am in the clear and he has no shot...i understand he sees something differently but i thought we had these same problems 2 or 3 years ago and they were fixed

I just love to hear the 232s or whatever beginning firing 5secs after I got into cover but still killing me.

I didn't had any problem with campaign 62. Lag kill were very rare. Now with 63' date=' I don't know if its the new patch that came around july 14th, i'm getting killed on the late very often.[/quote']

then it means the axis have the "lag" machine!

I recall an experience in Lux last map when I came around a building corner and saw a 232 looking my direction. I very quickly ducked back behind the corner and from my pov, I was a good 4 feet from the corner. He shot my direction a few times, then stopped. At that moment, I decided to lay prone to regain stamina. As soon as I did, the 232 opened fire again and nailed me. I'd say a good 15 seconds went by from the point he stopped firing to when I went prone. Again, from my POV, I was a solid 4 feet away from teh corner and was suddenly visiable to the 232 when I went prone. Had me scratchin my head forever...still don't get it. It's some testing I have been meaning to do.

Definitely has been noticeable since 1.31.

Similarly... you'll be somewhere in a building or whatever, and you die, then on the deathcam you see the guy enter the room...

Very frustrating.

it sucks being near the server and having to deal with people in the old world I get like 40 ping if I remember right...you guys lag!

I've noticed the same since 1.31. At first I blamed it on bandwidth issues with more players and patch downloads, but it has been ongoing now.

I believe it is much worse since this latest version too. Never really noticed it much before, now I do all the time.

On another note, when I bust FBs and the last satchel goes off and the FB message comes up... well, it used to immediately say 'MSP no longer available', now however, I can count 4 to 5 seconds before that message comes up. So, something is much slower somewhere.

Fixed.

Dude unless you want to either A.) Go back to 1.0 graphics, B.) Pay for a direct wire-in from all player computers to the server. or C.) Personally buy every player a brand new, top-of-the-line PC with all the stuffing, there is no way to fix it.

Dude unless you want to either A.) Go back to 1.0 graphics' date=' B.) Pay for a direct wire-in from all player computers to the server. or C.) Personally buy every player a brand new, top-of-the-line PC with all the stuffing, there is no way to fix it.[/quote']

I'd rather return to 1.30 graphics and getting rid of this horrible gameplay issue.

Just now I had the time to shot a guy 4 times in the back before he turned and hitted me (I didnt died at least) before realizing he was DEAD!

Wouldn't one solution be to increase the bandwidth at RatHQ?

I *know* most people aren't playing this game on a 56k line but that's what it feels like.

I'd rather return to 1.30 graphics and getting rid of this horrible gameplay issue.

Just now I had the time to shot a guy 4 times in the back before he turned and hitted me (I didnt died at least) before realizing he was DEAD!

And then what? People will complain about it in 1.30 as well.

And then what? People will complain about it in 1.30 as well.

????? you didnt read the thread of what? we've been saying its worst than ever since 1.31 and then you said "oh we'll have to return to crappy graphics to get rid of it " and I just said I'd rather go back to 1.30 graphics to get rid of this gameplay issue.

I think you're back from a break for 1.31 right? so maybe you didnt notice the drastic change lol

????? you didnt read the thread of what? we've been saying its worst than ever since 1.31 and then you said "oh we'll have to return to crappy graphics to get rid of it " and I just said I'd rather go back to 1.30 graphics to get rid of this gameplay issue.

I think you're back from a break for 1.31 right? so maybe you didnt notice the drastic change lol

It's to underline the futility of complaining about it.

It's to underline the futility of complaining about it.

Ok... not sure to get you but eh.

are you back from a break or not? I recall seeing your "I am back" thread.

If you're an infantry player YOU HAVE to have noticed the difference.

Definitely has been noticeable since 1.31.

Similarly... you'll be somewhere in a building or whatever, and you die, then on the deathcam you see the guy enter the room...

Very frustrating.

This, for the love of God, this! CPs aren't so bad, but it's almost impossible to defend a bunker if the enemy knows where you're hiding.

Ok... not sure to get you but eh.

are you back from a break or not? I recall seeing your "I am back" thread.

If you're an infantry player YOU HAVE to have noticed the difference.

Of course I have. In Habay today I ran across the road, got behind a building, then was mg'd by a tank watching the road. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Yet then again I just picked myself up, and played on. It's not worth getting so worked up over. Lord knows how many times lag has been on my side of things. At the French Habay FB there was this ei SMG that was shooting at me, I could hear the sound for like 4 secs before I turned around and started shooting. He ends up dead and I'm wounded. Happens again with me getting killed. It happens both ways, and it's just something you gotta learn to live with.

Wouldn't one solution be to increase the bandwidth at RatHQ?

I *know* most people aren't playing this game on a 56k line but that's what it feels like.

See that's the thing, they dropped 56k support with 1.31 and upped the bandwidth req's but the Mexican standoff is even worse now than prior to 1.31. CCQ has always been the bane of infantry in this game since day one and which I feel is why they need to abandon WW2OL altogether and make a godamned Mechwarrior MMOG.

If the lag is really caused by high latency you have to really question how much latency some people have. Sometimes we're talking about multiple seconds between actions in game. In the situation of a person lagging into the building I'm assuming the issue is the time between the attacking player updating position to the server, then the server sending that information to the defender. To actually have 2 or 3 seconds lag before that player is seen entering the room pings would have to be in the thousands! 1 second is 1000 milliseconds, average ping to a US server in smaller games for me is 130m/s. So if I'm storming a CP, and the defender is another Brit I'd expect the delay to be around 300m/s not even close to seconds! My ping in Australian hosted games is more like 200m/s, so half a second latency seems more reasonable, but we're seeing much longer gaps than that.