Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Infantry lag kills issues in town #4669

matamor

Spring is when the infantry lag will be fixed?

I think is the winning path to take beside the revamp of system flag mechanics. We all & still hope.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• Lob12

• matamor

• delems

Top Posters In This Topic

/bump anniversary

less worst than it was but still there especially in cps

just resubbed for 3 months

/bump anniversary

less worst than it was but still there especially in cps

just resubbed for 3 months

I am def seeing an improvement, but it still exists, but much more playable now...Hope they can really improve this aspect of the game...

Yep' date=' much better I've seen to, looking forward to see their further improvements in this area.[/quote']

I guess, I still run past an enemy, into a doorway. hear him firing, take a step, die flying forward.

On a very regular basis. But I'm a cp charger,s o I have the opportunity to get lag killed more often then other players.

Yes, I get that now and then, never see who kills me, but way way less. I generally see them come and shoot me. Now, I think I should get shot off back and that is where lag still gets me (as I die), but at least I see them come in and I have a small chance to react.

We expect this to be improved with the new update system in 1.34.

That's a neat update. Thanks Goph!

I'll be scheduling some tests. Please make sure your whole squad turns out.

If BK can help, I'd inform them so we can help you.

Neato! Please make sure to make the testing during US Primetime. That way you will get lots of people. Most of us have bankers hours and cant log in at Noon CDT.

Very hard to motivate 3dlm outisde of training and Squad Night these days, but I will try to get as much as I can for those testings...

Just give us a date and time say 7pm eastern for week nights and I will get Blitz Kader to assist with good numbers and I am sure there are tons of others who will step up as well within this great player community we have..Either way keep us all posted..

Jr

it s not lag, it s inversed lag !

i observed this too since last patch, you get killed then you see the men, shooting, i wonder if i dont prefer old double kill system (150 ping average)

I hope this is fixed..

honestly it isn't fun to play like this..

Example to me, u shoot someone, and after 2sec or more, he dies...(avg ping 160)

Edited by marijn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In testing our alpha we've seen some really nice simul kill effects that lead me to believe this will be much improved for live release.

Tough to say what it will look like in a live fire environment but closed testing reports are positive.

Please make sure you get a chance to test this in open testing and give us feedback.

In testing our alpha we've seen some really nice simul kill effects that lead me to believe this will be much improved for live release.

Tough to say what it will look like in a live fire environment but closed testing reports are positive.

Please make sure you get a chance to test this in open testing and give us feedback.

Nice input there Gophur. We are ready.

I've been doing a lot of scenario play and the number of times I've shot someone coming around the corner and had them die or have simultaneous kills is numerous.

Disclaimer: I am NOT leet inf dude.

But, It has felt more right on than anything I have seen in the live game in the last 10 years. Not sure how it will do when we get to "real" testing but I think it should be much improved.

And oh yeah, if you're still on some antiquated POS net connection your probably SOL in 1.34. Just sayin' =]

Definitly, it's gonna be a huge boner for this game if lag/warp in cqbs get fixed at which ever degrees. From the novice greentag players to occasionnal quakers or infantry stathoes, it's gonna very interesting and I sincerelly have great expectations toward these improvments. Guarding or capping it's gonna be more fun!

And oh yeah' date=' if you're still on some antiquated POS net connection your probably SOL in 1.34. Just sayin' =']

Lucky us, 56k are history! I will for sure pay attention to the lag and warps :D

Well, I took Lob's advice (knew that was probably a mistake) and started playing outside the SP/CP a bit more. What I've noticed is the lag is terrible as ever for me. Is it the mac code? If I'm not sitting still shooting an ei 20m+ away from me, I'm simply ineffective. (other than in CP with SMG, since I can now see ei I can do ok there, BUT, only if not moving, if I'm moving, never seem to hit).

Couple engagements just now, I shoot and miss (I shot first from my perspective) he kills me. And yes, I took careful aim on this one. Another I run past alley and see ei down the way just entering. I'm thinking how I might out maneuver him, when suddenly I drop dead. (I was well past corner by then)

I don't like complaining about infantry play, but I just can't be that bad. I'm careful, take cover, but near every time I get in an engagement with ei I just die. In CPs it's worse, ei runs in with rifle and one shots me all the time? I run in with SMG and still get one shotted by rifle?

Im thinking there must be something wrong with the mac code for infantry play as I don't see how everyone else can always get me. I have no chance at 50/50 play as an infantryman. Makes me sad.

I sure hope this next release fixes the lag for me, as it is, guess I will go back to sitting in a CP or SP, only way I can play and help my team.

"Couple engagements just now, I shoot and miss (I shot first from my perspective) he kills me."

This is what I am not seeing in 1.34. I have had several simultaneous kills that felt right instead of feeling wrong as they do in the live server.