Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Infantry lag kills issues in town #4669

matamor

Nonsense.. By your own logic then.. If they won't play because they have to give some advantage up because their ping sucks, then why tf would someone with a good ping keep playing when all their advantage is taken, and in all actuality in this particular title, given to the laggy player?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• Lob12

• matamor

• delems

Top Posters In This Topic

Please refrain from ARGUING with each other in our BUG REPORTING forum. Othewise you get less bugs fixed less quickly.

Try to keep this forum, unlike all the others, for valid reporting and no arguing. It's about the only place in the forums where we actually get a shot at improving the game by reading what is posted, rather than wading through 17 pages of diatribe.

Nonsense.. By your own logic then.. If they won't play because they have to give some advantage up because their ping sucks' date=' then why tf would someone with a good ping keep playing when all their advantage is taken, and in all actuality in this particular title, given to the laggy player?[/quote']

This game gives no advantage or disadvantage relating to pings, study harder, people from all over the world connect to the same server, so ppl in australia with a ping of 600ms does not have a advantage or a disadvantage over people living in Texas with a ping of 20ms. It is the fairest way for such a large scale game like this.

Obviously, this system does have issues, but its still the fairest system to date, now if we can defeat the speed of light, things will improve.

You clearly have to learn more about how this system works, and its being reported dozens of times by the rats over the years.

The current predictor code is iffy though, and it really pisses me off getting killed by a ei that hasnt appeared in my view yet.

Whoops posted while DOC was typing, well my issues with the predictor code still stands, no warping, nice, being killed by ei before they appear in my view not nice... ;)

Edited by geckopow

This may be old but I am so SICK of this. I am dieing to infantry I CANT SEE. We were told to cap a depot but I as an SMG, being able to hear the EI and knew they were coming, kept getting killed by rifleman I couldn't see. I put myself in a room thinking if EI came around corner it would take him longer and the game would have more time to render him so I could at least have a chance. This is out of control. ONE ei rifleman managed to take out multiple smg's capping, not because he was just that good, but because no one could see him when he entered the room. I had a ping of 60 and fraps over 110 and still couldn't see any EI when they entered a depot. Capping or guarding is out of the question. This problem ONLY happens in flag buildings!

Is it the position of the EI in the game, the fact he's turning, or some interferance with the radios/timers in the flag building? I don't get paid to figure this out but I sure wish I had the answer because this bug will severely hurt this game or ANY game. If you have no enemy or at least can't see him, you have no game.

n1ckm: we read everything but we don't sit around talking about it, too busy WORKING

PS: this response is the perfect example, it would have been better to have said nothing at all since the subject of this thread has no immediate solution for the majority of those posting, at this particular moment

Thanks for posting DOC, by doing so you've already made me feel a little more positive that CRS do read this forum.

I definitely do not agree that saying nothing is better than saying something when it comes to these bugs being reported, just an acknowledgement that the problem exists and is/will be looked at makes me feel so much better than keep coming back to a thread to see no acknowledgement at all from any RAT, I now know that you RATS are aware of the problem, I needn't post in here any more unless I have something more to add that may assist you.

everyone has this issue.

this issue is the very reason I refuse to capture/defend a CP or AB from now on.

I to have a ping of 50-70ms, but around 40-50fps.

the sad thing is CRS doesn't see if because they get like 10ms to the game server which probably negates the issue for them.

Yep, terrible, completely ruins infantry play in CPs. I also rarely guard CPs anymore. This needs to be fixed, nothing else should even matter. Who cares what else there is if you can battle effectively in the capture points? Right now will be the reason I stop playing this game when I do.

Well, the only reason I can think of they don't respond to this is we aren't going to like the answer.

Now, as to what the answer is, not sure, maybe

a) Don't care.

B) Care, but aren't going to do anything about it.

c) Care, but unable to do anything about it.

d) other?

However, to me, not answering is same as saying not going to be fixed (for at least right now anyways).

True, but I haven't figured out how to 'use' it to my advantage consistently.

I also have ran into CPs and killed people and it appeared they didn't even know I was there, but, I don't like that either. What if it was a new player? That is not going to help their game experience.

well the lag used to be as bad as..

shoot an EI at 3 meters with your rifle center mass into their back, they'll hear the shot turn around and shoot you, you die, then they die.

now it's even worse than that, you'll hear some shots then die, and when you hit esc, then 1-2 seconds later they walk into the CP and sometimes just sometimes will show a fireing animation.

still ingame ping says 60-70ms, ping and traceroute to servers down in texas, from dallas, austin, and corpis christi, all ping and traceroute a ping of 60-70ms with a odd end 80ms sometimes.

but you do the same to CRS's game server and you get.. pause for effect.. 200-240ms..

hell even the WW2_log in the battleground europe folder reports this.

Wed Dec 31 19:12:12 1969 network election of 2 addresses: 66.28.224.143:219ms. 209.144.109.143:234ms. Winner: 66.28.224.143, Manual Selection: 66.28.224.143

First off I do think the crs rodents :P are looking at this problem. How much of a priority it is for them with all the other thngs they've taken on remains to be seen. For me this a VERY Isolated problem. It is only happening in flag buildings when the radios are hot. You would think this would narrow down the problem a good deal and make this much easier to find, but what do I know. I think this game could be a lot of fun if this problem didn't exist.

Interesting if it does only happen in flag-buildings ... I haven't tested anywhere else ... Or does it just appear to happen in flag buildings, because that is the only building we fight in on numerous occasions?

