Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sound trouble? Report it here

XOOM

WTF?? Followed all the directions, several times. Deleted old files, uninstalled game, did full install, etc. Still no sound. I'm not real computer literate so if more than uninstall/reinstall is needed my years of playing are over. Any suggestions?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OLDZEKE

• rbrady

• wolfie69

• ph0g0

$33% darn in game sound is finally working thanks to this post:

Finally got it to work. I used this link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

The numbers at the end were diff than the ones ohm posted which didn't work for me. his link took 1 sec then said complete.. this one downloaded for several mins then a min or so to install followed by a box saying program installed but might not be compatable and if I wanted to run a dif program...I hit cancel.. the install worked..i have sound in game and pther applications (music etc) so hoping it went well

Thanks!

THIS is what worked for me - Thanks! USE THIS MIRROR' date=' not the Microsoft link. This DX installer actually did stuff, took 2- seconds after a bit of a download.[/quote']

Just worked for me too :)

Just an FYI XOOM.

I purchased and installed Win 8.1. Got the sound missing problem right away.

I'm headed off to get directX via link provided.

• 3 weeks later...

This is what i did to fix the audio problem for me and my dad. I fixed his and then I took his folder located here C:\Program Files (x86)\CRS\Battleground Europe\DATA and copied his DirectXRedist folder from that location and deleted it out of my computer and pasted his into mine. I have uploaded the folder for you to use here

http://www.4shared.com/folder/g7BM3ZcK/DirectXRedist.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Literally the split second i enter the world the game closes out.

It doesn't even tell me if it crashed or not, it just closes the game.

Specs:

Memory: 6 gigs

Processor: Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8CPUs), 2.2GHz

DX11

Intel Integrated graphics 3000

• 5 months later...

I've encountered a somewhat fairly-new engine sound bug that is really disturbing. Ive heard others state that they have dealt with this recently. Over the last week, I have been in several situations where enemy vehicles have driven to within meters of me and never uttered one sound, not until I killed them, they killed me, or we exchanged rounds... Its more than a simple "it coasted all-the-way" thing.... I had a beddy drive up a hill towards me and I fried him, almost point blank... only saw him because I had just started to close my hatch to move up, No Sound, there he was driving uphill right ahead of me, no engine sounds what so ever.

Second occurance was a few days ago, dont remember the town, but a Stuart rolled right into the middle of the AB... Zero engine sounds... started pounding on a few of us, until we realized he had gotten in... no one heard him drive in.

Today a group of us had set up Panzers and 88's on the eastern hill, above Hesdin. ....myself, a few guys from the Iron Wolves, plus a few others... 2 Panzers up the slope, North of my position, got flamed by an ET in town... I, in turn, flamed him. Not long after, an ei crept in and mg'd the 88 crews right next to me, then sprayed my turret, trying to kill my Commander. All sounds heard. I buttoned up & cut him down with my turret mg. Then "Boom", commander up, ET within meters to my NW. Spun my turret to no avail.. I brewed up. Neither I, nor any of the guys near me, ever heard an et climb the hill, nor did we hear it drive southward, across the face of the upper slope. Even if he had "rolled" to that position from the top of the hill.. he would have had to climb the hill North of me somewhere.. again, with my commander up most of the time, I "Should" have heard him climb that hill, at some point, as should have the guys in the 88's. No one heard him. Its a very large hill, so it cant be said that he utilized speed to get uphill, without his engine. My audio was normal, otherwise, explosions and . And he wasnt up there already, because a number of panzers and atgs had total control of that hilltop, for quite some time. There is simply no way any tank could climb that hill without being heard..

• 11 months later...

ignore

Meant to post this in our forums not this one lol.

Edited by raven4
wrong forum

Finally got it to work. I used this link

The numbers at the end were diff than the ones ohm posted which didn't work for me. his link took 1 sec then said complete.. this one downloaded for several mins then a min or so to install followed by a box saying program installed but might not be compatable and if I wanted to run a dif program...I hit cancel.. the install worked..i have sound in game and pther applications (music etc) so hoping it went well

All that link does is take me to the Windows 10 update page. I click update and it tells me my version is up to date. So that doesn't work.

IBSHOT POSTED THIS LINK FOR DIRECT X .

DOWN LOAD DIRECT X THROUGH THIS LINK. DO COMPLETE UNINSTALL OF WWII ONLINE.

DOWNLOAD FULL INSTALL THEN UNCHECK THE DIRECT X DOWNLOAD PORTION OF THE FULL INSTALL. THIS SHOULD FIX THE SOUND PROBLEM.

I SPENT 3 DAYS TRYING DIFFERENT DIRECT X DOWN LOADS AND MESSING WITH SOUND SETTINGS NONE OF THEM WORKED.

I DOWNLOADED DIRECT X FROM THIS LINK AND SOON AS I LOGGED IN I HAD IN GAME SOUNDS I DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO MESS WITH THE SOUND SETTINGS.

S! TO IBSHOT FOR TAKING THE TIME TO FIND THIS AND POST IT TO THE FORUM.

Tried all suggested here. DirectX unchecked. DirectX checked. Nothing works.

I'm going to assume that building a new computer and doing a fresh install of Windows 10 is no longer compatible with this game. Rats might want to fix that before releasing on Steam.

As for me.... Unless someone has another suggestion, I guess I'm done.

And to think... I spent $1200 building a new computer because I wanted to try reducing the awful lag in this game and all it did was make the game unplayable. lol

Edited by lipton

Ok... I've spent 3 work days messing with this, but I finally got it working. :rolleyes:

Not sure what I did exactly.

Removed EVERYTHING having to do with this game from my computer.

Then, I right-clicked the speaker icon on my tool bar and clicked the playback devices option and disabled every audio option available except my headphones and made sure it was still my "Default" device .

Then, during the download... I un-checked the option to download DirectX. (tried that before to no avail, but hey)

I'm up and running. Not sure any of those things helped. I've done so many things in the last 48hrs that I couldn't say anymore. :D

Edited by lipton