Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

BUG - Game freezing every session #4752

rubbish

Well this lock up isn't producing any CTD logs or I'd have them and all I've got is super trivial stuff. 19 for the biggest offender so...

DOC was able to reproduce a freeze flying last night so we have a thread though a thin one to follow. We're going to try and replicate again and then try a couple things like turning sounds down or turning sound off and seeing if that helps.

MARTINI just spent an hour flying and he's not seeing it. Does it only happen in a single sortie over 40 minutes or is it multiple sorties?

It's multiple sorties. I noticed the memory grow significantly last night while making bombing runs from Gilze to Turnhout. The memory never dropped and it started getting choppy. Turned off the game when it reach 1.5Gigs in the process.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eigenman

• GOPHUR

• beazil

• Fabao

Godamnit I need 64 sounds' date=' I might as well be deaf with only 32[/quote']

Don't get in a twist. That may be a vital clue and glad you found it. Be sure to keep us updated. Besides you're in a plane, you're deaf anyway!

We'll find it guys. It may take some time but we'll find it.

Well this lock up isn't producing any CTD logs or I'd have them and all I've got is super trivial stuff. 19 for the biggest offender so...

DOC was able to reproduce a freeze flying last night so we have a thread though a thin one to follow. We're going to try and replicate again and then try a couple things like turning sounds down or turning sound off and seeing if that helps.

MARTINI just spent an hour flying and he's not seeing it. Does it only happen in a single sortie over 40 minutes or is it multiple sorties?

Multiples. As in one after the other after the other after the other. Lately it's been THE reason to log and restart - as opposed to logging to take a break BECAUSE I WANT TO.

Over the past three days that's all it's been for me. Not a complaint - just info for you. I'll try dumbing down the sounds later to see if I can offer any observations to help.

EDIT: Did you merge the two threads or am I just brain damaged?

Edited by beazil

Does it only happen in a single sortie over 40 minutes or is it multiple sorties?

Looks like it has nothing to do with your sorties. My guess it's about how much memo you're stocking. You can play an hour or even more, but once you hit 1.7GB of memo usage you'll get the freeze stuff.

Ask MARTINI to try to reproduce that watching Task Manager.

building a new patch with a pretty good memory fix in it. Pretty sure we'v nailed this one but we'll see. Thanks for the feedback and please let us know how this one does for you.

Nice.

DOC mentioned in-game something about bionic ears being fixed too. For hardware?

Guess there should be a distinction here. The big hearing bug is the engine mute bug, where you can't hear your engine but you can hear absolutely everything else.

This is the bug that needs fixed the most. Seems to happen the most in Hardware mode. Yes it needs to be fixed in both Hardware and Software mode or only allow one mode.

Just played for about 5 hours. No crashes, no stutters.

Awesome.

TY

dab

Awesome news!

Didn't have time to try the game after the patch yet.

Thanks, guys!

Same - jacked my sounds back up to 128 and played for over an hour. No issues with the game. Well done ... and lets hope this one is gone. Cheers!

I spake too soon!

Hard lock occured about 15 minutes into a flight today... Was flying a hawk87 northwest of bertrix area when the lockup occured. I HAD put sounds back up to 128 last night. Perhaps I'll have to revisit 64 or 32 and see it's effect.

I'm getting very low FPS every 5 minutes or so for 30 seconds now, even though I turned the sounds back from 64 to 32 sounds.

Yesterday I had no problems.

Don't get in a twist. That may be a vital clue and glad you found it. Be sure to keep us updated. Besides you're in a plane, you're deaf anyway!

We'll find it guys. It may take some time but we'll find it.

I haven't flown in a while, i'm getting the mega low FPS on the ground not in a plane. Doesn't matter what i'm doing or spawned into either.

OK setting affinity to core 1

Edited by buggsy

• 2 weeks later...