If it is just flag buildings, then the problem is almost certainly related to the client-to-server code that updates the capture mechanics ... and nothing to do with the Predictor code (which is what I have seen it put down to so far).

Needs some proper testing ... If it is the capture mechanics, then it should be much easier to locate and fix

No, it doesn't just happen there.

The reason why it seems like it does is that in there people are still and waiting for enemies to come. Out in the field or in towns everyone is more or less on the move and both parties are affected by it.

I have had this happen a few times standing still in an alley or similar where I've been shot and then see the enemy come running round the corner.

The key to this problem is then to always keep moving, which is kind of difficult when you're capping because there isn't much room to move around in. Hence the problem only seems to be happening in the flag buildings.

I also suspect this is happening everywhere, but is far less noticeable as you're moving more out in the field and the encounters seem more random. (vrs know the ei is in the CP coming for you)

A few times I have been shot in the field and not seen a thing, but on death cam there he is, however, because we spend lots more time in and battling among CPs, I think we notice it a lot more.

Well, the only reason I can think of they don't respond to this is we aren't going to like the answer.

Now, as to what the answer is, not sure, maybe

a) Don't care.

B) Care, but aren't going to do anything about it.

c) Care, but unable to do anything about it.

d) other?

However, to me, not answering is same as saying not going to be fixed (for at least right now anyways).

I realize they are busy, but it seems quite a few people are having this problem. I am sure they care, but dont/cant have the resources to address it. So I will pick c.

I set my Network Route to 'secondary' and that seemed to have helped quite a bit. I actually got a Simultaneous kill while guarding a cp instead of the invisible ei death.

yeah - I thought that, if it was just flag buildings, it would have been sorted by now ...

Shame, but back to that Predictor Code.

Ok I had a couple cases tonight where I got shot and saw EI after the deathcam showed him during the despawn. EI was right on me and never saw him until afterward. I'm out of patience with this problem. I upgraded to a premium subscription but will let it go after this month. I need an enemy I can see even if its a dang robot.

Trust me, if there is only one forum we read everything in, it's this one. But being a BUG REPORTING forum we don't let the non-bug stuff stay here, like complaining etc., that lives in the other forums.

PS: there isn't just one forum we read ... we read all the forums, we just don't want this one to be as ... err ... well you know ... as the rest of them. ;)

Trust me, if there is only one forum we read everything in, it's this one. But being a BUG REPORTING forum we don't let the non-bug stuff stay here, like complaining etc., that lives in the other forums.

PS: there isn't just one forum we read ... we read all the forums, we just don't want this one to be as ... err ... well you know ... as the rest of them. ;)

Maybe you should consider removing the word "feedback" from threads in this forum then. Maybe its just me, but it seems to imply that you're interested in how a change is perceived by players and not just in bug reports.

Some versions of vbulletin allow people to use tags to categorize threads. If you added a "feedback" and a "bug report" tag and posted a sticky thread with format examples for either you could probably save some time by skipping the feedback threads and concentrating on the bug report threads.

Currently we have "feedback" in a bunch of thread titles because we're heavily into the testing phase and that requires feedback before we reach release status.

It's still the testing and bug reporting forum and it doesn't really matter what we call anything, to keep the signal high and the noise low, we will delete all non-bug/feedback on testing type posts simply because it works better if we do.

It's either that, or get less work done and a slower release. Easy to see what will win that argument, eh ? ;)

If comments that are not bug or testing feedback related are a priority for a poster, that's what all the other forums can serve.

Not this one. It's just one forum, and keeping it clean gets you a faster release with less issues and us a better working environment to do that in.

My favorite was sitting in a cp closet.

Hear an ei coming to get me. Before he appears I start firing. I die. He comes around the corner, his back is to me and hes firing. He dies a few seconds later.

Totally ridiculous at this point. I could live with the dying to someone after you kill them to an extent. Dying to someone before they render is beyond the pale though. Getting shot around corners is just stupid. I don't understand why people who aren't playing on complete **** connections are always the ones at a disadvantage.

Heres an idea, if the server receives notice that you're dead it stops accepting data from you. Or maybe if you're lagging the server makes you stand around like a moron rather than teleporting you to the "correct" location.

Its pretty terrible in the air when people start flying sideways and backwards as well.

My two favorites...

Run into one of those warehouse buildings that you see by CPS (the ones with the stairs and annoying 2nd floor windows you cant break to shoot out of)... anywho... ran into the warehouse and see a EI standing there loading his rifle. I unload a clip of SMG ammo into him as I circle around him.... I die..... deathcam shows a muzzle flash near my chest...but EI animation never stopped loading his rifle.

Second... Guarding a CP. Im upstairs facing the starway so when ei comes up his back is to me. EI comes in Runs up stairs...I unload clip into His back. He turns, sees me, He runs BACK DOWN the stairs, runs BACK UP, dies..... then I die without see him fire a shot.

My avg ping to the server is < 70ms.... and very little to NO packet loss (would be happy to post my ping test and tracert if anyone would like).

Sorry....but if this kind of crap keeps up much longer... I will find better things to do with my MMO money. I would almost rather go back to the days where EI glided arcross the floor (4 years ago) then this...

Edited by mrwinkie

As Mrwinkie said, it is out of control and needs fixed. I don't want anything else in this game right now except this one particular bug fixed. Pls FIX it and I don't care whats added afterward. The whole game revolves around the capture system and if we can't see the enemy the game is going to suffer. I see it happening quickly. More and more players are getting fed up. If everyone came onto this thread to post about it we would have hundreds of posts every day.