Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sound trouble? Report it here

XOOM

ok sorry I don't have link , I u sed micro direct x end-user runtime web installer,,off microsofts web site fixed me up asap,,miked used it also with good results ,,good luck all

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OLDZEKE

• rbrady

• wolfie69

• ph0g0

Finally got it to work. I used this link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

The numbers at the end were diff than the ones ohm posted which didn't work for me. his link took 1 sec then said complete.. this one downloaded for several mins then a min or so to install followed by a box saying program installed but might not be compatable and if I wanted to run a dif program...I hit cancel.. the install worked..i have sound in game and pther applications (music etc) so hoping it went well

• Registered Users

The numbers at the end were diff than the ones ohm posted which didn't work for me. his link took 1 sec then said complete.. this one downloaded for several mins then a min or so to install followed by a box saying program installed but might not be compatable and if I wanted to run a dif program...I hit cancel.. the install worked..i have sound in game and pther applications (music etc) so hoping it went well

Good find! That installs all dx versions so covers it all. In earlier testing the dx9c had fixed this for us then but seems many were missing earlier dx components as well. May be MS has dropped pre10 versions to non critical or non important updates.

Have installed/reinstalled three times and have fiddled with all sound settings.

I would surely appreciate help on this - I worry that I'm not smart or patient enough to figure this out on my own at this point.

Love playing the game, by the way. Please help!

As seen in the post above mine, the link to download Active X solved my problem. Thank you for that post.

I uninstalled . re installed from downloads File (ie didnt download again)

Ran the direct x9c link ibshot posted MIcrosoft SDS installer. This took a while to DL .

Selected primary sound driver

re booted PC

re started game

Sounds work

looks like a conflict beetween realtek driver and directx 11 .

Edited by sw1

FINALLY! Okay so this worked for me. I actually used the above link while in game.

I have sound again!

w00t!

• Registered Users
TRIED No work , no sound rebbot re installed ...NADA

Can anybody explain in english please the step by step for XP !!!

You tried updating your DX from here? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

I've no idea how many are even still running xp. I'd advise re downloading the game installer, a fresh download 1st.

Post your system specs, Sound card manufacturer, video card, cpu.

Basicly what I have in my sig, post yours.

all I posted doesn't have the info needed to tell why i have no sound?

I don't know how to locate any other info

• Registered Users
all I posted doesn't have the info needed to tell why i have no sound?

I don't know how to locate any other info

Still no sound? Did you try D/Ling the DX from Microsoft? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

The info you posted has the specs but generally what's needed when specs are asked for are the simple short clear specs.

CPU make and series.

Operating system.

Vidcard make, series and driver version.

Sound card make, series and driver version.

Your's are:

Intel E8500 cpu

Win 8.1

Geforce GTX 650 using 9.18.13.4709driver

Creative SB X-Fi using 6.03.9600.16384 driver

Those are usually always the starting point in sorting out a prob.

In this case it appears many may have been missing a Microsoft DirectX component.

Some seem to have lacked DX9c, others a DX11 file etc.

As to why I can only guess, some program running at the time of install blocked the DX installer the game ran from seeing a needed DX component?

Bad download from the server due to who knows why?

I have no clue. I'm just a old disabled coalminer with too much time on my hands :)

Some are finding, after making sure that all is ok (correct drivers, running DXdiag to be sure, etc..) ... that changing their primary sound driver IN THE GAME SETTINGS (you have to run the game, you don't have to be online) and then rebooting fixed them.

Worth a shot.

did all what you said like 5 times checked all up dates on pc all up to date drivers sound and all cant get sound this sucks I pay a lot of money for many years we need to fix this BS

After all of the other attempts & fails with the other suggestions & links, this one link from ibshot worked for me FYI. thx

did all that ' date=',still no sounds[/quote']

did 2 times direct x both times. went to directx and manually loaded

NO SOUND YET

did all what you said like 5 times checked all up dates on pc all up to date drivers sound and all cant get sound this sucks I pay a lot of money for many years we need to fix this BS

same here dirkski, THIS SUCKS !!

Some are finding, after making sure that all is ok (correct drivers, running DXdiag to be sure, etc..) ... that changing their primary sound driver IN THE GAME SETTINGS (you have to run the game, you don't have to be online) and then rebooting fixed them.

Worth a shot.

have done this also and it did not help

Still no sound? Did you try D/Ling the DX from Microsoft? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

The info you posted has the specs but generally what's needed when specs are asked for are the simple short clear specs.

CPU make and series.

Operating system.

Vidcard make, series and driver version.

Sound card make, series and driver version.

Your's are:

Intel E8500 cpu

Win 8.1

Those are usually always the starting point in sorting out a prob.

In this case it appears many may have been missing a Microsoft DirectX component.

Some seem to have lacked DX9c, others a DX11 file etc.

As to why I can only guess, some program running at the time of install blocked the DX installer the game ran from seeing a needed DX component?

Bad download from the server due to who knows why?

I have no clue. I'm just a old disabled coalminer with too much time on my hands :)

I went and manually loaded direct x, didn't help

I have changed and tried all the preferences on sound in game, no help

I have removed and re-installed the entire game 2 times including direct X and no help

I have tried every post, suggestions from players in game, no help

this is beginning to piss me off

I went and manually loaded direct x, didn't help

I have changed and tried all the preferences on sound in game, no help

I have removed and re-installed the entire game 2 times including direct X and no help

I have tried every post, suggestions from players in game, no help

this is beginning to piss me off

my system:

Intel E8500 cpu

Win 8.1