Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

BUG - Game freezing every session #4752

rubbish

game after this evenings patch still freezing to the point where i have to manually power down my machine...this time its happened during that loading screen...you know the one with the little tips and tidbits about the game and ww2 in general...i am also someone who flys the air force if this has anything to do with it....

my even viewer shows to no corresponding errors....

Edited by joeyblow

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eigenman

• GOPHUR

• beazil

• Fabao

I was happy and content with 1.31. Can't we all just go back to the way it was. I'd rather be playing than beeitching.

Edited by shmonkey

And again flying over Sittard.

GL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation|Renderer: GeForce 8800 GT/PCI/SSE2|C++ Exception: class std::runtime_error Out of memory at address 76AAB727

$Id: wwiiClientMessages.cpp 3678 2010-05-18 08:10:04Z osmith@CRS $

This file contains data on the last abnormal application termination that is used to submit crash information automatically to Playnet. Data solely describes the fault and does not contain any system/personal identification.

add me to the list of this problem

I use eVGA GF8800 GTS 512MB card.

I have 2 game freeze tonight, 1 of them get out when I get CTHL, 2nd time, I press ctrl alt del to end task the game in windows.

Below is what I got from MS event viewer after I end task the game in windows

Source: Application Hang Event ID:1002

Hanging application ww2.exe, version 1.32.1.255, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

hope this help, thanks

*edit - 1st time happen in Flavon on the ground, 2nd time in the air over Anhee

Last freeze made me have to reboot my pc. CTRL-ALT-DEL was not responding anymore. Nor could I alt-TAB to my browser.

Last night was terrible. If I wasn't getting bounced at 6k (thank you Andyg!) and locking up at the respawn point, I would be flying around and just locking up randomly after 20 to 40 minutes. I'm not sure I got to actually respawn more than twice in the entire night, which probably locked and required me to ctr/alt/delete and reload ~ 10 times. Made things pretty aggrivating. And this is post hotpatch.

Thanks for your attention to the matter Gophur. I'm sure we all appreciate the work you are putting into helping to solve the issue. And I think you are right about the log thing - or you'd have most of this information already. Most of my squadmates experienced several hard lockups during our squad ops last night as well. I hope we can help somehow for you to get to the bottom of this.

Good luck to you. If there's anything specific we might be able to do to help test, please just ask. As it is presently, many of us cannot play anyway, so we might as well do what we can. Perhaps if you haven't been able to get to the source of the issue by the time I get home (I'm at work) maybe I (or someone else) can fly around for an hour with sound turned off totally to see if they can last that long before a lockup occurs. Just a thought.

There's a memory leak. Started game at 1 gig froze at 1.7 gig. Was able to kill via task manager. Latest patch.

There's a memory leak. Started game at 1 gig froze at 1.7 gig. Was able to kill via task manager. Latest patch.

Exactly the same thing here.

Is it growing as you move around the map? I'm testing now. on my first spawn in I'm seeing ~1GB peak mem usage. I know when everything gets loaded it gets a lot bigger though. i think the full footprint is in the 1.7 GB range.

Try reducing background applications if you have any or try running the low memory option in Settings and let me know if these have any effect.

Is it growing as you move around the map? I'm testing now. on my first spawn in I'm seeing ~1GB peak mem usage. I know when everything gets loaded it gets a lot bigger though. i think the full footprint is in the 1.7 GB range.

Try reducing background applications if you have any or try running the low memory option in Settings and let me know if these have any effect.

I'll keep an eye on it when I play tonight. I just happened to look at the mem when it froze so you may be right. That's a pretty big jump from pre 1.32 in memory though. Pre 1.32 was on the order of 1.2 gigs max.

Is it growing as you move around the map?

Yes.

Last night I was watching that from Task Manager. Even though the game was trying, looks like it's not "refreshing" the memo usage.

please fix today...im tired of having to ruin my computer just to play a game that i paid for...i can not produce any logs of these errors due to the nature of the freeze and crash...

Ok, just got back from lunch. Here's the deal. I was always flying with lowmem enabled despite the fact I have 8 gigs on my machine, but I have been doing that since 1.31.

Ran gamebooster for ****s and giggles. No crashes after two sorties over lunch today for a total of ~ 35 mins of time. I would have done more, but I'm sure my bosses wouldn't have approved of my being late due to "testing" BGE - but I'm working on it ;) .

So, I'll post more tonight. I can't really comment on whether or not gamebooster helped - but I can say that given my experience over the past two days I would have expected one lockup during that timeframe. But I'm probably premature in saying that.

All pilots got a simultaneous game crash (froze, looping sounds) above a certain area (Helchteren). Reason unknown.

Alts were between 500m and 4km.

Ok, just got back from lunch. Here's the deal. I was always flying with lowmem enabled despite the fact I have 8 gigs on my machine, but I have been doing that since 1.31.

Ran gamebooster for ****s and giggles. No crashes after two sorties over lunch today for a total of ~ 35 mins of time. I would have done more, but I'm sure my bosses wouldn't have approved of my being late due to "testing" BGE - but I'm working on it ;) .

So, I'll post more tonight. I can't really comment on whether or not gamebooster helped - but I can say that given my experience over the past two days I would have expected one lockup during that timeframe. But I'm probably premature in saying that.

I have gamebooster and I will test with that. However, it's not we should get at all. The game must runs itself without anything to help it.

Gophur, do you remember that we already had this kind of memory bug in the past, not a long time ago, right? Looks the same thing now.

How do you report huge crash? Game crashes with sound looping, pic frozen and you have to alt+tab and get task manager up and kill the process. I crashed 2 times tonight (actually typing this while waiting to get in game without logging in twice (that's bug too btw)) first over helchteren at 4½k, then near Peer at dunno what alt. Also every squad member flying crashed at least once tonight. Unlike zeta said, it wasn't simultaneous but a one by one thing.

I haven't had any crashes while playing on ground. Seems to be air thingy

ps. i thought you are not allowed to actually report any bugs by .report only harrassment and cheating and stuff ;)

true, we did ask for that, you're right

PS: it's not all pilots, and it's not just an air thing ... we only warn you against gross generalizations because they slow down the debugging process even though you might have thought you were helping it along

the only that really helps is details, lots of detail and explicit examples we can replicate precisely ... Gophur was just pointing out that "this is broken" doesn't get anything fixed quickly but "when I do ->this<- with ->this specific hardware<- and with ->this<- going on around me :- ->this<- happens and it appears to be a bug or something" will get things fixed very quickly under normal circumstances

if a game this enormous is to make prgress with a team this small, you have to help it along in every way possible

We're not SOE or Microsoft here guys, we're the smallest MMO dev. team in the world I think :D

I've seen a lot of reports about lockups in the air. We spent the afternoon trying to replicate. I didn't have any reports that they were happening to multiple people at the same time. I'll keep a look out for that.