Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

BUG - Game freezing every session #4752

rubbish

log here

GL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation|Renderer: GeForce GTX 285/PCI/SSE2|C++ Exception: class std::runtime_error Out of memory at address 75FCB727

$Id: wwiiClientMessages.cpp 3678 2010-05-18 08:10:04Z osmith@CRS $

This file contains data on the last abnormal application termination that is used to submit crash information automatically to Playnet. Data solely describes the fault and does not contain any system/personal identification.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eigenman

• GOPHUR

• beazil

• Fabao

Same. Even bailed when I got shot down by someone after getting two kills.

Net result = two kills and an rtb for me - no killed by for my attacker. Plus lockup and crash.

Every sortie results in having to ctr/alt/delete to task manager to get out of game and restart.

Yeah I got game lock up after about hour and half of play. And all I got is windows7 64bit and WWIIOL loaded, kinda looks like a memory leak problem.

GL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation|Renderer: GeForce GTX 470/PCI/SSE2|C++ Exception: class std::runtime_error Out of memory at address 7699B727

This file contains data on the last abnormal application termination that is used to submit crash information automatically to Playnet. Data solely describes the fault and does not contain any system/personal identification.

Edited by odds

What are you doing when this happens?

for me it always happened when flying except one time i was just leaving my FRU, got killed, and was in the despawn cycle when my FRU died and everything froze.

otherwise the only connections with the flying is that every time i am usually flying under 1km

Despawning or dying in a plane. I don't really do much else besides fly - but it happens whenever a despawn "should" take place - rtb, shot down, bail, etc.

I am using an Nvidia sli rig as well. Seems others posting have nvidia cards as well, in case that helps.

Game continually gets choppy over towns when flying. Didn't play long enough to see if it freezes.

I just posted an interesting observation from last night in the 1.32 post. Would be interested if anyone else could look at it and try to remember if their situation was similar.

dab

closing on two 109s with 2 seconds away from blasting them out of the air :mad:

Despawning or dying in a plane. I don't really do much else besides fly - but it happens whenever a despawn "should" take place - rtb, shot down, bail, etc.

I am using an Nvidia sli rig as well. Seems others posting have nvidia cards as well, in case that helps.

This.

Ati card here, 4850 x2 but not in crossfire atm.

This.

Ati card here, 4850 x2 but not in crossfire atm.

so is there a way to get out of this with out having to turn off my computer....id rather not risk damage to my pc every time i play this game....

so if my computer ends up getting ****ed up from the strain could i sue crs ??

you need to make it so the game dosent automatically stay on top of other windows even my task manager (ctrl alt del window)so i can at least end the program with out having to press the power button on my tower, risking damage to my computer....which is unacceptable, for your software to risk damage on our computers....thats a quick way to lose customers

alt f4 wont work either....so can i get a way to close the game with out having to risk damage to my computer????

thanks alot for killing the very device that allows me to subscribe and play....

Edited by joeyblow

Diving with P-38, firing 50cals. Game froze and the 50cal sound looped.

So its a hard lock. That means it probably won;t make a log but check anyway for the wwiiollog.txt

I've got a new patch going in that has some changes to the sound. It finally fixed me not hearing my planes engine when in a hurri and using software.

Since these kinds of locks are often faults with the sound stream try this next patch out and report back if there are any improvements.

If not I'll want to start collecting sys info on you guys so I can try and replicate by finding something common. But let's worry about the patch first.

Edited by GOPHUR

My game froze twice while flying. Both times close to the ground. The second time I neared a AOed town, my game froze, then a few later random frames showed (last one could have been a few hundred frames later), then it went completely dead.

Both times it was not a CTD but a hard lockup. Could kill the game through ctrl-alt-del.

So its a hard lock. That means it probably won;t make a log but check anyway for the wwiiol.xml.

I've got a new patch going in that has some changes to the sound. It finally fixed me not hearing my planes engine when in a hurri and using software.

Since these kinds of locks are often faults with the sound stream try this next patch out and report back if there are any improvements.

If not I'll want to start collecting sys info on you guys so I can try and replicate by finding something common. But let's worry about the patch first.

It did feel like the sound was the cause of the choppiness. So Maybe you're aon to something. Oh and GJ curing the engine mute bug.

Just flying around.

This.

I just logged in after the last patch (1.32.155???).

All the times I was needed to CTRL/ALT/DEL to force game crash.

I didn't realize anything "special" to get the game freezing. Once I was chasing EA on the deck close to a busy town. Got more 2 flying around with nothing around. Sounds like a random thing.

EDIT: No wwiiollog.txt here, Gophur.

Edited by Fabao

So its a hard lock. That means it probably won;t make a log but check anyway for the wwiiol.xml.

1.31 would crash all the time, but with a number of symptoms:

Freezes (engine sound loops normally, no buzzing/chopping)

Instantaneous dump to desktop (pressing the screenshot button was great for this, but it would still happen spontaneously)

Alt tabbing out and back in was a very reliable method of killing the game - in these instances, the window space of the program you were tabbing from would create a black space, and the windows close program dialog would open but not have focus, so you'd need to alt tab again at least once to reach it.

what is wwiiol.xml and what is errinfo.dmp? what relevant info is in the xml?

Game froze (again) just now while flying over Elsloo.

GL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation|Renderer: GeForce 8800 GT/PCI/SSE2|C++ Exception: class std::runtime_error Out of memory at address 76AAB727